• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
1. SBA assumes that Thanos has the full gauntlet charged up, he already has the mind stone with him
2. Thanos was caught by surprise by Thor, he didn't know who was there

3. He took time to snap in IW since he was badly injured by stormbreaker and he was trying to muster the energy

4. SBA assumes that thanos is willing to kill anyone, if he sees goku running up and punching or firing a ki blast Thanos would snap or turn Goku into stone
1. I wasn't saying that isn't the case, I was using that to support the fact that Thanos doesn't rush to snap his fingers, he took his time, if he rushed it there, he could have snapped before Thor even swung his axe.

2. Not the point, he was still taking his time to do it, and, considering the fact that Thanos is a genius, you'd think he would understand that an enemy could attack him at any time considering the fact that he's literally in an area where a huge battle just took place.

3. That's...a complete assumption, he was taking the time to literally tell Thor that he would have stopped him if he went for the head before slowly raising his hand up so Thor could see it and snapping his fingers, snapping your fingers is almost as easy as breathing. Let alone for a character as strong as Thanos.

4. "State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't." "In character" Yes Thanos wants to kill Goku, as he would in any normal scenario where Goku is fighting him anyways, but he's still in character, thus my point still applies.

RinneItachi said:
1. SBA assumes that Thanos has the full gauntlet charged up, he already has the mind stone with him
2. Thanos was caught by surprise by Thor, he didn't know who was there

3. He took time to snap in IW since he was badly injured by stormbreaker and he was trying to muster the energy

4. SBA assumes that thanos is willing to kill anyone, if he sees goku running up and punching or firing a ki blast Thanos would snap or turn Goku into stone
1. I wasn't saying that isn't the case, I was using that to support the fact that Thanos doesn't rush to snap his fingers, he took his time, if he rushed it there, he could have snapped before Thor even swung his axe.
2. Not the point, he was still taking his time to do it, and, considering the fact that Thanos is a genius, you'd think he would understand that an enemy could attack him at any time considering the fact that he's literally in an area where a huge battle just took place.

3. That's...a complete assumption, he was taking the time to literally tell Thor that he would have stopped him if he went for the head before slowly raising his hand up so Thor could see it and snapping his fingers, snapping your fingers is almost as easy as breathing.

4. "State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't." "In character" Yes Thanos wants to kill Goku, as he would in any normal scenario where Goku is fighting him anyways, but he's still in character, thus my point still applies.
1. He thought he won right there and there and marveled the gauntlet there, he took his time because he thought there was no one to stop him

2. He didn't see who attacked him, he wouldn't fire a beam at goku when unlike thor, he clearly sees him and him trying to attack him

3. He was stuttering due to his injuries, that's why he paused and took a deep breath before he said: "you should have aimed for the head!" If he sees Goku trying to kill him he will snap right away

4. Also, if Goku fires a ki blast or tries to punch him, can't thanos, just, transmute or petrify him???

1. He thought he won right there and there and marveled the gauntlet there, he took his time because he thought there was no one to stop him

2. He didn't see who attacked him, he wouldn't fire a beam at goku when unlike thor, he clearly sees him and him trying to attack him

3. He was stuttering due to his injuries, that's why he paused and took a deep breath before he said: "you should have aimed for the head!"
1. I see what you mean, but in that case, then that's honestly enough for me to question his genius intelligence, either way, not snapping his fingers immediately was foolish, anyone strong enough could have killed him while he was off guard, like Thor almost managed to do.

2. So you're assuming that he only fired the beam at Thor because he didn't know it was Thor, and wouldn't fire a beam at Goku because he clearly see's Goku attempting to harm him? That doesn't make sense. Saying he didn't see Thor up in the sky after being clearly attacked by him means he would have literally just fired the beam in a random direction that he assumed the person would be in, it's far more likely that he knew it was Thor and where Thor was when firing the beam, actually, if you look at the scene, I'm pretty sure he's staring directly at Thor when getting up. But I don't see how any of this disproves my point that Thor wouldn't immediately snap his fingers vs Goku either way.

