• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Of Magic IC (Still Recruiting)

The Elder God
As soon as our protagonists wake up, from wherever they were, they find themselves in a purely white space, in an unknown existence. In front of them appears to be. . . Q, from the Star Trek shows.

"Well hello, mortals."
"Welcome to my home. No, I am not Q. Nor am I John De Lancie."
"You may call me, The Elder One."

"I've decided to be hospitable and polite, since I've chosen you to be my new play pals for the time being."
"You are doubtlessly confused. Any questions?"
All of you feel very different than you've ever felt, but none of you can quite put a finger on how. You don't know it yet, but you are immortal. Stronger. Smarter. More powerful.

Sigma put his hand to his face while rubbing his eyes.

"Let me see, are you bored enough to create entertainment?"

A 15-foot tall, Blocky, and seemingly irritated individual simply stands up, not sparing glances at anyone else "How about telling us what you want, for a start, and why these matters would concern me." The man said, his voice thick and having a seemingly Scottish accent(Yes it's Ulthane how did you know lol)
"Yes let's get down to the nitty gritty."
"I want to have some fun. Kill each other. But no! This is not a mere death match! This is a game of war!"
"You have all the time you want in the world of Oearn to conquer the world. One of you must rid the world of the others."
"That's your task. All of you have been given the magical powers of your subconscious."
"Occasionally, I will help or hinder you, depending on my whims, and how you perform your given tasks."

"Alright, get to it. Oh, and right, you all have different options available to you to grow in power."
"You can grow the power of religion, or just amass knowledge to grow in your magical power. It's all up you!"
"Remember to not displease me, and good luck!"

Ulthane scoffed, he didn't much care for this in the first place, but it wasn't like he cared for anyone else here, so there was no rejection, or even a response, just a simple average glare that was directed at everyone and no-one

"I want to have some fun. Kill each other. But no! This is not a mere death match! This is a game of war!"
"You have all the time you want in the world of Oearn to conquer the world. One of you must rid the world of the others."
"That's your task. All of you have been given the magical powers of your subconscious."
"Occasionally, I will help or hinder you, depending on my whims, and how you perform your given tasks."

"Alright, get to it. Oh, and right, you all have different options available to you to grow in power."
"You can grow the power of religion, or just amass knowledge to grow in your magical power. It's all up you!"
Cierra's eyes narrow as she gazes upon the elder one.

"W-What is-" She's thrown off by the entire turn of events briefly before she looks on at the people around her. These people are obviously not valencian.

"What is a 'game of war' supposed to mean?"

"...Well then..." Thalia said, looking around at the area and people that surrounded her...it certainly wasn't Dregnall, in fact, it might not be an area in the world at all...either way, this was no ordinary abduction...she tried to fully grasp the situation before asking any questions of her own.

"Not to displease you?" Thalia asked, clearly offended. "Just who do you think you are?"

Cierra's eyes narrow as she gazes upon the elder one.

"W-What is-" She's thrown off by the entire turn of events briefly before she looks on at the people around her. These people are obviously not valencian.

"What is a 'game of war' supposed to mean?"
"Well, you will have to prepare because someone wants to hit your kingdom with such force that it will not leave anything related to the old administration, it is not a physical death but also a political death so to speak"

"Someone who's stronger then all of us put together, missy." Ulthane said, just moving to lean against a wall
"You would dare to underestimate me?" She said, having to look up rather high due to Ulthane's height. "I have no doubt of your strength as a man...but in a matter of warfare, I'll ensure your death first of all...and once I'm done with all of you and I've provided the elder with his fun, I'll take his seat as well..."

"You would dare to underestimate me?" She said, having to look up rather high due to Ulthane's height. "I have no doubt of your strength as a man...but in a matter of warfare, I'll ensure your death first of all...and once I'm done with all of you and I've provided the elder with his fun, I'll take his seat as well..."
"Can you stop thinking out loud?, the administrator of this would destroy you or make us unite to destroy you easily due to the numbers, plus you don't even know how powerful we are much less him." Sigma said

"Well it's time to go."
"As for who do I think I am, I know every True Name in the universe. There is no limit to my power, and I can whatever I wish, when I wish, how I wish."
Snapping his fingers, the protagonists find themselves in their respective throne rooms.

