• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
cap didn’t overpower thanos and he didn’t get squashed as thanos was holding back he’s literally the worst argument to use that for cause he was specifically holding back as to not kill everyone that but he was also hit with a massive jobbing to because the infinity stones made him to powerful so he would end the movie to quickly

Point is cull has 0 feats to be the level this site actually has him at instead he has way more feats to put way below where he’s rated here
Overpower Peter, not Thanos, which is why I preceeded Thanos with "him". Not great by grammatically, but still. It still amuses me that Thanos knows just how much strength to overload Black Panther and knock out Steve. The like 10 tonner Steve even somewhat surprising million+ tonner Thanos is the point. Jobbing via the Russos who allow Peter to overpower Cull with no effort.

Yeah, he really doesn't. His placement in the community comes down to his statements and implied power. Cull didn't so much as scratch the Mk50, and yet the blow Peter stopped is supposed to be the blow to finish him or something. EG Giant Man has not statements that place him above high tiers, and yet he though Cull was a random goon when he stomped him. The one thing that really supports mid/high tier status is breaking Hulkbuster's arm off.

The one thing that really supports mid/high tier status is breaking Hulkbuster's arm off.
You mean this thing
6709311-153cb4bf24491fe90c1d24403cc446e8.gif

Let’s face it not only could cull barely harm the thing without his gear as in a full direct punch barley dented a part of his helmet and this is the same suit that was getting torn by outriders he literally died to the same barrier that outriders managed crawled through he was floored by black panther lol he was floored by korg

main-qimg-57a36fcc245c6b538016489e89f2062a

This dude is no consistent high tier then combine all this with Peter he’s consistently nowhere near the tier he’s place on this site he definitely needs a downgrade

You mean this thing

Let’s face it not only could cull barely harm the thing without his gear as in a full direct punch barley dented a part of his helmet and this is the same suit that was getting torn by outriders he literally died to the same barrier that outriders managed crawled through he was floored by black panther lol he was floored by korg

This dude is no consistent high tier
Sharp claws, that's about it. Not that either Hulkbuster have the same volumetric durability as other armors (same stuff, but proportionate damage?).

Korg isn't necessarily weak, and it didn't damage him from what we could see.

He is what the plot demands, it seems.

Sharp claws, that's about it. Not that either Hulkbuster have the same volumetric durability as other armors (same stuff, but proportionate damage?).

Korg isn't necessarily weak, and it didn't damage him from what we could see.

He is what the plot demands, it seems.
Hmm sounds like cope Hulkbuster clearly isn’t as strong as the normal one I doubt hulk is getting mauled by outriders lol

Yeah and korg definitely isn’t no large country+ either and it definitely did or he wouldn’t of dropped like that

Yeah and what the plot demands is him not being that strong let’s add it up shall we

High tier feats
Tearing off hulk buster 2 with the help of gear

Low tier feats
Floored by korg
Floored by black panther
Hurt by drax
Died to a barrier that outriders managed to crawl through
Had his slam caught by Peter
Was overpowered again by Peter in endgame
Was possibly koed or at least dazed/stunned by the taxi Peter threw at him
Killed by giant man who I doubt is anywhere near country level or hulk level by portrayal and intent

Hmm I think I can see a consistent pattern here

Last edited:
Hmm sounds like cope Hulkbuster clearly isn’t as strong as the normal I doubt hulk getting mauled by outriders lol

Yeah and korg definitely isn’t no large country+ either it definitely did or he wouldn’t of dropped like that

Yeah and what the plot demands is not being that strong let’s add it up shall we

High end feats Low feats
Tearing off hulk buster 2 with the help of gear Floored by korg
Floored by black panther
Hurt by drax
Died to a barrier that outriders managed to crawl through
Had his slam caught by Peter
Was overpowered again by Peter in endgame
Was possibly koed or at least dazed/stunned by the taxi Peter threw at him

Hmm I think I can see a pattern here
The previous Hulkbuster got nearly impaled by a steel beam. That's just hoe it is with these guys.

Many characters react to things that shouldn't do a thing.

Drax's knives are potent. The novel (I think) confirms Cull get got right up, and BP had an unknown amount of stored power. We don't know what happens after it cuts from Cull being struck by the taxi. The barrier is a funny thing given it tanked an outrider drop ship ramming into it. With Cull, he didn't even partially go through, he just blew up after burning up along it. Outriders pierced the barrier with their claws, which created openings for them; those who stayed too long where cut in half, but still had some burning. It just sounds like the barrier is very tough and that Outriders have hard claws.

The previous Hulkbuster got nearly impaled by a steel beam. That's just hoe it is with these guys.

Many characters react to things that shouldn't do a thing.

