• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Gintama AP Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So I've been seeing that the Gintama pages are not all accurate. Or more specifically outdated. So here is my attempt to fix them.

So these were my suggestions at first.

Top Tiers:

Kagura: City level (Fought on par with a Bloodlusted Kamui and managed to injure him .)

Okita Sougo( Not sure if he even has a file yet.): City level ( Matched a bloodlusted Kamui .)

Hijikata Toshiro: City level (Equal to if not stronger than Sougo.)

Kondo Isao: City level (Should be on par with Hijikata and Sougo.)

Shimura Shinpachi: At least Large Town level, possibly City level ( Aided in the fight against Kamui when his Yato Blood took over .Managed to break his arm. )

Abuto: City level, possibly higher (Was able to slightly hold off Yato Blood Consumed Kamui .)

Jirocho Doromizu: Likely City level ( Was able to defeat a bloodlusted Gintoki.)

God Tiers:

Utsuro: At least City level, likely much higher ( The absolute God Tier of the verse and is considered the strongest being in the Universe.)

Umibozu: At least City level, possibly higher (Utsuro stated that Umibozu may have been the only person who could kill him. )

Gintoki Sakata: At least City level, possibly higher ( Was able to slightly hurt Utsuro in battle and then proceeded to match him for a little bit . Is one of the strongest fighters in the series.)

Shinsuke Takasugi: At least City level. possibly higher (Matched Gintoki blow for blow. All of the Joui War main 4 members should scale to one another.)

Katsura Kotarou: At least City level (When in base. Shouldn't be far behind Gintoki and Takasugi in power.), possibly higher (When allowing himself to let loose. Should be able to match Gintoki and Takasugi.)

Sakamoto Tatsuma: At least City level ( While not as strong as his other 3 Joui allies, he should not be far behind them.)

Kouka: At least City level, possibly higher (Should scale to Umibozu.)

Kamui is a little special he also needs a new key called "Yato Blood Consumed"

Kamui
: At least City level, possibly higher (Fought and injured Gintoki in a one on one battle.) At least City level, possibly higher (Seemingly more powerful than before.)

However, as detailed below the City level feat they scale to is Environmental Destruction only. And thus we need a way to just rescale them all.

It seems that the calc that put them at City level refers to weather manipulation (which is treated as Enviromental destruction) and as always the image links on Narutoforums are broken.

I've seen the calc, i'm just saying that creating a storm via weather manipulation is Enviromental destruction not Attack Potency.

Well then we have a bigger issue. What should we rate these characters? As this makes my scaling moot.

What about that can feat he used on the Shogun?....I know it's a gag but y'know....Gintama. I doubt it's usable tho.

Issues that i've with this:

1) Although some of the shinsengumi member have shown some degree of power to fight someone like Kagura. They shouldn't 100% scale to Kagura (She easily outmaches every human in term of strength). Also Matsudaira has like 0 feats in the whole series.

2) Shimpachi helping out is kinda "eh". Just because he broke an arm doesn't mean he has the same Ap a Top Tier.

3) Kouka is by far the strongest character. Stated to be even greater than Umibouzu.

4) And about the 4 heavenly kings, while almost the 4 of them are regarded as someones quite powerful, only Gintoki and Takasugi outmach both Katsura and Sakamoto (He only fights with his Gun, nor fists or swords). They even won and loose fights like 200 ish times each.

1) Sougo and Kagura were shown to be rivals and Sougo like I showed Sougo matched the likes of Kamui for awhile.. Plus if she outmatched every human then she'd outmatch Gintoki as well. Something that is not true. Matsu I understand.

2) He doesn't have the same AP, hence why his rating is lower than others.

3) Umm Utsuro is the strongest character in the series. He even defeated Umibozu one on one

4) Actually in Kotaro's fight with that Monkey guy, when he got serious I'd say he would scale to Gin and Takasugi. Sakamoto is the weakest however. And if we go by wins. Kotaro would be equal to them. Heck Kotaro tied with the 3 of them. So Katsura would scale to them.

Yeah I'm gonna have to try and rescale as I didn't know the City level feat was from Environmental Destruction. So this may take some time. I will hold off on this until the Fairy Tail Revisions are finished then.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blo...intama-the-eos-classic-gintama-edition.34196/ I think. I wasn't the one who added City level stats so this is based off of that.
I think Gintama (serious) tiers are being massively overrated here - Going by the most consistent showings, both AP and Durability of Gintama top-tiers should be in Building (8C) to City-Block (8B) levels.

The referred calc that put Gintoki in City level happened in a gag Arc (and also is an indirect calc. for AP) so I don't think it should be counted. Moreover, the City-Block durability feat for Kondo (here ) was also from a gag Arc (Memory Loss Arc). However, the 27 kT feat (Town Level) for Umibozu should be applicable, but that is the biggest serious feat in Gintama, and other characters should be scaled accordingly.

The Leukocyte King calcs here are also iffy becaus they happen inside Tama-san (who is a self-aware robot). I had originally interpreted it as a game with yuusha being a powerful NPC. I doubt that calc should be applicable for the physical versions of the characters.

