• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So... this happened, as a result the start of 5-A is at 3.8 Yottatons instead of 2.7
I started reviewing verses that I cared about even a little, and found part of the 5-A of the MCU comes from scaling above this calculation
The change of the initial limit of 5-A still allows them to reach it, or not?
Was anything done about this?
Like what Dinobot1996 said:
Hmm, the upscale from the 5-B+ calc worked before because it was only a 1.085x increase, but now baseline 5-A would be 1.527x the calc result, which I don't think would work. Presumably, the relevant 5-A characters would have to be downgraded to 'At least 5-B+', and Khonshu would be '5-B+ physically, higher with his staff'.

Now it makes sense why gorr was said to possibly be the biggest threat thor has ever faced

9107900-eee.png

9109100-9029233926-91030.png

Designed to be as big of a threat as IG Thanos and live up to his hype or no

And honestly I'd take the script itself over the directors if there were a conflict, since the script is what determines the canon
There is no conflict. The directors stated that stormbreaker overpowered the beam due to "dwarven magic," which people interpreted it as being some sort of hax/negation but could just as easily have meant that it was enchanted to be that strong. Then later they said if it was Mjolnir it would have been destroyed due to not being as powerful.

There is no conflict. The directors stated that stormbreaker overpowered the beam due to "dwarven magic," which people interpreted it as being some sort of hax/negation but could just as easily have meant that it was enchanted to be that strong. Then later they said if it was Mjolnir it would have been destroyed due to not being as powerful.
Exactly people misinterpreted their words Stormbreaker Is just that strong

Just watched What If Season 2's finale. Been waiting to say this.

Did anyone else not like or even outright dislike this season?

Just watched What If Season 2's finale. Been waiting to say this.

Did anyone else not like or even outright dislike this season?
I'll try to get to the point, while being (somewhat) as detailed as I can:

*Strange Supreme was a fan favourite character (with his episode being the 2nd highest rated one between both seasons on most websites) and in S2 he gets turned into an antagonist (again...), tries to bring back Christie (again...), is willing to sacrifice numerous lives (again...) and goes full demon (again...) before getting killed off... yikes!

*Strange Supreme went from carrying the Guardians of the Multiverse in their battle against Infinite Ultron to getting beaten by Captain Carter and a completely new, original character in Kahhori... double yikes!

*Captain Carter was able to effectively use the infinity stones, Hela's crown and various other god tier weapons/items with little to no issues while Kahhori went from struggling to block cannonballs to keeping up with "universe killers" and "multiversal threats" in an unknown period of time plus was also able to use god tier weapons/items... triple yikes!

*Tons of PiS/CiS; Infinite Killmonger instantly dusting IG Thanos yet choose to confront Peggy and Kahhori in a physical confrontation afterwards, Strange Supreme creating prison dimensions with the outer durability of actual glass, Peggy being able to hold all the Infinity Stones without dying (according to WoG Kahhori placed a barrier on the stones, that was tough enough to protect Peggy but flexible enough for Peggy to safely harness "infinite power") and various other narrative/scaling issues with the S2 finale, quadruple... yikes?

Tl;dr The season finale was highly divisive, it killed off a fan favourite (Strange Supreme) while propping up another to be the "MC" (Captain Carter) which only made that said character polarizing while other characters (Gamora, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, etc) were either underutilized or outright forgotten plus much of the storytelling in the finale felt rushed (not helped by yet another episode being pushed back to next season, just like what happened to Iron-man and Gamora's episode that was originally marked for S1 but got pushed back to S2).

As a result of the fallout of the S2 finale, most MCU supporters don't really care about making new profiles/additions for What if...? S2 characters plus Kahhori's whole existence is a giant can of space worms no-one wants to open (nice power set and design tho) moreover as already mentioned above, losing two hardworking staff MCU supporters was a major blow too.

As for the rest of What if...? S2, the general consensus is, it has a more consistent standard whose lows aren't as bad as S1's lows but as a result it's highs weren't as impressive as S1's either also Kahhori's episode did offend parts of the Spanish/Hispanic communities as well as parts of the indigenous native American communities too, so yeah... not really a motivating force to do anything index wise.

CRTs are ongoing but it'll a hot minute before there'll be a "Infinite Armour" key on Captain Carter's (What If...?) profile let alone profiles for Kahhori, Hela (What If...?), Hulk Hogan, etc.

Last edited:
A couple random things from the Wakanda Forever artbook:

Hmmmm anything about namor scaling
Not directly, though it sounds like Namor being able to match the Hulk in the comics was one of the elements of the character that inspired the filmmakers (and is presumably the motivation behind including M'Baku's line comparing Namor's strength to the Hulk in the movie):
TUyhfOY.png

91mQbnV9eiL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Rocket stated weapons created at nidavellir are stronger then his weapons despite being able to make planet leveling weapons and hela crushed mjolnir Thanos is stated the strongest villain or no

Last edited:
Is that enough for planet tier endgame cast ?
Even though I don't think I'll make it anymore if you want some supporting evidence I was going to make a 5-A Post-Awakening upgrade thread with the main justification being that Thanos was stated to have tanked cosmic energy never seen before by Rocket who also saw with his own eyes in GotG vol.1 a Celestial use the Power Stone to do a surface wipe.

Even though I don't think I'll make it anymore if you want some supporting evidence I was going to make a 5-A Post-Awakening upgrade thread with the main justification being that Thanos was stated to have tanked cosmic energy never seen before by Rocket who also saw with his own eyes in GotG vol.1 a Celestial use the Power Stone to do a surface wipe.
Thanos also has the Tesseract scaling as it was stated to be designed to tank the stone's output and he crushed it easily

Why do the What If...? writers go out of their way to create the most obscure, unasked for scenarios that absolutely no one is interested in seeing? There are so many possible things they could do ESPECIALLY considering that the show's animated format allows you to put quite literally anyone in anything yet still we land on scenarios like "what if Iron Man landed on Skarr" like what???

I'm just curious since in movie the marvels where all 3 characters are affected by light. And it was the use of light as her power. I only wonder if it was the speed of light or not when using the power to shoot out
Saying it's just light alone won't be enough for it to pass the requirements for these kinds of criteria.

Saying it's just light alone won't be enough for it to pass the requirements for these kinds of criteria.
But all her powers are stated in the latest movie The Marvels, which should be considered a new feat, that their powers originate from light, although it hasn't been clearly explained in other movies like this. I'm no expert on calculations but I found it only in the marvels that it's described that way

Can you cite where these sources are from? And some of those scans look iffy as they don't even travel in straight lines

Some vfx wog guys who worked on the film etc and I see nothing wrong with it mysterio can make light speed illusions SpiderMan can dodge the illusions

Last edited:
Why? Can you give a reason? For example, Thor's lightning isn't faster than sound, right?
No lol what kinda goofy shii are you on😭😭???

Idek where ya got that one from but thor isn't someone who would ever be affected by somethjng like this bare minimum he'd always downscale quicksilver who is MHS+

No lol what kinda goofy shii are you on😭😭???

Idek where ya got that one from but thor isn't someone who would ever be affected by somethjng like this bare minimum he'd always downscale quicksilver who is MHS+
You use the word 90% that will be downgraded and most character scale comes directly from Thor if not downgraded Thor. Who do you start with?

Back