• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me? That POWER surge was using the ******* stone’s POWERS. This isn’t quantum physics. Thanos SURVIVED that POWER surge
And you don't seem to understand, that it was a temporary, unintentional surge of said power.

Does it look like Thanos is being constantly amped by the stones?

Then why don't we upgrade Tony and Prof. Hulk as well since the Gauntlet and Power Stone were glowing when they using the Stones?

And you don't seem to understand, that it was a temporary, unintentional surge of said power.
Because it was rising at an uncontrollable rate…
Does it look like Thanos is being constantly amped by the stones?
YES IT DOES BECAUSE HE IS WEILDING THEM. DONT QUESTION ME LIKE YOU THINK IM STUPID
Then why don't we upgrade Tony and Prof. Hulk as well since the Gauntlet and Power Stone were glowing when they using the Stones?
Only briefly when using the stones, but not after their side effects due to being weaker physically obviously

Wow reading that was ******* cringe

Because it was rising at an uncontrollable rate…
YES IT DOES BECAUSE HE IS WEILDING THEM. DONT QUESTION ME LIKE YOU THINK IM STUPID
No he wasn't. That was already discussed here
That's just a side effect of completing the Gauntlet with all six Stones. The only time he got a stat amp was when he used the Power Stone to one-shot Carol

Only briefly when using the stones, but not after their side effects due to being weaker physically obviously
Yet to you the brief moment that all the stones' power were surging through Thanos should be enough to give him a similar rating to Ronan, where the Power Stone was constantly glowing after being placed in his hammer?

Wow reading that was ******* cringe
Says the guy typing in Cap throwing a tantrum

Yet to you the brief moment that all the stones' power were surging through Thanos should be enough to give him a similar rating to Ronan, where the Power Stone was constantly glowing after being placed in his hammer?
Yes because its a full, maximum surge that is releasing all of the stone’s energy instead of a smaller constant one like Ronan has
Says the guy typing in Cap throwing a tantrum
Frieza_I%27ll_Ignore_That_Banner.jpg

Did you forget that the Gauntlet stopped surging and glowing afterwards and became inert until used again? Unlike Ronan's which was constantly in use.

Your argument would have some merit if only either the complete Gauntlet's energy was constantly surging through Thanos, or at least the Power Stone was constantly glowing.

Did you forget that the Gauntlet stopped surging and glowing afterwards and became inert until used again? Unlike Ronan's which was constantly in use.

Your argument would have some merit if only either the complete Gauntlet's energy was constantly surging through Thanos, or at least the Power Stone was constantly glowing.
Don’t waste my time with this “did you forget” bullshit. You’re making me wake up all ******* night, responding to your stupid ass claims while my mental state lowers and lowers the more I read them. THE FACT THAT IT WAS GLOWING AND SURGING AT ALL SHOWS THAT IT WAS BEING USED AT ITS FULL CAPACITY. You should also take into consideration that the glowing part could be a vfx thing that they don’t want to replicate on Thanos’s gauntlet because it was most likely too hard or was on a limited schedule

The practical Iron Monger suit used for filming of the first Iron Man movie was 10 feet tall, which should warrant Type 0 Large Size for Iron Monger:

Stan Winston Studios built the massive practical suit, which included a clamshell center hatch. “The Iron Monger suit is 10 feet tall and weighs approximately 800 pounds,” says Shane Mahan. “We developed and built it during the course of filming and used it to help bridge the character into the digital world of ILM and John Nelson. A gimbal was also built, which allowed us to push it and mimic the actions of the big torso walking.”

Don’t waste my time with this “did you forget” bullshit.
Then stop forgetting that it stopped surging power into Thanos and that it only lasted for a few seconds.

You’re making me wake up all ******* night, responding to your stupid ass claims while my mental state lowers and lowers the more I read them.
Then maybe go to sleep so that you won't throw tantrums.

THE FACT THAT IT WAS GLOWING AND SURGING AT ALL SHOWS THAT IT WAS BEING USED AT ITS FULL CAPACITY.
For only a few seconds.

Last edited:
Don’t waste my time with this “did you forget” bullshit. You’re making me wake up all ******* night, responding to your stupid ass claims while my mental state lowers and lowers the more I read them. THE FACT THAT IT WAS GLOWING AND SURGING AT ALL SHOWS THAT IT WAS BEING USED AT ITS FULL CAPACITY. You should also take into consideration that the glowing part could be a vfx thing that they don’t want to replicate on Thanos’s gauntlet because it was most likely too hard or was on a limited schedule
No one is forcing you to make a response. You seem to not be in the best state of mind right now, so I politely suggest you take a break and get some rest. There's nothing in this argument that's worth getting this worked up about.

I don't mean to add more wood to the fire, but Moon level would only apply for durability, so at best, Thanos would only be getting 5-C durability with the Power Stone.

The Infinity Stones should have 5-C Dura since the power stone wasn’t damaged by the Hadron Enforcer after the dance off scene and only the stones themselves destroyed them. So I guess the stones self destructing themselves only could be 5-C

The Tesseract itself isn't an Infinity Stone (if Thanos had crushed the stone within it, it could not be used). Though the Tesseract crushing instance is another feat itself that I know has had some debate between it. I can't give you my two cents on the Tesseract crushing feat, but I can certainly say it wouldn't scale to any potential 5-C durability

Last edited:
The Tesseract itself isn't an Infinity Stone (if Thanos had crushed the stone within it, it could not be used). Though the Tesseract crushing instance is another feat itself that I know has had some debate between it. I can't give you my two cents on the Tesseract crushing feat, but I can certainly say it wouldn't scale to any potential 5-C durability
It was technically made by the space stone so you could argue otherwise but eh it’s somewhat shaky

I mean, considering the Aether just instantly reconstructed itself and it's entirely possible Thor could only pull this off because the Reality Stone was in a liquid-like form, I don't know if we can really use it (might still be interesting)

I mean, considering the Aether just instantly reconstructed itself and it's entirely possible Thor could only pull this off because the Reality Stone was in a liquid-like form, I don't know if we can really use it (might still be interesting)
I mean it’s not like it instantly dispersed when Thor blasted it with his lightning, it took a sec plus there’s Bor stating it was to powerful to destroy so there’s that to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back