• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: This is not @The_real_cal_howard CRT. Cal has his own CRT regarding the main cast, but due to the fact he's busy with mainline Marvel, I'll just go ahead with this short, simple, and hopefully uncontroversial CRT

Main Info Primarily comes from These 2 Calcs:
1. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/MCU:_Power_and_Space_Stones
2. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Cinematic_Universe_-_Assorted_Feats_Re_Asgard

Ok now, let's get started:

Thanos

Thanos was downgraded from 5-A a while ago, however, I have proof that he will come back, at least partially:
5-A Tiering Changes:

While the power stone should stay with a varies, Thanos should get 5-A telekinesis with the Space Stone. As shown Here, Thanos threw half the moon's surface at Massively Hypersonic+ speeds. Totaling the KE, a calc of this feat would give us 4.54 Yottatons, or 5-A, as calculated by Therefir and approved by Spino. However, for the Power Stone, due to some problems in the original calc (Therefir explained them in this comment), as well as an approved recalc by Therefir, the 5-A power stone should be lowered from 5 Ninatons to 23 Yottatons.

Lifting Strength

Thanos also gets an upgrade in his Lifting Strength via TK. Therefir calculated this in terms of LS as 4.2585*10^18 Tons (Class E).

Ability Addition:

With the Soul Stone, Thanos can dispel/or Negate Illusions as explained by the Russo Brothers, The Soul Stone was used by Thanos to dispel the illusion created by Doctor Strange, it was already on the Infinity Gauntlet page, but it wasn't on Thanos's due to the move and all (Someone may have forgot it when making his profile)

Range Varying tier

The range of the Infinity Gauntlet varies depending on the stone, it ranges from Dozens of Meters (Mind Stone) to City Wide/Uncountably (Time Stone) to Planetary (Power Stone) to Interplanetary (Reality Stone) to Universal (Portals/Snapping). Due to this, I think it's best for Thanos to get a varies tier on range depending on the stone he uses, as it could be clarified the range depends on the stone

Odin/Surtur
Right before Asgard blew up, Surtur caused a shockwave which destroyed part of Asgard. This was calculated to be 31 megatons here, making this of course an upgrade in AP/Dura to Surtur. This is an upgrade to not just Surtur, but also Odin, because Odin is stronger than Surtur and defeated him.

Summary
  1. Thanos gets 5-A via telekinesis. His original 5-A feat by the power stone gets downgraded to 23 Yottatons​
  2. Thanos gets Class E lifting strength, also by Telekinesis​
  3. Thanos gets a varying tier for range​
  4. Thanos gets the ability to negate illusions via the soul stone​
  5. Odin and Surtur get upgraded from >>>9.63 MT to 31 Megatons​

Last edited:
1. & 2. Sure.

3. It may not look pretty but the profile should be specific about it and say things as they are, yes.

4. The link to the interview doesn't work.

4. For Surtur, yeah, but did Odin defeat him while he was a giant? I think having evidence of that matters a lot.

Anyway, Eficiente seems to make sense to me.

Thanos snapped using all six stones though, and that was Universal in range (same with Hulk). Wouldn't that mean that all stones have Universal range, at least when Thanos has the full gauntlet?

The rest I agree with.

Universal is only with all stones being used in conjunction. That said I agree with 1-4. On 5, are we talking about his suicide explosion or the one that burns Asgard in the trailers where Korg says at least you can rebuild it before the whole place blows up?

Thanos should get 5-A telekinesis with the Space Stone. As shown Here, Thanos threw half the moon's surface at Massively Hypersonic+ speeds. Totaling the KE, a calc of this feat would give us 4.54 Yottatons, or 5-A, as calculated by Therefir and approved by Spino.
Could you link that specific calc of Therefir.

Also, "threw half the moon's surface" is a bit of a exaggeration, he only threw several rocks of the ignited surface, but not half the surface, otherwise the entire battleground and more would be complety covered by a massive mass of meteors half-moon-surface in length.

Using the very video you linked, moon before TK - moon after TK, barely any difference.

Could you link that specific calc of Therefir.

Also, "threw half the moon's surface" is a bit of a exaggeration, he only threw several rocks of the ignited surface, but not half the surface, otherwise the entire battleground and more would be complety covered by a massive mass of meteors half-moon-surface in length.

Using the very video you linked, moon before TK - moon after TK, barely any difference.
I'll go respond hopefully later today, but here's the calc:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/MCU:_Power_and_Space_Stones

He assumes the entire feat was done via the Space Stone...

When is clear as day the destruction was done by the Power Stone, with the Space Stone only being used to do it without actually firing at it and take some chunks of the protruding surface.

That, and the wrong assumption of him throwing half the surface just makes the 5-A TK and the likely Class E argument invalid.

The TK stuff is fine, but Sutur's feat I'm weary about, especially since Cal's revision is supposed to upgrade the god tiers to tier 6. We might want to pocket this part of the revision first, least we have to edit the profiles twice. But on principle, it should be fine.

I disagree with the notion Soul Stone can be used to "negate illusions", that was a very hyper specific scenario where Strange makes multiple of himself but Thanos recognizes the one who had a soul i.e. the original Doctor Strange.

If anything it is Strange's illusion's weakness there rather than Thanos' competence.

I trust Oven's and Impress' sense of judgement and agree with them.

Okay. So what are the staff conclusions here?

My opinion is that if Cal's revision overlaps with this one we should wait for that, least we end up editing the profiles twice.

Then again, if it only affects Thanos, I wouldn't mind going through with this revision then updating the page if Cal's revision goes through in the future.

What Cal is proposing is a tad more controversial than the stuff in the OP. I'd say leave that for a separate CRT.

Everything except Illusion stuff seems accepted, but Surtur stuff seemingly would be revised further anyways by future revisions.

Okay. Thank you for the summary. The accepted parts can probably be applied then.

I have done so. Tell me here when you have finished.

I finished the changes

Should I add the tiering changes to the Infinity Gauntlet's profile since it directly ties to the upgrades for Thanos????

And finally, should I illusion negation which is the Infinity Gauntlet page (The justification is the same rejected justification)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back