• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Apex

Just a question man, Kiryu's soul attack comes from this Uriel? because... her soul manipulation comes from something that isn't her own power and this profile is just her anime version, Godzilla is from the game.

Armageddon is Makoto's strongest attack. Considering this is Late-Game Makoto he is fairly high on the scaling chain.

Mudo is instant death. Hama is light based instant death.

Alright.

Reducing Makoto's AP doesn't mean much when he can raise it via multiple means, and reduce Kiryu's attack, defense, evasion & accuracy all at once. What's Kiryuu's scaling chain? Makoto is one of the strongest in his chain, and even if he has shields, Makoto can use Megidolaon and bypass it.

Yeah, for Late-Game (which is 4-A) he scales via being comparable to the Late-Game Phantom Thieves, such as Ren Amamiya. The 4-A feat that they scale from is relatively generic, though I don't think it's baseline. And they scale via practically stomping the character who performed it.

EDIT: Wait, hang on. Mechagodzilla doesn't have any 4-A keys, but he does have a Low 2-C key. Was this meant to be End-Game Makoto?

EDIT 2: Realised I'm an idiot. Late-Game Makoto and End-Game Makoto are the same key, currently. Let me pop up the current scaling chain for him. :p

On a scaling chain where:

> = Win

>> = Decisive win

>>> = Stomp

>>>> = One-Shot

Late/End-Game Makoto > Elizabeth (Persona 3) > Lavenza > Caroline/Justine >> End-Game PTs (Pre-Grail) = I believe above baseline?

So, to oversimplify; able to extremely casually one-shot above baseline Low 2-C's. If I've got my facts straight.

Apex PredatorX said:
This seems interesting.

Can Makoto survive Soul Destruction?
For clarification on this, seemingly yes. He survived an entire month without his soul, though it's not fully explained how.

Cognition basically lets you do anything with enough willpower. I think we can safely assume that Makoto just willed himself to survive the month.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Alright.
Reducing Makoto's AP doesn't mean much when he can raise it via multiple means, and reduce Kiryu's attack, defense, evasion & accuracy all at once. What's Kiryuu's scaling chain? Makoto is one of the strongest in his chain, and even if he has shields, Makoto can use Megidolaon and bypass it.
Kiryu scaling chain is:

> = Win

>> = Decisive win

>>> = Stomp

>>>> = One-Shot

Kiryu > Uriel > Metatron > > Gabriel > Michael > > Eschatology >>> Idea >>> Mu = baseline

So he can one-shot characters above baseline Low 2-C.

Kiryu's ap seems to be higher. Regardless, Makoto can still reduce his AP, defense, and evasion all at once, and raise his, so yeah I'm still voting Makoto.

Would Makoto's Soul Manip one-shot him regardless though? Gleaming through Mechagodzilla's profile, he doesn't seem to resist it.

Ah, right. Does someone pilot it though? I can't quite tell from the images and summary.

Back