Drax's knives are potent. The novel (I think) confirms Cull get got right up, and BP had an unknown amount of stored power. We don't know what happens after it cuts from Cull being struck by the taxi. The barrier is a funny thing given it tanked an outrider drop ship ramming into it. With Cull, he didn't even partially go through, he just blew up after burning up along it. Outriders pierced the barrier with their claws, which created openings for them; those who stayed too long were cut in half, but still had some burning. It just sounds like the barrier is very tough and that Outriders have hard claws.
Drax knives aren’t that potent like if you walked up to the Russo bros and said hey can drax knives shank all the high tiers they’d laugh at you
BP suit can only charge so much and it definitely wasn’t charged enough to floor a high tier as he was never hit by anything that hard in the first place
Outriders aren’t that sharp or they would kill every single person they jumped like cap they dog piled him meaning if they had high tier claws he’d be ripped to shreds etc

There’s no amount of cope you can do consistently cull has a ton of low tier feats over hulk buster feat that literally needed gear for

Drax knives aren’t that potent like if you walked up to the Russo bros and said hey can drax knives shank all the high tiers they’d laugh at you
BP suit can only charge so much and it definitely wasn’t charged enough to floor a high tier as he was never hit by anything that hard in the first place

There’s not amount of cope you can do consistently cull has a ton of low tier feats over hulk buster feat that literally needed gear for
So would telling them Thanos can sneeze at a million Tsar bombas. Movie makers are dumb.

It depends on how long it took to charge, and the suits somehow outputs more force than it takes in somehow given what it can do (flip a car with bullet energy?). Vibranium does get stronger the higher charge it has after all.

Like, dude, Cull is still wack. I don't disagree with the notion.

You mean this thing

This dude is no consistent high tier then combine all this with Peter he’s consistently nowhere near the tier he’s place on this site he definitely needs a downgrade
Didn’t Cull cook Iron Man in Infinity War

So would telling them Thanos can sneeze at a million Tsar bombas. Movie makers are dumb.

It depends on how long it took to charge, and the suits somehow outputs more force than it takes in somehow given what it can do (flip a car with bullet energy?). Vibranium does get stronger the higher charge it has after all.

Like, dude, Cull is still wack. I don't disagree with the notion.
Obviously but be real drax knives by intent or anything would never supposed to be strong enough to gut a high tier

not how long did it charge BP suit has a limit to how much it can absorb before it has to release as in it can be overloaded

What is the current scaling chain from cull cause I want to try and downgrade him but who exactly would be affected

Last edited:
Obviously but be real drax knives by intent or anything would never supposed to be strong enough to gut a high tier

not how long did it charge BP suit has a limit to how much it can absorb before it has to release

What is the current scaling chain from cull cause I want to downgrade but who exactly would be affected
Real intent across mutiple projects? In the MCU? Don't make me laugh. Consistency is a myth that allows anyone with their frontal lobe to have fun with power scaling Thor, someone who got hurt by a random rock or barely crack the pavement. These fools thought about having Cull through Hulk to Earth instead of being Bifrosted away originally. No thoughts, head empty.

The habit gets stronger the more energy it takes in, which is why it has no conventional limit, which is probably why it has not stated limit anywhere. And again, it somehow enhances the power it takes in (never mentioned, but seen with the car and T'Challa getting hit by 10 pound dummy throwing energy).

These fools thought about having Cull through Hulk to Earth instead of being Bifrosted away originally. No thoughts, head empty.
Cull throwing hulk to earth lol what

The habit gets stronger the more energy it takes in, which is why it has no conventional limit, which is probably why it has not stated limit anywhere. And again, it somehow enhances the power it takes in (never mentioned, but seen with the car and T'Challa getting hit by 10 pound dummy throwing energy).
It can’t get stronger his suit literally has limit to the point it can’t go any higher and automatically releases it

I still think cull needs a downgrade he makes the scaling chain so wack like antman definitely doesn’t seem like a high tier nor does he seem intended to be that strong

Cull throwing hulk to earth lol what

It can’t get stronger his suit literally has limit to the point it can’t go any higher and automatically releases it

I still think cull needs a downgrade he makes the scaling chain so wack like antman definitely doesn’t seem like a high tier nor does he seem intended to be that strong
I know, crazy.

Where is this stated?

Yeah, killing a Leviathan is cool and all, but even Kabg took a punch from him at the same height.

