• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Roshi destroying the moon was not an Outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just thinking of this the other day.

Now the reason that the feat is declared an Outlier is because King Piccolo's strongest attack only destroyed a city.

However, it's been shown multiple times in Dragonball that characters can use Ki control to focus their attacks into specific points to destroy only the targets they hit and not the surrounding area (Or at least far LESS of the surrounding area than expected, the blasts still leave huge craters). This is why Vegeta's Big Bang Attack killed an (at LEAST) Planet Level Android 19 but didn't blow up the Planet. This is also how SSG Goku is able to stop his own punches from destroying the Universe. We've basically accepted that environmental destruction or "Crater Size" is kind of an unreliable method for scaling characters on this site.

So my proposal is that not only is Master Roshi destroying the moon a valid feat, but King Piccolo is ALSO Moon Level. His strongest attack only destroyed a city because he was using Ki Control to focus the blast (Piccolo wants to RULE humanity, not wipe it out. and a moon busting attack would certainly be an extinction level event (Since the meteor that killed the dinosaurs was only Country Level)

I think that this makes sense.

I mean Goku's 3-A feat isn't considered an outlier simply because he isn't destroying universes everytime he fires a kamehameha

the reason why it is an outlier is because you cannot go scale a 5-C, to 8-B in a sudden, and a 5-C one shots a high 8-C (goku's tier at the moment the moon blew up), while they actually just went to fight with each other, trading blows and stuff,

If they showed Kid Goku blowing up Mercury or something in a flashback, would Roshi's feat be accepted?

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I think that this makes sense.

I mean Goku's 3-A feat isn't considered an outlier simply because he isn't destroying universes everytime he fires a kamehameha
Actually, UI Goku makes the feat consistent.

There were arguments if it being an outlier beforehand

We already use the AoE excuse for pretty much any verse, but it has some limits. DBZ shouldn't be any exceptions.

BattleReviews said:
the reason why it is an outlier is because you cannot go scale a 5-C, to 8-B in a sudden, and a 5-C one shots a high 8-C (goku's tier at the moment the moon blew up), while they actually just went to fight with each other, trading blows and stuff,

It's likely that Roshi was holding back against Goku. Or heck, maybe Kid Goku is 5-C to. It seems outlandish but power in Dragon Ball increases exponentially. Goku was able to go from low end Planet Level to Star Level in under a week during the Namek Saga and that was BEFORE he got the SSJ power up.

i dont think it would be likely that roshi was holding back, because if he was, he could only hold back not even close to high 8-C

I was wondering why that wasn't working.

And why not? Beerus, a Low 2C entity held back to the point that an enraged Vegeta (At that point only Solar System level as this was before he achieved his God form actually looked to be hurting him.

And Goku, a Universe Buster suppressed his ki enough when fighting some thugs that

A) he wasn't obliterating them with one punch.

B) a bullet managed to graze him.

Lunacorva said:
I was wondering why that wasn't working.
And why not? Beerus, a Low 2C entity held back to the point that an enraged Vegeta (At that point only Solar System level as this was before he achieved his God form actually looked to be hurting him.

And Goku, a Universe Buster suppressed his ki enough when fighting some thugs that

A) he wasn't obliterating them with one punch.

B) a bullet managed to graze him.

that was 3-A, which is not compared with 3 whole tiers, secially 5-C VS high 8-C

Except that the gap between 4C and 2C is MUCH higher than the gap between 5-C and 8-C.

Plus, there's the second example with Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back