Ulthane laughed, a scathing sound "if that's yer attitude then this won't take very long." He said, just before being warped

He looked around, just as he'd thought it'd be, giant towers of stone with only the hint of wood and cloth along the walls, bearded faces carved into the walls, there was little time to lose so he moved quickly, meeting quickly with an elder about as tall as he was, with a full beard, Eideard.

"There's little time to lose, get us prepped for war, and the long game of war, there's a specific individual I'll talk to myself." Ulthane said, not how he'd normally treat an elder about ten times his age, but the order was nodded to, and Eideard set out with his staff, walking, but that wasn't much of a problem, they had quite a lot of time as Ulthane set out, leaving the main city quickly

"Well it's time to go."
"As for who do I think I am, I know every True Name in the universe. There is no limit to my power, and I can whatever I wish, when I wish, how I wish."
Snapping his fingers, the protagonists find themselves in their respective throne rooms.
Thalia's throne room was rather large...her gown from before now a luxurious, silky, green dress. She had long, gold bracelets on her arms. It bothered her that she still had that same feeling from when she was in The Elder One's realm and couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was...perhaps it was what the Elder One had mentioned before...the abilities of her subconscious. What would that even mean? A conjugation of any of her imaginations? If so, her opposition had the same and would be far more dangerous than she had realized...

Sigma looked around, while walking, through his temple in the heart of the city, he looked at the sky seeing the invisible barrier made of Solar energy that covered his entire kingdom.

"Send the watcher to scout beyond the veil, have the Terrisians keep production at maximum, look for any way to possibly improve our kingdom's defenses, magic and non-magic alike, I have to finish the eye of disharmony" he said to his bodyguard before snapping his fingers and manifesting someone.

"you know what you have to do" the person who appeared only shook his head as a sign of yes.

With that done Sigma on his way to the deepest parts of his kingdom

"How... irritating." Cierra says as she returns back to find her usual setting. A small room not quite fit to be called a "throne room". It is illuminated by candles lit by a red flame and dim light shining through the painted glass ceiling of the room. There are many religious items and symbols littered throughout room, leading one to believe that this place was actually a church of some sort which was made into a makeshift throne room haphazardly in the time of crisis.

The throne Cierra sits upon is wooden and elevated by only three short steps above the ground of the floor. On some of the edges of the wooden throne, one would be able to make out the carvings are scaled like that of a serpent. If one were to look upon some of the paintings on the walls, they would see portraits of a large red serpent. A fantastical dragon which has no legs, talons, or wings. If one were to know the history and legends of Valencia, they'd instantly recognize this creature.
"Regal!!" Cierra calls out loudly
BOOM!
Just a few seconds later the doors to the room are busted open.

"P-Princess!! You're safe!" A loud and booming voice echoes throughout the entire room as an armored old man with a distressed expression rushes over towards the throne which Cierra sits upon.

"Be at ease, Regal." Cierra says sternly, which prompts the old man to stop in his tracks and bow down to her.
"Y-Yes, my apologies m'lady... You had suddenly went missing, so we were all scrambling and worried of your whereabouts."
"It's ok, Regal, I understand." Cierra says sympathetically.

"More importantly... gather all of my generals to the strategy room in the north. It's possible we could have another war on our hands." Cierra says painfully.
"W-War!?"
Cierra nods.
"Now go!"
"Yes m'lady!"
Regal says before running out of the throne room.

2f475b88689f15fe375d614e96cf0824.png

Lord Regal of Valencia

Once she had fully adjusted to the fact that she was just snapped in and out of reality itself, she began preparing...after all, she had an advantage that not many others had...that was that she could see everything. Where all the kingdoms were located and where exactly their rulers we're. Even more so, she could spy on them in an astral form without anyone even suspecting a thing. Thalia considered herself an unstoppable force at the moment.

