• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mayuri vs Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nyukira The proof is that its a full body airtight bubble shield that can block gases like fire from getting through while also allowing the user to breathe. Now you need proof that his gas can go through forcefields.

I'd say the forcefield could stop like a liquid poison mostly fine, but if she breathes there's not really a reason for it to act as air filtration without feats of doing so.

I'll probably make a thread in a little bit, I'll link it here when I'm done.

@Weekly while ur not wrong about fiction generally hand-waving force fields that does not mean that the rules still don't vary in particular works of fiction. Fairy tail has a force field in Fairy sphere but the shield also puts everyone inside it in suspended animation, unless I'm mistaken Reinhardt's shield doesn't block melee attacks and Rocket in the Young Justice tv show has a shield that does best when it comes to kinetic based attacks but not as well with other kinds of energy. These are just some instances where the rules differ.

@David And you'd be right, although i'd like to point out there's actually a bubble forcefield in Overwatch that the characters can breathe in just fine that can block everything that isnt explicitly an attack that bypasses those forcefields, including gas-based attacks like widowmaker's poison bomb. Same with verses like Halo. And like i said before, Steven Universe has a full bubble shield that is explicitly shown to be completely airtight that he and normal humans with no powers can stay in for hours at a time while at the bottom of the ocean or in outer space. In fiction the general consensus here is that bubble shields are assumed to be airtight but allow the user to breathe unless explicitly shown otherwise.

Lets wait for Wok's thread though, we're derailing.

All these other verses are irrelevant, when has Aura been shown to stop people from being gassed? Because if it hasn't, this argument is pointless.

AnonymousBlank said:
All these other verses are irrelevant, when has Aura been shown to stop people from being gassed? Because if it hasn't, this argument is pointless.
Never ever has

it's a shield, unless it somehow stops people from Breathing it makes no sense it would

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2286204

AnonymousBlank said:
So he gets beat around a bit, brings out the baby-head caterpillar, and gasses her, enough said.
Which doesnt do anything as it cant get past her bubble shield

@Anonymous Raven's forcefield isnt made of aura, its made of magic, its a completely different forcefield from her aura and it has stopped gas attacks like fire from going through it before

@Anonymous Technically yes, Fire is a chemical reaction caused by gas reacting with oxygen in the atmosphere

Mayuri goes Bankai and eats her simple as that. His bankai was strong enough to eat ressurection Szayelaporro who is >> Shikai Renji who is > Shikai Ikkaku who tanked a Town Level+ Attack. Add in the poison plus many different drugs Mayuri has and it's game over

@Amlad She's over 3x stronger than him, he's not eating her any time soon, and its already been established that poisons and drugs wont work through her bubble shield

If Raven can breath in that bubble, the automatic assumption is that it isn't airtight. We don't need to prove it can bypass forcefields if the forcefield isn't airtight, something you need to prove.

@Anonymous No actually, the automatic assumption is fiction doesnt care about what is possible and that its simultaneously airtight and impervious to outside gaseous attacks as its already been shown to block unless explicitly shown otherwise. Yes you need to prove it can go through a forcefield that has demonstrated the ability to block gaseous attacks.

If you are gonna bring up the fire thing again, I'm just gonna point out that the fire in RWBY has been shown to be concussive so what gaseous attack has this forcefield stopped exactly?

@anonymous Fire in RWBY isnt concussive, its regular fire, aura just turns it into a blunt attack. Magic-based forcefields have protected the user as theyre flying through massive pillars of fire

Raven also causes wind to surround her as a side effect of the bubble shield so unless the gas cant be blown away by wind that would also get rid of it as a threat

@anonymous No, its the same gaseous fire. And i have no idea why youre arguing about aura when Raven's forcefields arent aura.

When the bubble shield is up yes, they are

And again, i have no idea why youre arguing about aura when Raven's forcefields arent aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back