• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Supes despite having only average skill might win via Regen and outlasting Homelander that way
Homelander is also gonna be shocked about being significantly harmed unlike others who are in his level in the show that harmed him but only on minor things
though this could make homelander simply go all out

Supes cqc and regen outlast and wins mid diff

Supes has higher AP, speed, LS, and arguably skill. He's superior to Homelander in every way and has better abilities to boot so if it's not a stomp then I'm voting for the blue boy scout.

Last edited:
Ok...

Supes is about 1.8x stronger and tougher than HL. Not a crazy advantage but for this kind of fight it makes all the difference in the world. I'll explain what I mean a little later. LS, I'm hesitant to say if Supes actually has the advantage cuz he's class K since Homelander is possibly in that same weight class. As for speed - they're both in very close with Supes being a bit fast in travel speed, at least that's how I read it. Skill wise, Superman comes off as being the better HtH fighter straight up. He also has active regen that's fast enough so that HL is not going to make any progress.

Basically, as far as I can tell, this is a low-key stomp.

Supes beats HL in every way that matters and then some. HL is a character whose only leverage is how strong and fast he is. With Superman's small stat advantage means he doesn't have that and has nothing to fall back on. Even if HL goes full throttle the moment he realizes that and freaks out, Supes can withstand him. Plus, with him being the better fighter, he's going to get more and better hits in. Further still, even if HL does give him trouble, Supes being faster in terms of travel speed means that he can outpace HL and heal off the damage. That's not even to mention that Supes could just absorb more sunlight and just take HL out immediately.

Supes can beat HL in straight fight due to his stats and better skill.

Supes can beat HL in a war of attrition due to his regen and speed.

Supes can get to the point that he can one-shot people almost twice as stronger a HL.

In final summation, Superman is stronger, faster, more durable, has better showings as a fighter, has more endurance and multiple ways to achieve victory. Homelander really has nothing.

This isn't even a stomp.

Homelander is a cunning and dirty person and wouldn't hesitate to fight dirty against superman and the lethality of low blows is enough for homelander to have a lucky hit and possibly kill supes.

Supes skill and intelligence isn't even elaborated outside good h2h combat

While Homelander is well known for bullying and being petty. He would have the advantage to outright deal dirty hits over supes forgiving nature or you know his classic I hold back unless necessary.

Saying this is a stomp fails to acknowledge that even if superman is skilled in h2h he is not a master of it in a way that he cannot make a mistake and such.

I don't see why people are calling this stomp

I don't see why people are calling this stomp
Because Supes holds the absolute physical advantage over Homelander. Supes even at base levels he's almost twice as strong and twice as durable and quite possible as the LS advantage. Hence, a straight up fight is going to be in his favor. On top of this, Supes can actually heal off all the damage he'll take in a matter of moments and he can become stronger, strong enough to one-shot people who were comparable to him beforehand.

Supes also faster than HL in terms of travel speed, whose best feats put between Mach 10 and Mach 18. Supes is Mach 21. Meaning, Supes can outpace and buy time to heal or become stronger whenever he needs to and HL cannot catch him. Conversely, if Supes puts HL on the back foot, HL cannot escape him.

Plus, Homelander has ZERO experience against opponents who are as strong or stronger than him. The reason he does well in fights against opponents with superior skill (Butcher, Soldier Boy, Maeve) is because he's still stronger than them. They have to use skill and/or gang up on HL because he has a power advantage. The moment that goes out the window, he's got little to nothing to call upon. This incarnation of Superman is perfectly capable of fighting people just as strong as himself and does well with it. Supes has no problem beating you into the dirt.

We're calling it a stomp because Superman matches and exceeds Homelander in every major category and has actual options to deal with any inconvenience while still possessing the ability to potentially one-shot Homelander. Superman doesn't have one or two advantages here, he holds all the advantages and Homelander has no equalizers.

that fails to accommodate the entire fact that Homelanders upscale to the calculated potency
No it doesn't. Because even if Homelander matched Superman's base AP/DURA, he still falls short of holding his own against someone as strong as himself, while Superman has dealt with that before. It also wouldn't change the fact that Superman can heal off damage and Homelander can't, meaning that Superman can outlast him. It doesn't change that Superman can get strong enough to one-shot his own baseline. Superman can always ensure that he's stronger than Homelander.

Plus, Homelander has ZERO experience against opponents who are as strong or stronger than him. The reason he does well in fights against opponents with superior skill (Butcher, Soldier Boy, Maeve) is because he's still stronger than them. They have to use skill and/or gang up on HL because he has a power advantage. The moment that goes out the window, he's got little to nothing to call upon. This incarnation of Superman is perfectly capable of fighting people just as strong as himself and does well with it. Supes has no problem beating you into the dirt.
Not saying this helps him much, but Homelander's animated appearance (which is canon and on profile) has him undergo "training" which involved his kid self being beaten up in hand to hand by a stronger opponent.

But otherwise, yeah, no advantages to Homelander
  • Striking and Lifting Strength: Superman (Even? for LS for high-end I suppose)
  • Speed: Comparable, but Superman has the edge again.
  • Hax: Superman has regen and additional abilities
  • Skill: Superman (better showings)
  • Range: Only area they even match and Superman has more in his arsenal here.
  • Personality: Homelander is more likely to have a breakdown or panic mid-fight. Especially since he's the weaker one, which might even trigger childhood trauma.

i don't think its a stomp.
Homelander being overwhelmed and outgunned isn't a stomp. it just makes him the inferior combatant

So, a stomp or no?
IMHO, yes and here's why. Homelander is outclassed is every meaningful way. Superman beats him in stats, beats him in hax and has better combat showings. Homelander has no real wincon here. He has no silver bullet to give him some true method of victory and he's left fighting what amounts to superior version of himself.

