• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
this thread was suggested by ant to make these small revisions

explanation for iron man’s downgrade:

Iron Man (Mark 6-7)
Iron Man’s lasers are City Level via this statement: (Stated that his lasers equate to 200 Petawatts,[3] which is roughly 47.8 Megatons of TNT), which comes from this comic: https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/The_Avengers:_Iron_Man_Mark_VII

Odin
One of his justifications for his 4-B rating is him turning a chalice into a constellation, which is from this comic: https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Thor,_The_Mighty_Avenger

Inspired Comics

In the MCU, there is a term called "Inspired comics", which are non-canon, while the "Official tie-in" comics are canon.

These comics do not appear to be considered official tie-ins since they were not included in the Omnibus.

Here Corona Pillgrim (the editor of these MCU books) talks about how "inspired" comics aren't canon:

credits to the anonymous member that provided all of this information.

Conclusion

As the scans used for these statements come from non-canon comics, Iron Man’s 200 Petawatt statement and the 7-B value for the Lasers should be removed, and be replaced with "higher with Lasers”. This would also remove Mark 8-45 Unibeam’s 6-C+ rating as it’s 1000x that of his lasers, so he should have “far higher with Unibeam” This would also remove Avenger Hulk and Pre-Awakened Thor’s 6-C+ ratings from likely scaling above Iron Man’s Unibeams which was discussed in this thread. So they should be At least Mountain level, likely higher instead.

Odin’s chalice feat should also be removed since the comic where the feat comes from is non-canon, however his 4-B rating will remain via turning Frigga into stars which is sufficient enough.

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

Last edited:
and his Mark 6-7 Small City Level ratings should also be removed.
The Small City ratings are for the Mark 8-45 keys. And why are they being removed?

This would also downgrade Mark 8-45 Unibeam’s 6-C+ rating as it’s 1000x that of his lasers.
IIRC it's Upscaling to 7-B+ (53.5 Megatons ) from the Laser (47.8 Megatons) then multiplied by 1000× from the Arc Reactor Multiplier. So now it would just get a "Far Higher" with Unibeam

The comic was just used as supporting because apparently the guy who made it was tasked to make it as close to the original or something like that

Should the lasers/unibeam on the Mark 6-7 get upscaled to Low 7-C+? The halfway point of Low 7-C is 3.4 kilotons, less than a 1.2x increase of the 2.83773 kilotons that the armors scale to.

Should the lasers/unibeam on the Mark 6-7 get upscaled to Low 7-C+? The halfway point of Low 7-C is 3.4 kilotons, less than a 1.2x increase of the 2.83773 kilotons that the armors scale to.
Probably considering the lasers and Unibeam are almost always a one-shot level above whatever armor is using them.

As a note, I'm not sure if attempting upscaling for the Mark 8-45 would work as well. The midway point of Low 7-B is 3.575 megatons, whereas those armors scale to 2.83773 megatons, which would require an increase of about 1.26x for the more powerful attacks to upscale to Low 7-B+.

Do we have any proof that changes for any of his armor ?
Only that the armor Tony used in Civil War, the one with the statement, is described as a "Limited Active Noncombatant Armor"

But looking at the context of the scan used and the previous feats of the Unibeam, it doesn't seem to have a lot of issues back scaling the multiplier.

Other than Iron Monger getting blasted by a Unibeam, but it could be chalked up as a not full power blast since the Mark 1 Arc Reactor was never meant to power up the Mark 3 Armor.

Only that the armor Tony used in Civil War, the one with the statement, is described as a "Limited Active Noncombatant Armor"
Irrelevant statement that comes from a wacky guide and unquantifiable nerf

Unless we have official statements that the multiplier changed it would be the same for all uni beams because even the x10 statement itself makes it sound like it was always x10 not just for that armor

If we assumed that the 10x unibeam multiplier were to apply to other armors that demonstrated the ability to use the unibeam:

Mark 2-4: 19.54 tons, 8-B (Iron Monger was only hit by it when the Mark 3 was powered by the Mark 1's 3 gigajoule arc reactor instead of the proper 8 gigajoule reactor)

Mark 6-7: 28.3773 kilotons, 7-C

Mark 8-45: 28.3773 megatons, 7-B

Mark 50-85: 5.6386 petatons, High 6-A (nobody is shown getting hit by it)

If we assumed that the 10x unibeam multiplier were to apply to other armors that demonstrated the ability to use the unibeam:

Mark 2-4: 19.54 tons, 8-B (Iron Monger was only hit by it when the Mark 3 was powered by the Mark 1's 3 gigajoule arc reactor instead of the proper 8 gigajoule reactor)

Mark 6-7: 28.3773 kilotons, 7-C

Mark 8-45: 28.3773 megatons, 7-B

Mark 50-85: 5.6386 petatons, High 6-A (nobody is shown getting hit by it)
The fact that Tony didn't use that shit in Infinity War or Endgame, especially after getting amped by Thor's lightning actually pisses me off.