As much as she was prepared to begin invading another territory, she knew that she might have made herself a common enemy in the Elder One's realm...perhaps it would be best to go on the defensive...however, their lives were her's to take not the other way around. The Forgelands was her primary target at the moment considering she intended to keep her word. However, before doing anything, she wanted to verify her understanding of the terrain and know her adversary's current strategy. Thus she went to spy on the area herself in astral form.

Massive stone walls surrounded the outside, and the inside was a beautiful landscape, but it didn't take long for Thalia's Astral form to get caught by something, whipped away to the far corner of the realm, met with a massive golem's face made of stone

"WHO... GOES... THERE..." it said, standing about 500 meters in height when slumped over alone, the blue energies surrounding it's mouth definitely said it was magical in nature, but exactly in the normal way

Meanwhile, the person that Sigma manifested, let's call him Sam, was walking through the city, according to Sigma's orders, he had to conquer the distant lands and obtain the secrets beyond which no one had discovered.
Max_ingame.jpg

"Okay, this will be a long journey" He said before leaving the great barrier that protected the city, he needed to win this, at least do what he could to protect the inhabitants from these future wars.

Once she had fully adjusted to the fact that she was just snapped in and out of reality itself, she began preparing...after all, she had an advantage that not many others had...that was that she could see everything. Where all the kingdoms were located and where exactly their rulers we're. Even more so, she could spy on them in an astral form without anyone even suspecting a thing. Thalia considered herself an unstoppable force at the moment.

As much as she was prepared to begin invading another territory, she knew that she might have made herself a common enemy in the Elder One's realm...perhaps it would be best to go on the defensive...however, their lives were her's to take not the other way around. The Forgelands was her primary target at the moment considering she intended to keep her word. However, before doing anything, she wanted to verify her understanding of the terrain and know her adversary's current strategy. Thus she went to spy on the area herself in astral form.
Massive stone walls surrounded the outside, and the inside was a beautiful landscape, but it didn't take long for Thalia's Astral form to get caught by something, whipped away to the far corner of the realm, met with a massive golem's face made of stone

"WHO... GOES... THERE..." it said, standing about 500 meters in height when slumped over alone, the blue energies surrounding it's mouth definitely said it was magical in nature, but exactly in the normal way
Meanwhile, the person that Sigma manifested, let's call him Sam, was walking through the city, according to Sigma's orders, he had to conquer the distant lands and obtain the secrets beyond which no one had discovered.
Max_ingame.jpg

"Okay, this will be a long journey" He said before leaving the great barrier that protected the city, he needed to win this, at least do what he could to protect the inhabitants from these future wars.
@Thalia found out that she was discovered by both the Golem and the amusement of The Elder One. For now, he said nothing.
@sigma discovers roaming a roaming mercantile clan not long after leaving the city. The blue clothed merchants were all well armed. A few even had interesting looking chain mail shirts or even more proper armor.

(Yeah, in most RPs, I try making a chill and/or generally nice character. But for this RP, I just decided to have rap beef with everyone)

"You can see me...a greater magical defense than I anticipated..." She said, snapping her soul back into her body in Dregnall. If it was capable of seeing her, she didn't want to take the risk that it could harm her. Of course, her overconfidence gave her no doubt that she would be able to defeat the golem if she had the rest of her body, but nevertheless, she had created enemies. She needed to make sure her kingdom was defended...at least until she found an easier target...

El Ajedrecista turns their head to look around their surrounding a room made of carefully carved stone lit by torch in front of them a doorway and to the sides of the room statues made of black marble.

"You are finally back." A figure says from the doorway.

"I suppose?" El Ajedrecista says somewhat confused.

"Please come with me." The figure says walk out El Ajedrecista.

later out of the cave the room was in

"If we're going to go thru with this plan we will need a map can you provide?" El Ajedrecista asks.

