• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bass (Mega Man Classic) Downgrade

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So... Big man Keiji Inafune CLEARLY spoke clearly here:
NW: Where in the timeline will the Mega Man 9 story be? Will Mega Man 9 be the last installment of the main series? Is Mega Man & Bass part of the official timeline?
KI: Basically, the chronology was made to follow that of Mega Man 8, and it will be the last in the series. The world of Mega Man & Bass exists parallel to Mega Man 9.
So Mega Man & Bass is not canon to the main canon, as such, Bass absolutely gets no standard equipment and it should be removed from his profile. He TOOOOOOOTALLY only gets his Buster and a few wee transformations! FUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Even if I were to trust the word of an NFT bro, he clearly said "Mega Man & Bass"

This is Mega Man & Bass, this is ロックマン&フォルテ.

Reading comprehension, everyone.
Ah, shiiiiiiiit. The Japanese game is not canon. The American localized one is! Screen crunch is a canonical thing, you see! :D

WTF??????WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING, can someone please explain to me what is being implemented or what we are discussing to be implemented?

WTF??????WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING, can someone please explain to me what is being implemented or what we are discussing to be implemented?
We’re gonna downgrade the whole Classic verse to Sub-City level and Hypersonic in speed. :3

why? thought it was just Bass, and should we really take into account what Inafune says? he no longer works at Capcom and Megaman 8,Megaman & Bass,Megaman 9,Megaman 10 ,11,The power Fighters and Battle aren't they canonical? is that what you mean?

why? thought it was just Bass, and should we really take into account what Inafune says? he no longer works at Capcom and Megaman 8,Megaman & Bass,Megaman 9,Megaman 10 ,11,The power Fighters and Battle aren't they canonical? is that what you mean?
Yeah! We should listen to Inachad! He’s the CREATOR of Mega Man, and the great father of the verse solo-er and principal cause of you crying like an anime fan in prom night, Mighty No. 9 after all! :D

Yeah! We should listen to Inachad! He’s the CREATOR of Mega Man, and the great father of the verse solo-er and principal cause of you crying like an anime fan in prom night, Mighty No. 9 after all! :D
7U5raTF.png

x5WyHnM.png

Wait a minute, I still have my doubts, from what I understand, everything after Megaman 8 is no longer canon, (which I think is stupid) but Duo's feat was in Megaman 8, so why downgrade them all in the classic series? and going by that logic, Megaman X6, X7 and X8 aren't canonical too? even why should they have ended up in X5

Inafune only makes the games as in coding them. He's not the storyboard writers or plans. Plus he's a hack. Plus he likes NFTs. Plus L + ratio. And post-game items are valid unless you like feet you weirdo.

Back