• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Scott Pilgrim Upgrades?

Quick question. Do Volume 3+ Scott and anyone who scales to him scale to Todd's speed oooooor? Because Scott did catch Todd off guard a few times, and even Crash and the Boys reacted to his psychic bass wave.

I would think so.

My main question is how we would handle Matthew Patel and Lucas Lee. Since they came before Todd and Scott had less trouble with them IIRC, wouldn't they not scale? If so, what would they be even?

Well, Matthew definitely wouldn't scale, in my opinion. The first part of their "fight" was simply Scott casually blocking all his attacks and toying with him, and the second he wanted to end the fight, he one-shot Matthew. Lucas is...a bit tougher. We know Scott gets stronger as the series goes on, as stat boosts canonically increase your actual physical abilities (i.e. Scott going from being terrified of Roxie to casually one-shotting her after levelling up high enough to gain the Power of Love), and we know volume 1 Scott is, at the absolute least, significantly superior to Matthew (so at the very least Small Building level or so), but then we have Lucas, who is between Todd and Matthew, making him very hard to gauge, since Scott's power seemed to significantly increase over that time.

Lucas knocked volume 2 Scott on his ass with one punch, and then rendered him unconscious by hurling him into a building. However, Scott had no idea they were about to fight, at the time. Despite this, he did seem reluctant to fight Lucas, and instead opted to tricking him into his own demise. Because of this, it's really hard to say exactly where Lucas stands aside from "well above Matthew but well below Todd", which is a MASSIVE gap he could be anywhere within.

After ThePerpetual's calculation was modified, it yielded Continent level AP again. Is anybody willing to update the Scott Pilgrim pages by linking to the new blog instead?

@LordXCano: Good work.

Now that the AP revision is done, should any of the speed settings of Scott and the characters who scale to it be changed in any way?

Maybe this is off-topic by this point, but I have to ask. How did people react on this site when Vegeta rushed Beerus in Battle of Gods (back when it was the canon). Did they scale them?

LordXcano said:
Didn't he say it was only 10% of his power @LoudCloud? Plus Beerus had no feats.
He did. Then we found out he was lying about that, as well, since he claimed he was using his full power against SSG Goku, but later talked with Whis about he was lying to try and draw out more power from his foes.

@LordXcano Thank you for the help.

@All Is LoudCloud correct regarding that the speed levels may have to be adjusted as well?

Antvasima said:
@LordXcano Thank you for the help.
@All Is LoudCloud correct regarding that the speed levels may have to be adjusted as well?
The comic doesn't imply an specific speed for the moon punch other than the idea that it was done very fast (hence Ramona's reaction). I guess we could scale Todd to Scott's subsonic speed at that time but that might be a lowball.

Again, the speed portrayed in the movie re-enaction of the event is not contradicted anywhere in the comic itself: in fact, if anything, the "flying to the moon in a fairly short timeframe" only further supports it. Even if you want to rule that it's secondary canon (even though it's literally the exact same feat), it would still be secondary canon not contradicted my the main canon, and therefore be perfectly viable.

ThePerpetual said:
Again, the speed portrayed in the movie re-enaction of the event is not contradicted anywhere in the comic itself: in fact, if anything, the "flying to the moon in a fairly short timeframe" only further supports it. Even if you want to rule that it's secondary canon (even though it's literally the exact same feat), it would still be secondary canon not contradicted my the main canon, and therefore be perfectly viable.
Also, Scott's subsonic feat was tagging Roxy, who moved so fast people couldn't see her, right?

If the MHS+ feat is accepted, would this just scale to everyone who is already scaled to the Subsonic feat?

Is this concluded, then? All loose ends tied up? If so, I'll close up the thread and get to updating the profiles when I'm available.

That should be fine, yes. Thank you for the help.

ThePerpetual said:
Well in the movie, the feat has a different looking moon with different measurements and everything so it's not really the same.

If this wiki uses movie adaptions to guess the speed of feats I guess it makes sense, but I always thought we tended to stay away from adaptation version of feats. For DBZ feats do we look at the time frame in the anime adaptation to determine the speed of them? Cause I thought we never did.

It seems like ThePerpetual forgot to close this thread. I will do so instead.

I've never heard of a specific rule against such a thing, I've generally just heard that values from the original source should be used if possible (which it is not in this case, as they don't exist).

As for different measurements, I could always take the timeframe from the movie and plug that in to the diameter/radius values calculated from the comic I guess? Probably won't change all that much, but ehh.

@Antvas I was in the middle of responding...

ThePerpetual said:
I've never heard of a specific rule against such a thing.
As for different measurements, I could always take the timeframe from the movie and plug that in to the diameter/radius values calculated from the comic I guess? Probably won't change all that much, but ehh.

@Antvas I was in the middle of responding...
I just find it odd considering anime feats are almost never used when there's the orginal manga.

If using the movie's cinematic time over the comic (which shows no time frame) is allowed here then sure go ahead. I'll scale the other Scott pages accordingly.

@Antvas Yeah, that's sort of what I was getting at. Were it possible to imply any kind of timeframe from the comic other than "relatively short", I'd use that instead: as it stands, I cannot. (First rule.) There's no author statements regarding the speed here, either (Seocnd rule.) Thus, I'm lef twith what is demonstrated on-screen, which is what I calculated (and will probably have to modify a bit to accomodate for the somewhat smaller crater diameter.)

Not really. It's the speed the punch impacted the moon and indented it (combat speed), not the speed he flew to it (travel): even in the movie, there's literally no way of getting a solid timeframe for his flight there because of how it's presented (we just can tell that it's flight, as opposed to teleportation.) This... might apply to travel speed as well? I doubt Ramona would sit around in one spot, in more or less the same position, for half an hour or so, and the way Todd referenced it implies it's not going to take all that long.

Back