3. He was stuttering and had heavy breathing after Thor pushed the axe even deeper into him, he still had 12 seconds to snap his fingers before that. And you should take into account how easy it is to snap your fingers, it requires basically no effort, energy, or time to do, then consider how much easier it would be to a being like Thanos, who is massively superior to any and every human in a physical aspect. Also, I severely doubt he needs to raise his hand up, I'm sure he could snap his fingers in any position and it would still take affect.

1. It caught him off guard and he didn't know who it was, it was even proven by WoG has stated that's why he fired a beam. if he wasn't off guard, he would use something else

3. He was badly injured, like, on the verge of death kind of injured, Even before Thor pushed stormbreaker in his chest, he was almost unconscious, he was barely able to speak

1. It caught him off guard and he didn't know who it was, literal WoG has stated that's why he fired a beam. if he wasn't off guard, he would use something else
3. He was badly injured, like, on the verge of death kind of injured, he was barely able to speak
1. Can you link the claim? Cause I wasn't aware of that.

3. Again, he seemed to only really be severely injured when Thor thrusted it further into his chest, and he had 12 seconds to snap before then. If I was stabbed in the chest with an axe, I'd die pretty fast, but would still be able to snap my fingers before then, and again, it'd be massively easier for Thanos. As for "on the verge of death" idk about that. After the snap (which also severely injured him even further), he was still able to just teleport away and seemed relatively fine when we see him later.

As for your source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFuM1j1t7k0&feature=youtu.be&t=1955.

2. Even before Thor pushed it deeper in his chest, he looked severly injured, you could see the pain on Thanos's face
I feel like what they said implies that he simply didn't realize that Thor's attack would be as powerful as it was, rather than him not knowing it was Thor. And them saying he could have tried using the gauntlet in another way implies that he wouldn't have snapped his fingers in that confrontation regardless, this is just supporting my argument if anything. If he tried to do anything other than snapping against Goku, he's probably gonna die.

2. Anyone is gonna be in a lot of pain if they get stabbed in the chest, unless they have a very high pain tolerance, that doesn't mean he was near death or was incapable of snapping his fingers. If someone stubs their toe and is in pain from it for several minutes, does that mean they're about to die?

RinneItachi said:
As for your source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFuM1j1t7k0&feature=youtu.be&t=1955.

2. Even before Thor pushed it deeper in his chest, he looked severly injured, you could see the pain on Thanos's face
I feel like what they said implies that he simply didn't realize that Thor's attack would be as powerful as it was, rather than him not knowing it was Thor. And them saying he could have tried using the gauntlet in another way implies that he wouldn't have snapped his fingers in that confrontation regardless, this is just supporting my argument if anything. If he tried to do anything other than snapping against Goku, he's probably gonna die.
2. Anyone is gonna be in a lot of pain if they get stabbed in the chest, unless they have a very high pain tolerance, that doesn't mean he was near death or was incapable of snapping his fingers. If someone stubs their toe and is in pain from it for several minutes, does that mean they're about to die?
1. They also said he was caught off guard from the attack. And actually, Thanos also has other ways to beat Goku besides turning him into dust, like Petrifying, reality warping, and transmuting 2. Thanos was nigh inactive, he could barely move at all, before thor hit him

1. They also said he was caught off guard from the attack. And actually, Thanos also has other ways to beat Goku besides turning him into dust, like Petrifying, reality warping, and transmuting 2. Thanos was nigh inactive, he could barely move at all, before thor hit him
1. I know they said he was caught off guard, what's your point?

True, but he uses it even less than the snap based on the movies, I'm pretty sure he only pretrifies Drax. I don't see the point in listing reality warping, so many things apply to it that just mentioning reality warping itself is kind of pointless, you have to be specific with that. Again, he hardly uses transmutation, I think he only uses it when he encounters Mantis, Drax, Quill, and Gamora early in the movie, but doesn't use it at all vs the Avengers.

2. Actually he had a few seconds before Thor hit him which he used to look at the gauntlet, after he had already endured the shock from the gamma radiation (I think that's what it was).

Seeing Reality warping (And Toon Force) on a character's profile can be incredibly misleading, as sometimes they're borderline useless (Such as with Four's Reality Warping), And sometimes they're extremely broken (Such as with Bugs Bunny's Toon Force)

1. In other words, if he wasn't caught off guard he would use a different attack instead of a beam, and in the movies much of the time he used a different attack against his enemies instead of a beam.

