• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly not a bad first episode like I get the vibe it's going for and the handling of it all genuinely isn't bad it's literally just the ******* powers lol but aside from that it was cool

Absolutely no decent feats though the most she does featwise is push a giant ant man head

Last edited:
The vibe's definitely not for me but glad you enjoyed it
It's for sure a lot like a little overwhelming at some moments but it's I think something I'll just have to watch more of to fully get my thoughts out about but as I said before when the first reviews came out it was said that the show isn't going to be for everyone which I think is fine

Fyi I could be coping hard because I'm genuinely gonna be trying to look for redeeming qualities😭😭😭 so it's all good to check me if I am coping
images

Fyi I could be coping hard because I'm genuinely gonna be trying to look for redeeming qualities😭😭😭 so it's all good to check me if I am coping
It's fine, there's no real cope there, imo it's above average by MCU standards. I at least felt there was a personality behind it. If this is your sole introduction t Ms. Marvel it's cute.

I absolutely ******* hate it though, this is Homecoming/Falcon and Winter Soldier levels of dumbing down source.

It's fine, there's no real cope there, imo it's above average by MCU standards. I at least felt there was a personality behind it. If this is your sole introduction t Ms. Marvel it's cute.
This would be my third introduction to Ms. Marvel proper aside from just having known who she is the first being The Avenger games original story from launch and I thought she was cool in there and second was in her original comic run I went back and read that after I played the avengers game it was pretty good stuff and this show would be my third intro to thr character as said and I do really hate the switch up of her powers but in terms of the show for those casual audiences who don't know her or care about her powers I do think the episode itself wasn't objectively bad as you said it's at least a step above the standard marvel stuff and has personality it just really comes down to changing the fundamentals of the chatacter completely.

As ridiculous as it seems her using her powers for the first time in the show sums up the biggest problem anyone who at least knew her before would have and it's when she used her powers people were enamored, awestruck, and thought they looked cool but that's not supposed to be Ms.Marvel to begin with and while I do hate the trope of a character having to earn their iconic comic look or some iconic ability down the line I do hope that that happens in this show and that by the end of it she does indeed get her comic-accurate powers if not by the marvels I mean we have actual inhumans in universe no reason why it couldn't be explained to begin with

Just got finished watching the first episode and as a viewer who isn't well versed in Ms. Marvel I enjoyed it and thought compared to the other Disney+ shows we've gotten it's up there for one of the best first episodes, easily the worst part was the stuff with her powers though. Also if I was a dedicated Ms. Marvel fan I'd probably have a lot of problems with how it's adapting the source material so any criticisms about that are completely valid.

They equated her struggles of fitting into social circles due to her heritage and religion in the original, to the struggles of being an MCU stan and a n e r d, basically. There is THAT degree of simplification for her issues, imo it's kinda borderline offensive. Like yes she was a superhero nerd in the original too but that was entirely her private life and she limited it to a hobby, it wasn't her primary character trait in her own runs.

Like idk, if you wanted her to just be the fangirl, fine, just put her in Marvels no problem. If you're giving her a solo series, and SPECIFICALLY ADAPTING her origin story, you can't just throw out her nuances lol.

The line "It's not really the brown girls from Jersey City who save the world" WAS meant to refer to something, right? Not just a throwaway line to sucker people in that this show has that edge? Because as of episode one it really feels like the latter.

Also they're doing some hella wacky shit where in the show Kamala is weirdly against her parents' wishes she should study, and worse, her principal's basic ass suggestion she have a plan for her future.

The comics-equivalent to this is her parents pressuring her to get an arranged marriage and trying to ship her away from US when all her friends and even love interest is there, like, the struggles aren't comparable in the slightest lol, but they're getting treated with basically the same severeity, and imo it just makes MCU Kamala look stupid

Last edited:
They equated her struggles of fitting into social circles due to her heritage and religion in the original, to the struggles of being an MCU stan and a n e r d, basically. There is THAT degree of simplification for her issues, imo it's kinda borderline offensive. Like yes she was a superhero nerd in the original too but that was entirely her private life and she limited it to a hobby, it wasn't her primary character trait in her own runs.

Like idk, if you wanted her to just be the fangirl, fine, just put her in Marvels no problem. If you're giving her a solo series, and SPECIFICALLY ADAPTING her origin story, you can't just throw out her nuances lol.

The line "It's not really the brown girls from Jersey City who save the world" WAS meant to refer to something, right? Not just a throwaway line to sucker people in that this show has that edge? Because as of episode one it really feels like the latter.
Bruh

Also they're doing some hella wacky shit where in the show Kamala is weirdly against her parents' wishes she should study, and worse, her principal's basic ass suggestion she have a plan for her future.

The comics-equivalent to this is her parents pressuring her to get an arranged marriage and trying to ship her away from US when all her friends and even love interest is there, like, the struggles aren't comparable in the slightest lol, but they're getting treated with basically the same severeity, and imo it just makes MCU Kamala look stupid
Sounds like the show is trash, ain't gonna be bothering with it

Last edited:
Chief taking off his helmet even once makes for a bad adaptation. Chief has unarmoured sex in a shower in the show.

That's downright blasphemy.

Is there a chance that the living tribunal might get introduced by the end of phase 4 or on phase 5. He was shown in the MoM, Thor love and thunder trailer(statue on the back), Loki series(although just a statue)

Ya now I’m definitely not gonna watch this

Is there a chance that the living tribunal might get introduced by the end of phase 4 or on phase 5. He was shown in the MoM, Thor love and thunder trailer(statue on the back), Loki series(although just a statue)
Probably not. It's the Living Tribunal, he's far too big to get a real role, at best he would be a deus ex machina and only for a dramatic situation, it could have worked in MoM in like Wanda didn't redeem herself, we could have had a scene where she continues her rampage even after seeing her sons and the other Wanda at the end and suddenly the Tribunal appears to judge her and finds her guilty or something like that.

BvS was good for fans except for Luthor though
nah, Miller-esque Batman is only good in that specific story's scenario not replicated in the film, Superman's hella unlikeable and they somehow made Doomsday worse. Imo anyways, it's just dripping with that 90s "im gonna make comics DEEP" with nothing worth saying.
Btw who are the villains for the series?
None revealed so far, except ig Damage Control

nah, Miller-esque Batman is only good in that specific story's scenario not replicated in the film, Superman's hella unlikeable and they somehow made Doomsday worse. Imo anyways, it's just dripping with that 90s "im gonna make comics DEEP" with nothing worth saying.
Doomsday and Superman's death were wasted but aside from that and Luthor, I honestly love the movie (Batfleck is just excellent)
None revealed so far, except ig Damage Control
I literally have no idea who or what this is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back