• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Chief and other Halo infantry revision project

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which profiles need to have their statistics changed, and to what?

Speed is still being discussed ATM, but every other statistics look good; Fan and Flo approved the ratings on my blog for Master Chief's profile. It would scale to Noble Six (SPARTAN-B312), The Arbiter (Thel 'Vadam), SPARTAN-III Program, and Sangheili Field Marshal. There may be a few others, but characters such as The Arbiter (Fal 'Chavamee) and Ur-Didact would scale due to being significantly stronger than Master Chief. I could handle the edits if I may; as some of those other characters don't quite have access to certain power ups and weapons that MC has. Blog for MC's revisions are here; Reppuzan I believe is busy with RL classes which is probably why he hasn't respond yet.

I have made the edits, but we could leave the thread open in case there's other things to discuss.

I do have a question though. What is up with the Ur-Didact's City level durability? If I recall correctly he fell through the slipspace portal at the end of Halo 4 before MC used the nuke. Also in that one comic he was harmed by a monitor, and his suit was peirced by a knife from MC himself. Am I missing something with the City Level durability? Was that comic PIS or nah?

Again, the weakness section seems rong:

-The fact that Chief's armor Locks after too much damage seems inconsistent since he has survived heavy damage and has never locked, its probably made by the Chief manually.

-The Shield not protecting from physical damage is hollow, doesnt make sense.

-Similar case with the Electricity one, no source to confirm.

The rest seems fine.

NOTE: Didact is rated as 9-A instead of 8-C

Hmm, that might be a possibility, about the nuke thing, but I heard who was said to be severely injured when the Havok Nuke detonated; seems more likely that he got hit if that's the sace. And I once thought it was too a while back, but actually, Chief shoved some kind of grenade up his chest; but that didn't kill Ur-Didact. I personally think it should remain the same.

Well, the armor locking if hit with enough force does sound a little to similar to the little resistance to melee attacks. But the 2 kilometer fall from Halo 3, which was calc'd at Wall level, actually causes his armor to lock up. Don't know other instances.

I explained the details about his weakness to melee attacks above, but I guess I can repeat them. I have both the game mechanic details and the scientific details for that weakness. In game, there are two bars, one for health and the other for shields. Most weapons such as bullets usually chip away the shield meter, but don't damage his health until his shield depletes first. Some attacks, especially melee attacks, straight up significantly damage his health as well as his shields. This even happens when the Spartans initially have full energy in their shielding. And they die in 3 punches, normal punches to be specific; Spartan Charge usually kills other Spartans in 1 or 2 hits, and Body Slam oneshots them. And keep in mind, the 9-A ratings technically come from Spartan Charge, meaning their normal punches would be lower, but still in the 9-A range. Now that I got the game mechanic details out of the way, I will explain the scientific details. What basically happens when Spartans get punched by other Spartans is that their suit gets pressed into their body; thus causing the titanium plating to cut their skin and break their bones. It also messes up some of the programs of their suit; kinda like kicking a computer causing the computer to glitch all over the place. So basically, it requires 9-A AP with physical blows to do this in canon, but it does show that Spartan durability is somewhat lower against blunt force trauma than they are against bullets or explosions for example.

As for the electricity based weapons, I noticed the Energy Sword was considered to be composed of electricity. Also, Spartans have demonstrated being susceptible to this, this, and they can get stunned by this. FanofRPGs and Soldier Blue might also know others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back