2. Thanos can reality warp goku and call it a day. that's what I meant. And he has more options if Goku fires a ki blast like using spatial manipulation on it and turning it into a black hole or something

3. He already snapped by then, I don't think this changes much. we are talking about why he didn't snap right away before Thor hit him with stormbreaker. Also, this can be interpreted as him looking in shock as he completed his life long dream.

4. If he sees Goku trying to yeet him, he will snap, Goku's wincons require getting close to him or managing to break Through the stones

1. In other words, if he wasn't caught off guard he would use a different attack instead of a beam, and in the movies much of the time he used a different attack against his enemies instead of a beam.
2. Thanos can reality warp goku and call it a day. that's what I meant

3. He already snapped by then, we are talking about why he didn't snap right away before Thor hit him with stormbreaker
1. Oh I get it.

2. Again, you have to specify what you mean by reality warping here. There are dozens of abilities that fall under the classification of reality warping, just saying a character wins because they're a reality warper is close to a NLF.

3. Wdym.

Thanos can manipulate the reality of Goku, being able to turn Goku or his ki blasts into other objects, he can also create an Illusion to fool goku and surprise Goku that way

2. Basically, I don't see how your statement changes the fight at all

Thanos can manipulate the reality of Goku, being able to turn Goku or his ki blasts into other things, he can also create an Illusion to fool goku and surprise Goku that way
2. Basically, I don't see how your statement changes the fight at all
I suppose, but that's more so if he recognizes the danger Ki blasts pose to him. I also just remembered that Vegito could still beat Buuhan even after being turned into a jawbreaker, so eh.

Well anyways, I wanna end this argument. I'm changing my vote to incon btw. Thinking about it more, I think incon makes more sense than a win for either of them since it's definitely within possibility for either to win, there simply isn't a confirmative outcome, so incon is the best option.

Goku senses evil intent and Goku destroys him? Thanos has the Complete IG, he definitely has intentions on snapping half the Universe away which Goku will definitely sense. And since this is MUI (Pretty much the only time Goku's serious), Thanos just gets popped immediately via Ki Blast Spam?

goku resisted existence erasure which is body deconstruction + soul destruction in combined form.....just body deconstruction will also be useless

this match is funny because there strength gap is too much and youre nerfing goku to decide incon when in reality he will blitz and make the match one sided

yes and i told you how beerus existence erasure is soul destruction in addition to body destruction.....someone who resist his body and soul from getting destroyed can easily resist only his body get destroyed that is common sense

Resisting your body being destroyed via Existence Erasure, isn't the same as resisting it being destroyed by Deconstruction (This match finished days ago anyways)

HrishikeshM said:
yes and i told you how beerus existence erasure is soul destruction in addition to body destruction.....someone who resist his body and soul from getting destroyed can easily resist only his body get destroyed that is common sense
Bro, read the the match up, this is base Goku, he ain't gonna survive it. DBS base Goku resisted the haki blast from the other god of destruction but for a while since if it was any longer than he would've met his end. In a way, the snap could attack both matter and soul due to the complete IG having all six stones: power, mind, soul, space, time, and reality (ofc you guys know this) but basically all of the stones are being used when the snap happens.

you seem to be ignoring me.....being erased by existence erasure in hakai case is exactly body + soul destruction.....and whoever can survive it can easily resist body destruction too

where is the common sense in the thread???

Are you referring to Hakai from the Chou Manga? Because yes, there Hakai is matter/soul destruction. But in Dragon Ball Super Hakai is only Existence Erasure

Soupywolf5 said:
Are you referring to Hakai from the Chou Manga? Because yes, there Hakai is matter/soul destruction. But in Dragon Ball Super Hakai is only Existence Erasure
DCkU2cfV0AE5OMd
Existence Destruction includes both matter and soul.

If you guys wanna argue more about this then create a thread again... This match has been added as incon already. This thread should be closed.

Same, but if people truly think that the result isn't how it should be then they can try to have a chance to change it. But I think others will refer to this thread as an example whether or not it'll be incon or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back