• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anyone gonna pre order the megaman x zero collection for switch? Kinda hyped to play those games on much better hardware and on my tv.

Dunno if I'm gonna preorder, but will definitely get them in the future. Still deciding if to go for the PS4 or Switch though. On one hand, portability is a huge plus for me... but I already got the X Legacy Collection for PS4 from before I got the Switch, so I kinda want to have it there for collection as well... which isn't a plus just me complicating things >_>;

Yeah, it's on the switch. I'd say go for it, I personally think the X series is phenomenal at least from X1 to X4, X5 is still great, X6 has its slumps but still many enjoyable things, X7 is the low point in many ways, but it shapes up again in X8.

Hmm... I can't really say, tbh. When I bought it it was at full price, but that was all the way back in 2018. It must have dropped in price already. I've seen it cheaper in several stores, at least.

This is just what was needed. A Mega Man discussion thread :)

I'd say go for it. Besides having Megaman on the go is a major plus if you ask me.

For me the Zero Collection will be a good chance to finally play the ZX games which I overlooked back in the 3DS days.

I went back and looked at the trailer for the zero collection and saw that it had nice new graphics and an option to change it into the old ones. Which do yall perve, personally the OG graphics look the best imo

I really don't mind, both look great IMO. Now I am curious about what new features it's bringing, such as bonus modes and such.

Yeah. I am really hyped for the Zero Legacy Collection. I only completed MMZ4 (that was my first game ever alongside Zelda: Ocarina of Time, soooooo I have nostalgia for it). So I am really excited to play and beat all the other games.

Anyways, I have been examining a few calcs that the Mega Men currently scale to, and uh, they need an update. Pixel-scaling, angscaling, cosmological assumptions, and other things are kind of problems with the calcs.

I am working on those currently. Hopefully later I can post the new calc here.

You really should play the rest of the Zero series (and fill in with the X series to understand the background on Zero) given how story heavy the Zero games are beginning with 4 really leaves you at loss with a ton of context.

I recall you mentioned you were working on revisions for Zero and others. What are those about? I am pretty interested. Can you post the link?

Okay. Sooooooo, for the Zero series boys, here is my simple re-calc of the upgrade I have in mind for them.

Help with context and other stuff is going to be very handy, because if we nail the context of this feat, it should get accepted and thus, they get upgraded.

I also got the multiplier of the Speed Gear accepted. Wonder what we could do with this. Methinks we could use the multiplier to scale the X era peeps to 1000c, considering by MM11 he should be superior to his Mega Man V self who did the 250c feat.

But even then, I plan to re-calc the Wily Star feat for the same reasons. My plan is to upscale the X era people with these re-calced feats and any approved multipliers that would apply.

Ha, sweet! Zero still rockin (and to a lesser extent X in there, always happy if mah boi is upgraded)

The 250c feat is dodging the lasers from the Asteroid Belt right?

Who would have thought that a x4 increase in speed would lead to such a huge slowdown in the perception of time >_>

Yes. The 250c feat's just for that.

I got a bunch of more re-calcs, too. I just hope they all get accepted.

Migue79 said:
Figured I'd also share this. Not quite refined, but I'll do so soon.
I doubt very much that Willy Star is bigger than the sun, I'd say it's the size of a planet. Not to mention that if willy can create sun-sized ships he should automatically be scaled to at least star level.

Which is why I'm saying it's not refined lol

Larger than a planet considering Rock calls it a star with implied certainty. But not larger than the sun. I'll refine that calc later.

I know for a fact that he's at least 1 AU from it. Or around so.

Pixel scaling is the biggest problem with my calc methinks. But eh.

Does that Speed Gear calc applies to Rock's overall speed? Cause I believe his reaction and combat speed is generally higher than that of his running speed and such as seen with his battles against far faster Robot Masters. For example, Quick Man is far faster than Mega Man on foot, but Mega Man was still able to react and defeat him on several occasions. Quick Man should scale to 250c. So here's what I think:

Running Speed: MFTL (250c from Space Rush calc, which applies to his short burst movements since he piloted Rush through an asteroid belt with debris and enemies flying at him. He also outran Galaxy Man and Saturn's black holes) and MFTL + (1000c due to the Speed Gear, increasing his overall speed).

Combat and Reaction Speed: MFTL (500c since he fought Ra Thor who was twice as fast as Quick Man. There is also the feat where he reacted to Duo in his meteor form, who traveled from Jupiter to Earth in 38 seconds and due to being a universal peace-keeping robot, it can be assumed he patrols solar systems which may or may not be taken into consideration and make things a little higher) and MFTL+ (2000c due to the Speed Gear enhancing his overall speed).

Not much of a difference I know, but I wanted to emphasize the difference between Mega Man's movement and reaction speeds. On that note, any multipliers for the Power Gear? That would be interesting.

The Power Gear is a biiit inconsistent with how it works on the RMs of MM11, but I can see what I can find once first week of university is done.

Also, the Duo flying from Saturn to Earth I recalced [here].

Anywho, the MMV speed feat might also receive an upgrade so the speeds in all cases will be higher. With all this, I'm planning on upscaling the X era Reploids' speed from Rock's speed with the Speed Gear, seeing as the notion of X >>> Rock isn't contradicted in MM11, and that the Reploids are all based off of X's design.

I should be able to provide more calcs for upgrades this weekend to y'all. Hopefully if I nail the context, Dwarf Star level & MFTL+ Classic Mega Man, Thousands of times FTL X era, Billions of times FTL Zero era, etc. will all be a thing in the future.

I have the Zero Swordfighter Skin with Voice 5.

It really feels like I'm playing Zero xD

Also, I'm very disappointed with the new reveal.

Not really a fan of Mii fighters but digging those costumes.

Lol, what weapon do you get for beating the Robot Emblem Masters?

Zero be like:

• Marth: Kobujin (Light Dance Sword)
  • Roy: Bakuenken (Explosive Flame Blade)
  • Ike: Tenshozan (Heaven Rise Slash)
  • Robin: Raihoga (Lightning Cannon Fang)
  • Lucina: Kotsuroeitetsu (Sudden Escape Reflecting Pierce)
  • Chrom: Kotenshieiken (Void Heaven Form Phantom Sword)
  • Corrin: Koryurin (Sparkling Water Dragon Ring)
Bet I used the wrong kanjis in every single one of those XD

Boys, I got 410c as a re-calc of the Wily Star feat. Rest will be readjusted later. Need to do something.

@Migue79:

Dancing Megaman
Keep working your magic

Honestly, I am also a bit disappointed as well, buuut... Byleth's inclusion makes a lot of sense, given FE's popularity, how big it has become, how three houses is I think its best selling game, etc, it would have been strange it Byleth hadn't been included, and unlike Corrin whose game wasn't out yet by the time it was a DLC, Three Houses is out to critical acclaim making the inclusion feel less cheap if you think about it. And frankly, they put a lot of effort into giving him a unique spin, so by their own merits Byleth looks great.

Oh well, amma make a gunner for mah boi X.

Back