• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I feel like Mysterio takes this thanks to Homelander having no easy way to detect him through his illusions (Due to his enhanced senses being far inferior to Spidey's) and due to Mysterio incredibly superior Inteligence. Homelander might be able to hold out for a while thanks to his lazers, but due to being unable to find Mysterio, he loses.

Um, Homelander has X-Ray vision, so none of Mysterio's illusions work. Not to mention Homelander can oneshot through everything Beck owns. This is a huge stomp.

Zark2099 said:
Um, Homelander has X-Ray vision, so none of Mysterio's illusions work. Not to mention Homelander can oneshot through everything Beck owns. This is a huge stomp.
X-ray vision allows you to see through materials, not illusions.

Well, Mysterio's illusions are holograms, and what contradicts Homelander can't see through that?

Zark2099 said:
Well, Mysterio's illusions are holograms, and what contradicts Homelander can't see through that?
Because X-Ray vision allows you to "see" through a material, by basically nullifying it. Given that the holograms aren't really "materials" but a projection made by the drones, it wouldn't work on them. X-ray vision doesn't discern between reality and illusion, it just nullifies the material in front of you by acting like it doesn't exist.

Also Beck know about Homelander and has a prep, I figure he might be able to at least deal with the x-ray . glad it's getting a discussion though.

Even with knowledge of Homelander and prep time, I don't think any of Mysterio's illusions will be able to get to him (considering all the physical knowledge of him is on one person who may or may not be dead). Compound V also isn't public knowledge, and isn't really even Govt knowledge (like it is in the comics). Homelander is also an always bloodlusted psycho, if he was surrounded he would just spam heat vision.

I don't see how fishbowl takes this, especially since he has no way to get through his durability.

Mysterio can literally spam the drones while he himself can become invisible. The illusions obviously aren't real, but the drones' bullets are. Also, spamming heat vision doesn't exactly help when you don't know what you're hitting on.

Um, explain how he doesn't bypass Homelander's Dura?

Superalexiy said:
Even with knowledge of Homelander and prep time, I don't think any of Mysterio's illusions will be able to get to him (considering all the physical knowledge of him is on one person who may or may not be dead). Compound V also isn't public knowledge, and isn't really even Govt knowledge (like it is in the comics). Homelander is also an always bloodlusted psycho, if he was surrounded he would just spam heat vision.
I don't see how fishbowl takes this, especially since he has no way to get through his durability.
How does Mysterio's knowledge of Homelander's past even change the effectiveness of his illusions? As show by his first confrontation with Spider-Man he can pratically shut down somebody's visual perception of reality by creating entire new environments for them to see.

And besides, Mysterio is incredibly smart and is perfect to deal with Homelander's bloodlusted behavior, he would take advantage of his chaotic heat vision to distract and overhwelm him thanks to the sheer numbers against his enemy, while he himself just slips away with invisibility.

Overwhelm him? He can't even harm him, there's nothing on Earth that can harm Homelander (stated by someone that intimately knows him and has known him for ages). Also invisibility doesn't exactly work against someone with X-Ray Vision and Super-Senses, you can't make your heartbeat invisible, he'll always be able to hear it.

That is a no-limits fallacy. Just because in his universe nothing harms Homelander, doesn't mean nothing harms him in the Marvel Cinematic Universe either. By your logic Saitama should be Tier 0 because nothing in that universe damages him.

TL;DR Homelander doesn't have a Stark in his Earth, nor does he have a Mysterio. So nothing shows that Homelander can't be harmed by Mysterio, especially when they both show 8-C feats.

Superalexiy said:
Overwhelm him? He can't even harm him, there's nothing on Earth that can harm Homelander (stated by someone that intimately knows him and has known him for ages). Also invisibility doesn't exactly work against someone with X-Ray Vision and Super-Senses, you can't make your heartbeat invisible, he'll always be able to hear it.
I already explained how the X-ray vision wouldn't work against the illusions.

As for the super-senses. remember that Mysterio's illusions include his own voice, as show when he modifies it to make it sound like he is everywhere when confronting Spiderman. If anything, Mysterio can take this to his advantage to overwhelm and distract Homelander with lots of random sounds coming from multiple directions and make him waste even more time as the Drones chip Homelander away.

Zark2099 said:
That is a no-limits fallacy. Just because in his universe nothing harms Homelander, doesn't mean nothing harms him in the Marvel Cinematic Universe either. By your logic Saitama should be Tier 0 because nothing in that universe damages him.
TL;DR Homelander doesn't have a Stark in his Earth, nor does he have a Mysterio. So nothing shows that Homelander can't be harmed by Mysterio, especially when they both show 8-C feats.
That's not my logic, that's your strawman, I'm saying that Mysterio doesn't have nuke capabilities and his power set is inherently countered by Homelander, X-Ray Vision, Enhanced Senses and Heat Vision all make it so that Mysterio can't really hide from him and stay alive long.

Superalexiy said:
Zark2099 said:
That's not my logic, that's your strawman, I'm saying that Mysterio doesn't have nuke capabilities and his power set is inherently countered by Homelander, X-Ray Vision, Enhanced Senses and Heat Vision all make it so that Mysterio can't really hide from him and stay alive long.
Dude... what makes you even think that Homelander can resist Nukes when not even his comic counterpart has show that? I already gave you the explanation on why it the X-Ray and Enhanced Senses wouldn't be enough. (Especially the X-Ray vision)

Nuke capabilities don't matter when Beck's bullets are the durability of Homelander.

The point about X-Ray and senses are fair, and I had previously pointed out. They'll literally stomp out Mysterio, hence this match should've been closed from the very beginning

I said that it would probably take a nuke to kill him, not that he can resist them, also comics have nothing to do with this. If it was stated that everything that could be thrown at him has been, that likely includes nuclear bombs. You explanation makes no sense, lol. If you use X-Ray Vision on a TV you'll see the X-Ray of the TV, not the picture its projecting.

Superalexiy said:
I said that it would probably take a nuke to kill him, not that he can resist them, also comics have nothing to do with this. If it was stated that everything that could be thrown at him has been, that likely includes nuclear bombs. You explanation makes no sense, lol. If you use X-Ray Vision on a TV you'll see the X-Ray of the TV, not the picture its projecting.
It's still complete speculation whether or not it would take a nuke to kill him, ircc Tv Series Homelander has show to be much weaker than his comic's counterpart until now, so unless there is actual proof on him being able to resist Beck's attacks saying that "MAYBE he can resist his bullets" is still just that, speculation and a no-limit fallacy by assuming NOTHING short of a nuke can hurt him.

And i explained before and i'll explain again, Mysterio's illusions messes not only with the vision, but with the sound too.

Mysterio is going to be dead i mean yes now say his plan is to bring out all the elementals it would only slow homelander down once he knows there just drones beck is a good as dead

This should be closed since this is a stomp. Homelander counters all of Mysterio's hax and can oneshot

Does Mysterio have anything against just raw, long ranged attacks?

Because Homelander will just get pissed of being shot continously and just spam FTL laser beams everywhere.

if MCU spidey could take down one of the drones by total accident, i can see homelander just spamming his eyees at all degrees to kill most of the drones, making the illusion quite a bit weaker.

Ted Ed said:
Does Mysterio have anything against just raw, long ranged attacks?
Because Homelander will just get pissed of being shot continously and just spam FTL laser beams everywhere.

if MCU spidey could take down one of the drones by total accident, i can see homelander just spamming his eyees at all degrees to kill most of the drones, making the illusion quite a bit weaker.
and pretty much roast quintons little brain from that fish bowl

Back