• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What's the reasoning for this?
I think he means this
jD4BrjA_d.webp

Specifically, "and grows closer to traveling at the speed of light by the day" which is after this part, "We have clocked him at 400 Meters per second. He has broken the sound barrier".

Put together, "We have clocked him at 400 Meters per second. He has broken the sound barrier and grows closer to traveling at the speed of light by the day"

I think he means this
jD4BrjA_d.webp

Specifically, "and grows closer to traveling at the speed of light by the day" which is after this part, "We have clocked him at 400 Meters per second. He has broken the sound barrier".

Put together, "We have clocked him at 400 Meters per second. He has broken the sound barrier and grows closer to traveling at the speed of light by the day"
Why would that grant Sub-Relativistic?

Hmm... maybe that's a possibility, but it probably needs more input. I'm neutral for now
I'm not saying it's right nor wrong, but from the context, IMO, it just seems that List is just hopeful that QS will reach SoL someday because QS keeps getting faster everyday, and after witnessing QS breaking the Sound Barrier, he fastest feat during his time being tested by Hydra.

I'm not saying it's right nor wrong, but from the context, IMO, it just seems that List is just hopeful that QS will reach SoL someday because QS keeps getting faster everyday, and after witnessing QS breaking the Sound Barrier, he fastest feat during his time being tested by Hydra.
Probably, though it seems weird why List would think QS can reach lightspeed when 400m/s is nearly 750000 times slower than light

Probably, though it seems weird why List would think QS can reach lightspeed when 400m/s is nearly 750000 times slower than light
Maybe QS's Speed growth is really big, he did say that QS kept getting faster everyday, and we don't really know how early on QS broke the Sound Barrier during his time being tested.

Plus, List did also say in AoU that "the twins aren't ready", which could mean they hadn't finished their testing, training, or both.

ik im late to this but why is spiderman only sub rela with spider-sense? where was it stated or shown that he dodges attacks from strange only via sheer spider sense and not raw speed?

ik im late to this but why is spiderman only sub rela with spider-sense? where was it stated or shown that he dodges attacks from strange only via sheer spider sense and not raw speed?
It was mostly a compromise due to Spidey being what most of the cap tiers scale to, and sub-rel doesn't make sense for a lot of them i suppose

Talked about it plenty prior as well because strange doesn't go all out against peter and I had to keep repeatedly saying my arguement and discussing the fight and why doesn't scale and what the justification was

Bruh read it I explicitly called out the fight since KLOL was still talking about it

Post in thread 'Massively Hypersonic+ MCU Upgrade' https://vsbattles.com/threads/massively-hypersonic-mcu-upgrade.135860/post-4832395
You went over the part where Spider-Sense goes off right before the Mirror Dimension bout, not the rest of the fight in which Peter is keeping up with Strange

Talked about it plenty prior as well because strange doesn't go all out against peter and I had to keep repeatedly saying my arguement and discussing the fight and why doesn't scale and what the justification was
I disagree with the notion that he's holding back after utilizing the Mirror Dimension given
  1. The utilization of the Mirror Dimension is a big deal on it's own. Provides heavy context for that part of the fight considering it took the Sorcerer Supreme before him drawing energy from the Dark Dimension to manipulate it meanwhile he's doing it by himself, should show that he's taking this pretty seriously
  2. Strange had no reason to 'hold back so as to not make Peter feel like shit' (not quoting you with this one) given he stated he was gonna leave him in the Mirror Dimension
  3. There's no indication that Strange is holding back after taking things to the Mirror Dimension. It's pretty fair to assume he was holding back before he pulled out the Mirror Dimension given how casual he was, but not after that point
Also, it was already accepted in the NWH discussion thread and CRT that he wasn't holding back his speed, that's why it was used for scaling to begin with. Dropping it now feels like cherrypicking.

Last edited:
Back