• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Gintama AP Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
That is not a gag feat.
Yeah Hence Why I think Gintoki deflecting that beam should count as well as examining the feats As they are and not if they happened in a gag arc

Thought right now I'm just wondering If since the Dude Gintoki deflected magic is stronger right then if it could scale to the Magic he used before to change the weather

I.E. Could this possibly keep Gintoki and the top tiers at city level

@Jesterofgames

You do have a good point in that just because a feat happens in a gag-infested story, this does not automatically make it illegitimate.

Can somebody remind me about which feat that causes us uncertainty regarding whether we should count it or not?

https://www.narutoforums.org/xfa-bl...intama-the-eos-classic-gintama-edition.34196/

It was the third calc down Where 2 clans fight for control over the weather of a city with magic And the Big final Villain of the arc who's name I can't spell even formed a giant thunderstorm.

That's the calc.

I should Note That Gintoki while being only Slightly amped by one person Deflected the blast.

And earlier on It blasted a simaler magical beam into the air And we are later told That the rain around the city got worst while we arnt given a time frame aside from "this morning" And are never directly told its more then likely the magical blast Worsened the rain storm.

However it took Both Of the clans Fighting over the weather to overpower said Demon So I don't know.

Side note: I've noticed most Gintama calcs End around chapter 300 with a few calcs based on one arc that happens in chapter 350+

Well, that seems like a reliable feat to me. As long as the calculation has been accepted by the OBD, I think that it can be used.

GIntama turns rather serious in the later chapters so they don't have as many feats. There is also the issue of inconsistent scaling - town level and city level people (by power-scaling) getting hurt by bullets, falling logs and rocks for example

Well, we tend to go by the higher feats, as long as they are not complete outliers.

@Roygundam

It's seirous when ever it wants to be and can have huge feats in its Seirous arc is as well

I mean Just look at the benizakura arc (Large building-city block level) Or Umibozu arc (the birth of town level Gintama)

Also "Getting hurt by bullets, falling logs, and rocks"

And yet they consistently shrug off explosions, And beatings From Yato mainly Kamui and Housen (even Kagura the weakest in her family at the time Can casually bat away full force canon balls, cars, and destroy Bridges with a single kick, and Housen is The Strongest Yato or tied with Umibozu) Heck Gintoki was slammed into a solid cliff By Kamui a top tier of the verse And looked more hurt from kamuis attack then getting hit into the cliff and Later Shattered kamuis Umbrela why is that impressive? Because Yato umbrella are constantly used in there attacks Heck Kamui broke off a part huge Steal pipe/bridge thing with a causal attack from his umbrella, and Umibozu's umbrella survived that town busting beam.

and there are 3 Sepreate town level feats (Gintoki batting away a town level beam, umibozus tanking of another beam, and While it was small town level Gintoki, shinpachin, and Kagura tanking the huge small town level explosion) And 1 possible town level feat (vaporizing part of the Maou castle) though I think the MCB version is more reliable And IIRC 2 city level feats though one might have been updated to Island level so that might be an outlier and 1 already covered

Though the high end of the second one is also Island level

Not to mention the Countless Large building level to MCB level feats

plus there are quite a few instances of Verses getting threatens by bullets or rocks or logs or falling down cliffs

It's usually Because of plot induced stupidity.

Also Side note: it does get more feats like Hijikata pulled his arm entirely back and thrusted it forward to stab a bullet that bearly even moved granted this is a speed feat But you never specified which types of feats And a few more speed feats And that's just from what I've read Plus some none intresting looking feats could get high results.

@Jester

You are right in saying that Gintama often randomly flips between gag and seriousness, but most of the Top Tiers (Gintoki, Kamui, Katsura etc.) are consistently in the Multi-City-Block to Small Town level. They do smack around large boulders, cut metal tanks and destroy several buildings at once (Gintoki vs Batou) but I think the City level stats are a bit absurd. It is highly unlikely that the author intended his characters to be in nuclear range (except for gag feats - which are very impressive : like beating up the author of the manga or moving faster than time)

Well to be fair, we don't count authors intent. It depends on the feats, not what the author wants.

@royGundam Pretty sure just town level is more consistent then Small town level

Also if we took authors intent then the verse probably wouldn't be Hypersonic (even though I question the Mach 15 calc But that's because I don't know how they got every value I found a feat that's more then likely higher anyway just can't calculate it.) Considering Them cutting bullets usually happens during dramatic moments and Catches a few people by surprise. Despite the fact that hypersonic characters should be able to Casualy dodge Or block Gun fire.

@Jester

I do think that the writer intended his characters to be hypersonic. There's too much bullet cutting, stabbing and dodging for it to be otherwise. At any rate, it only holds for the top tiers of the verse - Gintoki, Katsura, Okita, Hijikata, Kamui and so on. I think Okita has the most bullet-timing feats and he is one of the weaker members of Gintama Top tiers

@Roygundam Actually Fodder characters Like A random nameless amanto And debatably Itou (though he's more mid to low tier) From the Shisangumi arc where Hijikata has that cursed blade that makes him an otaku, Both have hypersonic feats (granted these are from blitzing people but still).

That's also not counting Speedsters in the verse Who also have hypersonic feats, and I didn't count them cause there speedsters

And Heck even pre benezakura Nizo has a Supersonic+ Feat.

So it's not really Just top tiers who would be hypersonic.

So, what are the specific conclusions here regarding how the character statistics should be adjusted?

i kinda don't agree with city level or town level AP for the characters,because they never destroyed cities or towns,even though gintama is my favorite anime ever,its still hard to believe

Well some things for that.

1) Attack Potency and Destructive Capacity are two different things. Being City level =/= You can bust a city.

2) Hard to Believe is kind of a fallacious arguement.

This is an old thread. It is probably best if I close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back