• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kung-Fu Master - Upgrades and a Revamp

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hullo! After my first week or two sorting out some university problems, I've come back with some juicy content! Starting out with what nobody really cares about: A small NES-era game series called Kung-Fu Master, of which we have only Thomas.

When I first saw the profile, I thought: "Hey, how neat! I loved playing this as a kid, and it reminds me of that rather vulgar Newgrounds series!" and, just for fun, I decided to check around to see if there were any sequels or extra info, as the profile was rather barebones, and what I discovered surprised me. Not a lot, but it did.

Turns out Kung-Fu Master has a weird publishing history when compared to normal games. Usual for its time (NES era is mindboggling), but for today's standards, it is complete madness. Different versions of the same game in different consoles have subtle differences in capabilities and characters, and there is very little continuity between series, and there is an unreleased, but mostly complete game of really dubious canonicity. Canonicity that is already questionable of even existing in this game series, but oh well.

So, I've been talking a lot but showing very little, so, lemme explain this thread.

Upgrades:
That is about it! As for a revamp, it is a tad bit too dramatic in which would amount to a clean-up. Creating a verse page, puttinf references, just very basic stuff.

I've come back with some juicy content! Starting out with what nobody really cares about
Now that's the content I love to see
Now, as for stronger characters, and the upper limits of Thomas? Well, Zapp Morgan takes multiple bomb explosions from Thomas to be defeated
It turns out, throwing dynamite around is a martial art.
and Thomas does feats such as tearing a massive box away from a rope with a few kicks, exchanges blows with a gorilla and ends up beating him, knocks down a door with someone holding it with just two kicks and takes down a massive, metal wall with just a few attacks. If we take the dubiously canon Return of the Master leaked game, Thomas can knock several boxes and moving saws away with a single strike. I could give more feats, but those are the best. As for durability, it is harder as the gameplays I could find in YouTube are typically made by people who are good at the games (unlike me), so they aren't usually hit, but Thomas could be hit with things such as missiles from rocket launchers, falling candelabra, hurled massive crates and oil barrels, and hits from people who scale far above him.
Memes aside, I'm not sure if anything here is 9-B. I could try to calc a couple of feats, but while definitely superhuman most of it could very well be 9-C.
LS: I am unsure if he would classify as Peak Human, Superhuman or Class 1, but random enemies can easily lift and throw full, wooden crates in moments, and Thomas, in all games, can forcibly overpower even a group of five or more enemies grabbing him at the same time, although that does require effort from him. He also consistently faces people who are capable of lifting and throwing large metal barrels and very big crates.
Peak human to be safe
Supersonic combat & reactions: Yeah, this is a big one. In the games, you can react to things such as rifle shots, pistol shots, missiles from rocket launchers, whip strikes and, on the lower end of feats, hurled knives, shuriken and boomerangs. If we take the dubiously canon games as canon, we can also consider him dodging arrows and to the diving attack of hawks.
I could try calcing the first one, probably lower than Supersonic if I had to assume.
Arguable Powers: Now, I'm unsure if those qualify. In the profile, he has Fire Manipulation for tanking fire damage as if it was normal. I've been told that it is wrong, so I think that should be removed.
Something of his strength would still die to Napalm so I think it should stay

Now that's the content I love to see
'tis the fate of men with good taste
It turns out, throwing dynamite around is a martial art.
Unironically, if I could, I'd just make Weapon Mastery and Martial Arts be the same thing in the wiki.
Memes aside, I'm not sure if anything here is 9-B. I could try to calc a couple of feats, but while definitely superhuman most of it could very well be 9-C.
Relly? I thought that the bomb tanking, knocking down a massive metal wall and fighting, well, gorillas would be 9-B.
Peak human to be safe
Agreed.
I could try calcing the first one, probably lower than Supersonic if I had to assume.
Yeah, fair enough. Maybe the rifle bullets can get into Supersonic, but Subsonic does seem more likely.
Something of his strength would still die to Napalm so I think it should stay
Okie dokie!

Relly? I thought that the bomb tanking, knocking down a massive metal wall and fighting, well, gorillas would be 9-B.
Bombs and wall could be, rn we have gorillas at 9-C+ and honestly they probably shouldn't have the +

Yeah, Thomas has no canon height that I'm aware of. What is infuriating is that I know that the second game HAS a manual, but it is incredibly obscure and hard to find, so eh, this is pretty much the verse has to offer.

And wow, those results are way juicier than what I expected-

So, I guess the revision is concluded, then? I don't think there is much else to tell...

i guess so yeah, you'd need the calc approved tho
cmon it is just a nes game that no one cares about grr

Jk, jk, it'll take a while for the calcs to be approved, but until then, I'll be modeling how the page should look like, then.

Thomas has no canon height
Jackie Chan may have canon height.

Also, I have suspected that with Kung-Fu Master and Spartan X 2 are NOT in the same continuity, considering that Kung-Fun Master is a story where Thomas save his girlfriend and Spartan X 2 is a story based on Wheels on Meals. They have weak connection.

Back