• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Though I think it is said that Cap was holding back, as Tony Stark said he would have easily laid him out if he wanted to.

Okay, so the ammendments have been made:

So right now, according to the CRT the tiers should go like this,

Captain America (Marvel Cinematic Universe) : 9-A, 8-C with the shield (8-C dura).

Iron Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (Key III) : 8-C, 8-A at peak. (8-C Dura, he cannot scale to those he harms anymore)

Winter Soldier (Marvel Cinematic Universe) : 9-A, 8-C with Bionic Arm. (8-C Dura)

Crossbones (Marvel Cinematic Universe) : 9-B, 9-A With Gauntlets

Red Skull (Marvel Cinematic Universe) : 9-A

Black Panther (Marvel Cinematic Universe) : At least 9-A. At most 8-A with Kinetic Energy Pulse. At least 7-A with his vibranium claws.

Quicksilver (Marvel Cinematic Universe) : Variable, 9-B to 8-C

Aldrich Killian (Marvel Cinematic Universe) : 8-C

War Machine (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (Key II) : 8-C, 8-A at peak (should be comparable to Iron Man)

Whiplash (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (Key II) : Atleast 8-C

Ultron (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (Key I) : 8-C

Looks fine.

Iron Man didn't say he was holding back in strength, just that, if Cap wanted to, he could have knocked Spider-Man out. It also didn't seem like Cap was holding back in strength, had trouble, and just didn't use his array of fighting skills.

@Zark Black Panther's claws are scaled to the durability of Cap's shield, which is still Mountain level+.

ByAsura said:
Iron Man didn't say he was holding back in strength, just that, if Cap wanted to, he could have knocked Spider-Man out. It also didn't seem like Cap was holding back in strength, had trouble, and just didn't use his array of fighting skills.
Everyone was holding back in strength in Civil War. Cap wasn't going to 9-A Ultron Smash a kid who could potentially be far weaker than him, neither was Bucky. Nobody had the intent to kill the other in the Airport fight

ByAsura said:
@Zark Black Panther's claws are scaled to the durability of Cap's shield, which is still Mountain level+.
Wait, confused the shield's AP for its dura. I'll fix it

Not trying to kill Spider-Man doesn't mean he was holding back. There was still the tug of war scene where Cap clearly struggled against Spider-Man's physical strength.

ByAsura said:
Not trying to kill Spider-Man doesn't mean he was holding back. There was still the tug of war scene, etc.
Yes it does. Also, Cap hurting Spider-Man still makes his dura 9-A

Cap flung around Spider-Man in the tug of war, and Spider-Man had element of suprise on Cap multiple times. As the fight progressed Cap somewhat stomps Spider-Man

No it doesn't, he just didn't try knock out Spider-Man from what Iron Man said. They barely even sparred, a throw and air kick wouldn't do much. Plus, Cap took Spider-Man out by collapsing an airbridge onto him, not a drawn out fight.

No he didn't. Cap did a flip after clearly struggling with Spider-Man's physical strength, which forced Spider-Man into him. The "element of surprise" means literally nothing here, Spider-Man fired a second shot after Cap failed to overpower the first.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue about this further. Whether or not Cap did hold back in strength is conjecture.

I am rather neutral on the Spider-Man thing. Cap seems to be holding back as Iron Man said he would have easily finished him, though Spider-Man did match his strength in the "tug-of-war", yet you can argue Spidey had advantage of position.

What I can be certain is that Bucky isn't using 8-C power against Spider-Man, as the punch is slow compared to his showings against Cap, and he was shocked and surprised by how strong a kid is. Bucky was able to easily overpower Cap who was using both hands with his bionic arm, while Spider-Man could not overpower Cap even with both hands.

KLOL506 said:
Not sure if you can hold back your dura in MCU like DB characters do tho.
And yet Captain America, Spider-Man and Star-Lord aren't High 6-B for hurting Thanos. Inconsistent durability is a extremely common thing is fiction.

I'm personally neutral on Spidey scaling to his dura, at this point I just want results

Deathlok is supposed to be weaker than Cap, so he shouldn't be 8-C.

That was probably a mistake.

And the characters are High Hypersonic with no justification at all, despite the fact that they scale to Iron Man, Vision and other Mach 43 characters.

Zark2099 said:
KLOL506 said:
Not sure if you can hold back your dura in MCU like DB characters do tho.
And yet Captain America, Spider-Man and Star-Lord aren't High 6-B for hurting Thanos. Inconsistent durability is a extremely common thing is fiction.
I'm personally neutral on Spidey scaling to his dura, at this point I just want results
None of them drew blood from Thanos like Iron Man tho. Might as well be a matter of lifting strength where you get pushed around without doing anything. Like, with Wall level AP you should be able to easily send someone weighing at 240 pounds flying a few meters back if the 240-lb guy with comparable AP and lifting strength doesn't resist, or something like that

So basically if you catch someone on surprise, we should calculate the KE of that attack. But if you attack someone who is resisting, then you scale.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
So basically if you catch someone on surprise, we should calculate the KE of that attack. But if you attack someone who is resisting, then you scale.
Something like that, yeah.

And of course, there must be an indication of injuries, like bruising and cuts.

i think lets just keep iron man's stats instead of simply adding 8-c on him. after all, he consistently tends to fly everyday while fighting, punching and blasting. no moderator like matt has supported/approved on this downgrade yet. peak is uneccessary.

Hellbeast1 said:
Again tho that's over time (the turbine feat I mean)
there is no time needed to be involved in the feat. after pushing the rotors, he continues on accelerating further so its like man pushing a heavy pushcart of mall stuff.

If you start a car, you wouldn't immediately be at 240 kmph, right? You would likely only use 20% of that speed on a regular, with higher speeds on very rare instances. That's what the rotor feat is comparable to.

Also, is anyone in agreement with the current tiers? This has gone long enough so I think its time for answers. I have, at the very least, lost interest.

I think that Spider-Man profiles should remain as it is, so that's why they aren't listed anymore

Disagree how?

If it's about the Iron Man thing, literally everyone has pointed out that he took 50 seconds of acceralation to reach 8-A. Him being 8-C is probably the least controversial aspect of this thread lol

Blitzedaken said:
i think lets just keep iron man's stats instead of simply adding 8-c on him. after all, he consistently tends to fly everyday while fighting, punching and blasting. no moderator like matt has supported/approved on this downgrade yet. peak is uneccessary.
Would only work if he crashes into something and comes to a full stop. Similar to a car crash. You absorb the full impact if you and the car both stop dead in the tracks or get rammed into a wall and then stop.

Spino, Aguila and Anonymous Blank agreed to it in previous comments as well. Also, KLOL and Hellbeast are supportive of it, but haven't said so directly

Okay. I suppose that this is probably fine to apply then.

Back