The fact that Tony didn't use that shit in Infinity War or Endgame, especially after getting amped by Thor's lightning actually pisses me off.
From what we've seen he mostly uses it on targets that he knows he can hit it with, most of them are when they're either close range or point blank:

•Stane when he was carrying a SUV
•Watermelon thrown by party girl
•Savin when he was grappling with Tony
•Cap when he was approaching Tony
•Bucky when he was pinning Tony
•Random Thanos army fodder

He doesn't seem to use it against opponents he knows are capable of dodging.

From what we've seen he mostly uses it on targets that he knows he can hit it with, most of them are when they're either close range or point blank:

•Stane when he was carrying a SUV
•Watermelon thrown by party girl
•Savin when he was grappling with Tony
•Cap when he was approaching Tony
•Bucky when he was pinning Tony
•Random Thanos army fodder

He doesn't seem to use it against opponents he knows are capable of dodging.
He shot Thanos who was charging at them, that was the perfect opening!

Endgame when Thor was amping him, he was able to hit Thanos dead on because he was bloodlusted and charging at them.
He might decided to use Quantity and AOE (numerous lightning amped charged Repulsor beams) over Quality and Potency (one lightning amped Unibeam).

Or CIS or PIS... But blame Strange

If the 10x statement comes from a suit stated to be limited and not fit for combat, then wouldn’t it make more sense for all his stronger suits to have the same multiplier? The quote itself (“It had ten times the power of a repulsor blast, and he couldn't do it often, but this was a desperate moment”) also comes off to me as an explanation for the Unibeam in general.

Inspired Comics

In the MCU, there is a term called "Inspired comics", which are non-canon, while the "Official tie-in" comics are canon.

These comics do not appear to be considered official tie-ins since they were not included in the Omnibus.

Here Corona Pillgrim (the editor of these MCU books) talks about how "inspired" comics aren't canon:

I definitely think this is important to keep in mind moving forwards. The only (kinda obvious) advice I'd give moving forwards with this info is that the Prelude comics released after the Omnibus should be considered equally canon, given how they all operate as canon recaps before the upcoming film. Essentially what I'm saying is that something like the FFH Prelude and Black Widow Prelude shouldn't be treated as non-canon since they released after the Omnibus and function the same as the other preludes

This isn't particularly relevant to this thread, but just wanted to express my thoughts there

Inspired Comics

Am I the only one that can't see what the original tweet was about? Says it's unavailable to me. Not the response from the writer, but the comment he was responding to.

Also, for sourcing purposes, is tbe "inspired comics" thing an official term? If so, get that so we are able to make a note about it.

Am I the only one that can't see what the original tweet was about? Says it's unavailable to me. Not the response from the writer, but the comment he was responding to.
i can’t see it either, their post was likely deleted
Also, for sourcing purposes, is tbe "inspired comics" thing an official term? If so, get that so we are able to make a note about it.
i honestly don’t think there’s an official term for it, the will corona pilgrim guy that edited the mcu books just referred to the non-mcu canon comics as “inspired by”

like he talks about how comics like captain america: homecoming is “inspired”

and then he also replied to someone abt how comics that are “inspired” are not canon

Here you guys go.

Last edited:
i can’t see it either, their post was likely deleted

i honestly don’t think there’s an official term for it, the will corona pilgrim guy that edited the mcu books just referred to the non-mcu canon comics as “inspired by”
In the original thread for the BK thor comic, I found evidence of the writer stating they asked him to be as close as possible to the film, and that people that worked officially for MCU (both the movies and the official comics) were given production credits on it.

That's why we accepted it as canon. If we don't have an official term, or indication that this comic was rendered non canon, I think it should be used still.

In the original thread for the BK thor comic, I found evidence of the writer stating they asked him to be as close as possible to the film, and that people that worked officially for MCU (both the movies and the official comics) were given production credits on it.

That's why we accepted it as canon. If we don't have an official term, or indication that this comic was rendered non canon, I think it should be used still.
yea i’m fine w that too as long as like there’s nothing that makes it non canon

as for the mark vii iron-man comic i honestly have no clue abt it n like all of this is from what ant posted in the mcu discussion thread n he shared what some member had told him so idk what else to add 🥲 but anyways if its not in the omnibus, would it still be safe to consider it non-canon or??

as for the mark vii iron-man comic i honestly have no clue abt it n like all of this is from what ant posted in the mcu discussion thread n he shared what some member had told him so idk what else to add 🥲 but anyways if its not in the omnibus, would it still be safe to consider it non-canon or??
Unfortunately I don't know about that one, would have to research it better.

Here were my findings on the production credits of the Thor comic (on a comment above is also the source of BK commissioning the writer to be accurate to the character, albeit toning down the violence)

Back