Having said that, the most impressive gag feat is also missing from all profiles. At the end of chapter 265 Tae Shimura breaks the fourth wall and KOs the author of Gintama. The effect of that action is seen in the next chapter in the form of an unstable artstyle. Should apply to Gintoki as well, actually

Well, I agree that it seems better to not scale from gags, and stick to Umibozu's Town level feat instead.

@Ant what do you think about the fourth wall break feat I mentioned ?

There is just one more gag-feat I'd like to mention : Gintoki runs to the future and back

Well, it is probably best to treat the fourth wall gag feat as an unquantifiable inconsistency in this case. Ditto for running to the future.

@Ant

Well that's disappointing (I was hoping for a solid tiering), but I guess it makes sense. Gintama is too inconsistent with gag feats

It really is considering it is technically a gag series as well. Thus it is hard to gauge a tier.

Okay so I will bump this so that we can decide on how to scale these guys.

@Dragonmasterxyz I think that we already decided how to scale them.

So Town level based on Umibozu? Okay then I can perform changes later then.

ok I really hate to bump an old thread But since the revisions haven't happened yet and I feel like I have something new to add 2 Things 1. The weather manipulation was via Giant magic dragon beams no I'm not kidding and Gintoki overpowered A stronger beam So I don't know if they still get downgraded or not But I'd just thought I'd say that

And 2. "The referred calc that put Gintoki in City level happened in a gag Arc (and also is an indirect calc. for AP) so I don't think it should be counted." It happening in a Gag arc shouldn't matter What should matter is wether or not It's a Gag feat.

Plus >Indirect AP calc Not really when if you read the calc it says Gintoki overpowered a Stronger beam of magic so it would scale directly. That is assuming Them manipulating the weather with magical beams of energy Does scale to Ap

"Moreover, the City-Block durability feat for Kondo (here ) was also from a gag Arc (Memory Loss Arc)."

But the feat was a Seirous Feat It happening in a gag Arc Should have Litterally No affect on it Because it wasn't a Gag feat.

"The Leukocyte King calcs here are also iffy becaus they happen inside Tama-san (who is a self-aware robot). I had originally interpreted it as a game with yuusha being a powerful NPC. I doubt that calc should be applicable for the physical versions of the characters." It was the physical versions of the characters They where just shrank down Inside tama trying to kill an Actual virus affecting her.

Quick 2 side questions I have 1 why isn't Nizo supersonic + he was calced at Mach 3.5 here https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/feel-the-lols-3-gintama-the-umibozou.34089/ (3rd Calc down) 2. Why is BOS Gintoki scaled to kondo when he survived the same canon blowing up in his face

Also question Why would you need to scale everyone to just Umibozu When Gintoki also has a town level feat of his own

Ie back handing a town level beam away and even countring second one https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-blog-entry/you-shall-pray-for-the-silver-balls-gintama.34058/

It's a Around 3-4 times Lower then umibozus but I'd just thought I'd mention it since it helps with the town level consistency if the city level stuff Is decided not to scale despite it being a spell which Gintoki overpowers (note:: I mean wether it's decided to just not scale in general or wether it's decided to be an outlier)

Was it agreed in this thread that we should perform the intitially suggested revisions, or were they rejected?

@Ant Basically The orignal calc that was city level and what this revision is based on was called into question As weather manipulation So I think it was agreed they would be downgraded all to town level However As I pointed out the weather manipulation was done via a spell And later on IIRC Gintoki overpowered a far stronger version of that spell while slightly amped

So I have no clue

Okay. Perhaps I should close this thread due to lack of activity then?

If we are going to mix gag feats and serious feats, we might as well go through with it and get rid of the "with gag abilities" key for Gintoki. I mean, the weather reporter arc is a straight up gag arc - in fact, the earlier part of Gintoki's final fight in that arc involved him losing his testicles and breakdancing while his balls fly around him .... If you want to infer serious feats to scale Gintoki from that fight - It's your prerogative. I personally do not agree to use them to scale GIntoki and other characters, but they are all legit calced feats

Well, I would personally prefer if we avoid scaling from the gag feats.

Can someone link me Umibozu's feat? That way I can properly adjust files to what we agreed with.

@Roygundam

I'm gonna say Again It happening in a gag arc Doesn't automaticlly make it a gag Feat Context is important.

Also Just having Some comedy elements Doesn't make it a Gag feat.

Should we dismiss Gintokis 7 Kiloton Feat Because he was Dressed like a penguin?

Should we dismiss the 1.8 Kiloton Durability feat that Shinpachi and Kagura have because the ship that blew up In there face Was destroyed By Gintoki Sticking His Junk In the ships engine?

Also I misremembered He blocked ome of the strongest magical blasts from The final villain of the Weather arc not a stronger version of the Weather Magic But considering at that point the dudes Magic >>>>>>>>>>> his magic before It could possibly scale?

Also because I'm the only person who seems to care about the feats context and not if it happened in a a gag arc does This Look like a gag feat to Anybody else? Because it really doesn't for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back