Where is this stated?
It’s literally shown like when Thanos punched him so hard that his suit immediately overloaded and released it
thanos-black-panther.gif

I want to fix the scale chain cause right now with how it’s at all these goofs like antman get upgraded at the same time as like any high tier around thanos level which I think is cull fault but I don’t know the current scale chain so I don’t know where to start

It’s literally shown like when Thanos punched him so hard that his suit immediately overloaded and released it
thanos-black-panther.gif

I want to fix the scale chain cause right now with how it’s at all these goofs like antman get upgraded at the same time as like any high tier around thanos level which I think is cull fault but I don’t know the current scale chain so I don’t know where to start

What T'Challa had charged up at that moment wasn't enough to take what Thanos output. Simple as that.

Cull's page has him scaling to Hulk and Iron Man.

What T'Challa had charged up at that moment wasn't enough to take what Thanos output. Simple as that.
What are you talking about the suit released all that energy because it couldn’t absorb the amount thanos exerted and overloaded Like look

8811492-screenshot2023-02-07070347.png

Namor was doing the exact same thing their suits have a limit to the amount of energy they can absorb until they have to release they can’t like charge for ever

Cull's page has him scaling to Hulk and Iron Man.
Scales to a guy he never fought or interacted with ??????? And couldn’t damage tony and somehow scales ??????

Last edited:
What are you talking about the suit released all that energy because it couldn’t absorb the amount thanos exerted and overloaded Like look

8811492-screenshot2023-02-07070347.png

Namor was doing the exact same thing their suits have a limit to the amount of energy they can absorb until the have to release they can’t like charge for ever

Scales to a guy he never fought or interacted with ??????? And couldn’t damage tony and somehow scales ??????
Shuri's suit can break, so I don't know if I'd hold it to the same standard as T'Challa's. Well, aside from the rhino.

They are made with the exact same tech or no Shuri wouldn’t purposely make her suit weaker or give her self a disadvantage
Trade offs are a thing. Built in weapons at the cost of basically perfect defense. Maybe once she plans to fight someone other than some dehydrated fish man, she'll make a better suit.

Trade offs are a thing. Built in weapons at the cost of basically perfect defense. Maybe once she plans to fight someone other than some dehydrated fish man, she'll make a better suit.
Hmm sounds like head canon same tech same rules applies to Black panther

The online preview for the Infinity War novelization, Destiny Arrives, doesn't go further than the first couple chapters, and the download of it I found online has occasional slight typos from formatting issues. It's still my best option for gathering information from the later chapters until me or someone else can get the actual book.

The statement on Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian's power that was recently mentioned in this thread:
l0NOpr3.png

It's made clear multiple times that Iron Man is at a disadvantage against Cull Obsidian:
tSmU3zq.png

MC7rFTh.png

I mean, yeah? I don't see what's supposed to be funny it
Story comes first always just, if Odin showed up and bullied Hela and Wenwu after everything that happened in the episode up to that point it wouldn’t be very good. Or maybe it would have but this is What If we’re talking about.

Story comes first always just, if Odin showed up and bullied Hela and Wenwu after everything that happened in the episode up to that point it wouldn’t be very good. Or maybe it would have but this is What If we’re talking about.
Bullied doesn't mean defeated. At least Odin should have been shown to be much tougher and better, clearly the objective here was to hype up the Rings and Hela, yes there's the whole "alternate universe means they're not as powerful as the main universe version" and stuff like that but it really didn't work out for me. The fight should have been much more intense, much more difficult and victory should have been gained at the last moment. I'm not against Odin losing (it was obvious that he would lose from the moment Hela was made a heroine at least to me) but it could have been handled much better

Bullied doesn't mean defeated. At least Odin should have been shown to be much tougher and better, clearly the objective here was to hype up the Rings and Hela, yes there's the whole "alternate universe means they're not as powerful as the main universe version" and stuff like that but it really didn't work out for me. The fight should have been much more intense, much more difficult and victory should have been gained at the last moment. I'm not against Odin losing (it was obvious that he would lose from the moment Hela was made a heroine at least to me) but it could have been handled much better
Personally I didn’t mind it being pitched but I do agree it could’ve been much better choreography and scale wise.

The quote:

Brad Winderbaum: "I can say that up until this point, we've been a little bit cagey about what's Sacred Timeline, what's not Sacred Timeline. That was born of, frankly, a period at the studio where we were like, "We have to stick the landing with the vendors." It was another part of the company developing the Netflix stuff. We were aware of what they were doing, they were aware of what we were doing, but there was a lot to balance anyway.

But now that some time has passed; now that we see actually how well integrated the stories are, I think that I personally, Brad Winderbaum, would be confident in saying it is part of the Sacred Timeline."

Everyone here is discussing downgrades and trying to make sense of What if? and the general scaling in the MCU

Meanwhile, here I am, in the year 2024 of our lord Cthulhu about to finish Bloodborne for the second time and the Old Hunters DLC for the first time after an intense battle against Lady Maria

Back