• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of MCU calc's is it possible to calc this?

It can't be used yet but it should on November 5th if you catch my meaning, just something to have in the tank so we don't have to worry about it later

I mean we have the actual clip of this and that's more than I can say for something like Shang-Chi where we can't find any high quality clips

Welp even though KLOL won't be here I'd still like to know if this is something that's calcable currently in prep

Prolly best to wait til the movie releases first to do any Eternals calcs. A scenes shown in trailers can get cut and/or extended by a noticeable margin to give more info. It'd probably be a waste of effort.
True and the feat will be rated higher than anything that could be calc'd from the look I got but we still do see that full shot along with the next shot in the trailer. I don't mind waiting but I doubt there'll be any need since it should be as simple as we saw

I'll be saying the same thing in november😭

TBH It might not be if Thor's weather manipulation is separate from his other attacks but we need to prove a universal system there
I mean, for one, there's Mjolnir. So it's problematic.

Then again, FRIDAY did outright say that Thor could crack the vibranium spire inside Sokovia, but that'd put him above Thanos barely managing to nick off half of Cap's shield, so...

I mean Idk if that fits the requirements tbh
I'm planning on a more in depth page which could help
Even with that, I still don't see anything higher than 7-A to be worthwhile for Pre-Awakening Thor TBH. 6-C is simply an outlier for the cast at that level.

Isn't there a statement in the AOU script he was able to smash Sokovia by himself. Also I think we need to calculate the feat from Thor 1 where he smashes the ice
No, he was explicitly stated to be able to crack the vibranium spire by FRIDAY herself, who then stated that it would not be enough to halt Sokovia from dropping into Earth and that the impact would still be devastating.

Here's the full stuff from AoE at 01:49:34-

• Tony: The spire's Vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it...
  • FRIDAY: It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating.
  • Tony: Maybe if we could cap the other end, keep the atomic action doubling back.
  • FRIDAY: That could vaporize the city. And everyone on it.

Basically cracking the vibranium spire would in all essence be a massive outlier due to Thanos barely managing to cleave a tiny vibranium shield in half after multiple strikes, unless you wanna argue for 6-C Low 6-B pre-awakening Thor which is absolutely ludicrous given just how horribly outmatched he was against Hela.

No, he was explicitly stated to be able to crack the vibranium spire by FRIDAY herself, who then stated that it would not be enough to halt Sokovia from dropping into Earth and that the impact would still be devastating.
I swear you mentioned something about it in a script
What feat is that?
Thor destroying Jotunheim with his lightning blast, I think
This one; the script further elaborates that this was the shockwave of his thunderbolt and it's such an iconic feat I don't get how it isn't calculated

I swear you mentioned something about it in a script
Pretty sure Spino mentioned it first, until I eventually ended up finding out a few months later that Tony wasn't talking about Thor smashing Sokovia itself, but he was talking about Thor smacking the vibranium spire itself. Which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more impressive than smashing up Sokovia and all that surface-area-thingamajig-because-vibranium-spreads-out-energy mumbo jumbo BS.

Pretty sure Spino mentioned it first, until I eventually ended up finding out a few months later that Tony wasn't talking about Thor smashing Sokovia itself, but he was talking about Thor smacking the vibranium spire itself. Which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more impressive than smashing up Sokovia and all that surface-area-thingamajig-because-vibranium-spreads-out-energy mumbo jumbo BS.
Would that make 7-A Thor a thing?

This one; the script further elaborates that this was the shockwave of his thunderbolt and it's such an iconic feat I don't get how it isn't calculated
Someone apparently calculated it and got High 6-C+ using two calculators. It relied on assuming the area is 100 times the size of the Grand Canyon and the ice is as thick as the Canyon's depth, but I rechecked it and I don't think the ice isn't that thick.

Exactly, it's a massive outlier. Especially considering the fact that a tiny vibranium disc required 3-full-powered strikes from Thanos with considerable effort to even be cut up in half.
There's also the fact that the spire ended up being completely intact even after Thor and Iron Man busted up Sokovia. Every single part of the spire was then seen to be intact when Spidey rummaged the Stark Cleanup Storehouse for parts.

Someone apparently calculated it and got High 6-C+ using two calculators. It relied on assuming the area is 100 times the size of the Grand Canyon and the ice is as thick as the Canyon's depth, but I rechecked it and I don't think the ice isn't that thick.
Yeah that’s stuffed; Jotunheim is massively thinner then the Earth is and is mostly just ice
Tried using the above calc's method, but with a massively lowballed depth of 1 metre, and got about 187.7 megatons. But I'm not sure if this way to calc it is reliable
hmm could be interesting

Tried using the above calc's method, but with a massively lowballed depth of 1 metre, and got about 187.7 megatons. But I'm not sure if this way to calc it is reliable
1 meter depth

Holy heck man how did you ever expect a landmass to even be able to support its own weight with a thickness that's about the full length of a human leg

Even Asgard isn't that thin

Also did you convert miles to km? 2770 miles is 4457.883 km and 180 miles is 289.682 km

That'd inflate the value considerably.

Using 1 meter, I get 493 megatons of TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back