@sigma discovers roaming a roaming mercantile clan not long after leaving the city. The blue clothed merchants were all well armed. A few even had interesting looking chain mail shirts or even more proper armor.
Sam approaches, he had to be careful with words to attract more people and not more enemies, he approaches the merchants
"excuse me, I can see your equipment, I am interested in buying certain items"

Ulthane approached the Golem "I need you to prepare the other constructs for defense and war, you'll find a large expansion of individuals coming." Ulthane said, no-nonsense

"GOOD... END... SLEEP..." the Golem, which was formally called "The Guardian", larger and stronger then every other construct, and their main defense against magical intrusions and sight, for they would simply be directed directly to him with very little time to see anything.

Ulthane nodded and teleported, once, twice, thrice... it was an instant, Ulthane quickly speaking to a small group of people "I want some trade routes set up, we need to stock up on food and more magical knowledge, and make sure you bring at least one Warrior and one Master Smith with you." Ulthane said, moving off to do his own preparations as the small group set off...
(How much wank is too much wank? Let's find out!)

Karn, the youngest of the makers sent, looked young, completely bald and the like, but in reality was a few centuries old, and had a rather crude axe for a weapon and some forging hammers, he was an apprentice in both arts, but even then would be considered a genius craftsman in another culture, and a very gifted fighter in others, capable of striking with such speed and precision he could cut atoms.

Yosef Bugman, a well-traveled trader, and most notably produced beer, the most famous and revered Ale in the Forgelands at that, which has some steep competition which Bugman rolls with superior flavor, speed of production, and strength of the beer, the defacto leader of this operation by default, as he was, going to be, the second oldest and by far the most traveled.

Alya, a cleric and priest who hated fighting, with healing superb enough that she has saved multiple makers from wounds as gruesome as literally being blown to smithereens, and capable of raising the dead and undead, though she was the second youngest, she was definitely bright and cheerful, at least enough to even temper Ulthane's grumpiness, though she also was quite a lot skinnier then most other makers by a pretty wide margin, so she knew other magics to defend herself and whatnot

"So, what do you think Ulthane really wants from this, Bugman?" Karn asked as he walked with the other

"Don't know, but you'll find it's fine to get out and about, pup." Bugman responded

"I've always wanted to get out, but it's just really hard to, so I'm glad this chance was given to me!" Alya said

"I'm glad you're going to enjoy this, and it seems we're already at the Warrior for the mission!" The sounds of grunts of effort were coming closer and closer, soon an armored maker, seemingly about the same age as Ulthane with a beard and a full head of hair, Ulthane's brother, Thane. Practicing his efforts on a seeming clone of himself, improving his skill with a blade such that each strike seemed like it struck all around him, each strike so impossibly precise they struck to split the lowest unit of size possible and beyond, known to be capable of fending off projectiles literally covering the entirety of the area around him just through sheer skill alone, and he was doing this spar with the same level of concentrated boredom as you or I may have when mowing the lawn. (I've RPed Ragnarok. Bullshit skill feats are my blood.)

"So Ulthane's sent you for me, I presume?" Thane said with a quick pause, his duplicate disappearing as he turned

"Yeah, we need a Warrior so we can go out and establish trade routes!" Alya said before anyone could respond

"Haha, that should be fun, though I doubt there'll be much fighting for a Warrior like me!" Thane responded

"Y-yeah... I hope so..." Alya murmured, shifting a bit to which Ulthane patted her on the shoulder comforting and moved on his own to find their last recruit...

"Unfortunately I don't think we do your majesty." The figure says.

"Then we shall steal one from our first stop but besides that may I have your name." El Ajedrecista asks the figure that lead them outside.

"Brick!" The figure says most of his body is made of stone and metal the remains of his original body is hardly visible between the replaced parts and carries a metal staff.

"Brick, please try to gather our traders who visit our neighbors, our warriors, and a cart we are going to infiltrate one of our neighbor's capital to start the singularity*." El Ajedrecista says.

"Very well El Ajedrecista." Brick says walking away.

The singularity is the ultimate goal of Schachdorf's philosophy and is not related to any actual definition of singularity. Which entails the point when the world reaches a point of endless development and prosperity this fact is known to those outside of Schachdorf with knowledge of the philosophy however what only residents of Schachdorf know is I while supposedly be obtained by El Ajedrecista leading them in conquering the world

Back