• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean...absolute zero and black hole bombs are also things.

Granted, iirc, Ridley's stronger to the point of absurdity.

Well, Ridley is baseline 5-B while Mega Man is a bit higher. What I mean by that is Samus' arsenal is considered to be Planet Level since she's been stated to be able to destroy planets. That would mean Ridley is likely baseline, 59.44 Zettatons of tnt. Meanwhile Mega Man is superior to 666 Zettatons of tnt due to a small scaling chain. Combine that with superior hax and even with Ridley's regen I think Mega Man takes the fight.

> Ridley is baseline 5-B

False, and Metroid downplay is getting far too frequent. Even fodder Tallon Metroids have durability that's over 73.14342541 Zettatons; Power Bombs effortlessly atomize multiple Tallon Metroids at once, and Samus and Ridley are both 100% immune to power bombs. 5-B keys of Samus and Ridley should have around the same AP and Durability as let's say Captain Ginyu; which is wayyyy above baseline 5-B.

Also, the OP says this is Ridley at his strongest; aka Omega Ridley. This version is at least Low 4-C likely far higher. He scales to Hyper Mode Samus who should be much stronger than Light Suit Samus, who is at least Low 4-C. And that's not counting the Phazon hax that this version of Ridley has.

Please switch Ridley to a weaker key, or this is a stomp in Ridley's favor. Mega Man might win against Meta Ridley or Post Corruption Ridley, but Omega Ridley stomps this extremely hard.

Fodders having a high feat in comparasion to previous main/top character dosent make it an outlier, look at DBZ.

It's not an outlier, planet level durability feats are rather consistent for baby metroids. Leviathans crashing have two 5-B feats, also, those versions of the Metroids have been undamaged despite them tanking the direct hit from Leviathan crashing 5 times. So that's 2 Planet level durability feats and 3 Multi-Continent level durability feats that are all both casual and consistent.

And they're only Fodder for Varia Suit Samus and Other Phazon enhanced enemy standards. They're still far above wild life or non-Phazon enhanced Space Pirate standards.

@Kamod. Problem is, there's only two feats that scale above 5-B in Metroid. Dark Samus's durability at her peak, and the Animus being 3-B, which only kinda is attributed to Samus.

@DDM. Gimme a sec.

I remember them having a 4-C feat in the Samus and Joey manga, I dont think thats consistent since it was a casual Samus when she needed the Luminoth to fight Dark Samus wich is supposedly after Prime (Low 4-C).

There's a lot of feats that could be above 5-B. Gorea actually has some possible 5-A feats considering he busts planets all over the galaxy. And Power Bombing busting a planet in Samus & Joey could be calc'd to be much higher if there's a good image for it.

Samus freezing the Sun was calc'd at Low 4-C but it was considered an AP outlier and it was her normal power suit, her 6-C key in fact. But it's still a legit range feat and a hax feat.

tallon metroids are fodder in comparsion to regular metroids and the entire hierarchy, they're otherwise still considered extremely dangerous, requiring super missiles and power bombs to kill. though in regards to the battle, pretty sure you cant avoid a stomp on either side

Ironically, Baby Metroids are far more durable than the more mature metroids, excluding Absolute Zero resistance; and exceptions are Omega Metroids and the Queen. But still, Tallon Metroids do legit have Planet level durability given the consistent feats. Anyway, OP better switch to a different Ridley key or he stomps Mega Man.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Please switch Ridley to a weaker key, or this is a stomp in Ridley's favor.
I was just going off there profiles. Most of his Keys were planet level with one unknown so I figured it was fine to just say he's composited.

Ill change it to the Post corruption Ridley.

There is a mid discussion about the Prime 3 top tiers, so we're working on clarifying how powerful Omega Ridley is. Though with Post-Corruption Ridley, it's much better match, but I think Megaman should take this now. He's got Absolute Zero Ice, Ridley may have taken hits from Nigh-AZ, but Mega Man is actually AZ even if he doesn't have as good use of it. Ridley could perhaps escape Mega Man's black holes do to being adapted to 960 G's and having amazing flight, but Mega Man's Time Stop is probably his trump card. He could use it to get into perfect position, and Transmutation looks potent.

Voting Mega Man for those reasons now.

I love me some Purple Space Dragon, but on volume of weaponry and utility alone I could easily say Mega Man has the tools for the job to take him down. Maybe not for good, but definetely enough to win the fight. Not going to go over everything Mega Man can use, but his arsenal puts Samus's to shame. That said in a close quarters fight Mega Man would be torn to shreads if Ridley actually caught him, which he probably won't due to weapons like time stop.

My vote is for the Blue Bomber.

Back