To further hammer home what I mean, there was another match a while ago with the comics version of Homelander. His opponent was stronger, vastly more skilled and resists Homelander's heat vision. Sounds like a stomp right? We decided it wasn't because Homelander had a clear advantage: stamina and endurance. His opponent was noted to have poor stamina. In comparison, the results of his last fight in the Boys comic (despite most of it happening off screen) showed kind of what it would take to kill Homelander; being ripped to pieces. And even THEN, Homelander MUTILATED his opponent who was literally made to be STRONGER than him. In that MU, if Homelander fought smartly, he'd have a way to actually win and his tenacity would allow him to outlast his opponent. But because Homelander is a meathead and overly aggressive, he would never think to do that and basically gave his opponent the match because he's just going to rush in and try to beat them to death even when that's bad idea.

I bring all of that up to emphasize a point: for a matchup to not be a stomp both characters must have a viable wincon. Something that they can realistically achieve. Homelander, here, doesn't really have that because there are too many disparities in Superman's favor.

IMHO, yes and here's why. Homelander is outclassed is every meaningful way. Superman beats him in stats, beats him in hax and has better combat showings. Homelander has no real wincon here. He has no silver bullet to give him some true method of victory and he's left fighting what amounts to superior version of himself.

To further hammer home what I mean, there was another match a while ago with the comics version of Homelander. His opponent was stronger, vastly more skilled and resists Homelander's heat vision. Sounds like a stomp right? We decided it wasn't because Homelander had a clear advantage: stamina and endurance. His opponent was noted to have poor stamina. In comparison, the results of his last fight in the Boys comic (despite most of it happening off screen) showed kind of what it would take to kill Homelander; being ripped to pieces. And even THEN, Homelander MUTILATED his opponent who was literally made to be STRONGER than him. In that MU, if Homelander fought smartly, he'd have a way to actually win and his tenacity would allow him to outlast his opponent. But because Homelander is a meathead and overly aggressive, he would never think to do that and basically gave his opponent the match because he's just going to rush in and try to beat them to death even when that's bad idea.

I bring all of that up to emphasize a point: for a matchup to not be a stomp both characters must have a viable wincon. Something that they can realistically achieve. Homelander, here, doesn't really have that because there are too many disparities in Superman's favor.
you just explained why it is not a stomp
a character being dumb even though has capacity to be capable or shown to be makes it a valid wincon just a unlikely one.
just because he would most likely majorly go with the losing path doesn't mean it is a stomp
he is just outclassed and he performed blunder.
the fact on itself that what you explained just happened makes it a reasonable and a realistic possibility.

you just explained why it is not a stomp
No, I didn't.

You seemed to have missed the point where I've said multiple times where Homelander HAS NO EFFECTIVE WINCON. The other match I talked about to express the difference between having an effective wincon and not having one at all.

He still has effective wincon their AP difference isn't that massive that with enough resilience one can just simply beat him regardless of regen.
Afterall Superman regen isn't that great it simply makes him able to heal wounds that would leave a scar that's barely anything in the actual fight this shows that Superman can still be defeated with anyone around his level.

Furthermore Superman Intelligence wasn't elaborated but in the profile he only is shown Formidable hand to hand combat and as mostly goes superman relies mostly in his strength to do job rather than actual mastery of hand 2 hand combat except on certain variations.
landing heats on vital points or vulnerable points also can circumvent the difference in AP or durability. a head hit by a rock that can kill may not severely harm when thrown on the body etc etc. and Homelander isn't some guy who wouldn't result to lowblows and illegal hits.

He has effective wincons just not likely one. stop underplaying him

The AP/Dura gap is only going to widen as the fight goes on and Superman becomes stronger from sunlight exposure. Hence, Superman is actually going to become more durable as he hits harder. Meaning that the effectiveness of his regen is going to only go up. As for the regen even by itself, Homelander isn't capable of dishing out the level damage to overcome it in a fight like this. He just isn't going to be able to output the kind of assault to override it. Partly because how fast the regen is, partly due to Superman's increasing stats, and partly because Superman is going to dominate this fight. Superman isn't going to let Homelander whale on him and his superior combat showings means he's going to get more hits and better counter Homelander's attempts at an assault.

So what if Superman's not master of HtH? Neither is Homelander. The difference being that Superman has shown to still be a good combatant and is used to fighting people on his level. Homelander isn't and has a complex about it. He's either going to rage out, trying to assert his dominance or he's going to panic leaving himself open due childhood trauma as been mentioned earlier in thread. Either way, he's not going to keep a clear head, not that he was much of tactician beforehand.

I'm not underplaying Homelander. If anything, you're underplaying Superman and the variables of the matchup. What is Homelander's wincon? Beat up a person who stronger (and who will become even stronger), tougher, faster, arguably a better fighter and has his exact powerset and more? And it's not stomp because Homelander MIGHT win due to, what? Sheer probability? That's like saying that the match is not a stomp even if there's only 1/100 chance he'd win.

Based off all that, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Back