• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Max Payne upgrade

Would Max be a Wall level 9-B tier since he can survive high falls, explosions that blew up the Branco Headquaters, being shot with high caliber bullets such as Sniper Rifles, back kicks the metal door open while it's locked, and even punch gigantic holes through walls with his firearms? What do you guys think?

His speed feats that he can also shoot incoming RPG missiles and greandes from grenade launcher without requiring to use Bullet Time.

Holy crap, he kicked a locked metal door open? I need the links.

There might also be some feats in Max Payne 1 and 2, those might be worth looking at too.

NVM, found it. However, it seems to be a wooden door with a metal grill on it.

I'm downloading the game to recheck if he survives the grenade explosions, which I'm pretty sure he does. He also takes multiple gun rounds in his missions and only uses painkillers to numb the pain, not heal from them.

Nah, there's still a lot of missions to go through, not to mention Max Payne 1 and 2 have a ton of missions themselves.

He can easily break bones with a casual stomp. He literally tore apart Victor Branco's tibia with a single kick, and even real-life humans can't do that on one go.

Could you get me the link where Max gets shot with a sniper?

I saw it, and it was an Anti-Materiel Rifle. His arm only has a small hole and didn't even explode to bits. Yup. He definitely qualifies for Wall level.

Guys, try not to upgrade from a CRT without Staffs Evaluations; It is needed to get a CRT accepted.

From the Editing Rules:

• When making sweeping or significant changes to an established and/or popular character or verse, please create a content revision thread first, so that it may be evaluated by the staff and the community at large to ensure that it falls within our guidelines.

I agree. I also pretty sure also most human video game protagonists are 9-B since they either got the door busting feats or can kill characters like a boss, miniboss, and enemies with the door busting feats.

Max Payne himself has multiple explosion feats to his name.

I also remember him managing to tear apart a metal structure with his kick and then launch himself through a protective glass barrier in a football stadium.

But the glass panel kick was him initiating a swinging kick. He didn't swing fast enough so he used his legs to force his way through.

Sorry if this isn't worth the question but, at what timestamp does Payne kick open a metal door with a back-kick?

Nah, it wasn't a metal door, it was a locked wooden door, but his kick was ultra-casual. Not like it would matter, he's got better feats.

Here

Yup. It's brutal to speak of.

I've fixed the link above. You can check it there.

Surviving a bullet that isn't in a vital area isn't a durability feat. Plenty of IRL people can survive bullets and a decent amount of bullets are rated below 9-B. Its more endurance than durability.

Destroying doors or bending metal is more legitmate 9-B atuff though. As for surviving grenades I wouldn't use it at all unless it happens in a cutscene or if he shows a consistent level of durability that suggests he can survive it.

Back