• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Blaz Blue Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
This was on a bigger Hiatus then the Devil May Cry revisions.

So many of you are very aware of this but for those who are unaware, Everlasting was originally going to tackle this before he left, and since he has I secretly took up the reigns and replayed all the Blaz Blue games which....Goddamm did I have fun doing that.

So anyway, a brief blog on the matter is here. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:The_Everlasting/BlazBlue_Analysis?comments_page=1

As for what's to be said.

Why 5A isn't a thing

1. 5A is an outlier among the heavens, not only is it non-canon to the story, it's performed by a joke character (Makoto) that is a Low tier within the verse that got one shotted by Terumi accidentally

2. Hades Izanami, the absolute God tier of the verse, literally stated to struggle performing a Low 5B feat of atomizing the earth moon system (calced at 7 Zettatons)

3. This would literally scale to every character in the series, completely shattering the already inconsistent scaling chain

Who scales to what?

Due to the extent of the feat and how far it is into Low 5B, none of the characters will be back scaled to 5C.

As for who this scales to.

God Tiers of the verse

Yüki Terumi, Ragna the Bloodedge, Hades Izanami, Rachel Alucard, Hazama, Hakume, The Black Beast, Jubei and the rest of the 6 heros

Basically, anyone directly involved within the story scales to Low 5B

Those who don't however, will be scaled to 6B from this

Basically, any characters that are directly involved such as some of the side characters, will be scaled to this https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U..._Take-Mikazuchi_fires_a_laser?comments_page=1

While Low Tiers are scaled to 7C from Iron Tager's feat

Abilities Revision

So now to the juicy bits.

There's quite a bit missing on certain profiles that I feel will actually make said characters compensate for the AP lost.

First off, Yuki Terumi's connection and use of Susanoo actually grants him access to the Susanoo's abilities, meaning he can use abilities from Hakumen such as the Time Killer attack.

Speaking of Hakumen, he needs Paralysis Inducement, as Hakumen's aura paralyzed people by looking at him, this is actually fairly potent as it worked on Ragna during his story in the first game.

Thirdly, Kokonoe should get Causality Manipulation due to her interactions with the boundary, as explained in the blog

TLDR: Low 5B for the top and High tiers, 6B for Mid Tiers, 7C for Low Tiers

OHHHHHHH YEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Gar, I think this is your first actual wallu of texto style revision. Good job buddy.

Kinda awkward motionless gif there for some reason but I completely agree and props to Gargoyle for continuing this in Ever's absence

What is to become of the tier 2s?

They stay

Unless I obviously missed something

Also, I need to double check where the speed comes from

Reading through all of it, this seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Good work on this, btw. Can't think of much else to say, except that I'm glad to see yet another person willing to downgrade a verse they like for the sake of accurate statistics.

Actual copy exists in the story

As for the calc, well add that the list of things

Yeah, when someone's willing to downgrade a verse they like for the sake of accurate statistics, then it's a good sign. Same with upgrading a verse they dislike for the same reason. Though, it really depends what people say when they say "Accurate Statistics", but not gonna talk about those kind of things. This still looks very good.

Ragna: Power Nullification - Used the formula called Cancellatio (ÞºúÚÖñ) to remove the formula in WVICO in order to get to the kiln. Ever must forget about this. Localization called it unlocking but in Japanese text, it's translated to Cancellation.

Ragna, Rachel, Izanami, Naoto, Makoto: Unknown Resistance - They have a Drive or in Hades' case, the drive itself. The drive is the evidence for one's strong soul, and the strong soul grants you protection against the Boundary. Jubei described falling into the boundary as something like taking away one's past and future. I don't know what kind of Res it is. Maybe Info manip because of how boundary works.

Jin, Jubei, Hakumen, Noel, Carl, Trinity, Hazama, Bang, Nine: Resistance to Empathic Manipulation - Arch-enemies unburden their owners of "needless" emotions and enhance others; this has a profound effect, for example eliminating fear, but owners may also find themselves losing their compassion, remorse, etc. You can see the effect in CT Noel, and I think every single one of them knows how to smile.

Rachel, Noel: Resistance to Fate Manipulation: Chronophantasmas don't have the future that their future have. They have no fate in them.

Another abilities I found. Ragna also shown to be resistant to poison in Variable Heart.

Also Low 5-B is only for Central Fiction version of Ragna, Susano'o, Izanami, etc. 6-B is for Chronophantasma and end of Continuum Shift characters. Post Idea-Engine Ragna, Terumi, Kagura, Restricted Azrael, etc.

Imma be honest

I dislike 5A in general due to how few characters are actually in that tier

Low 5B is a bit better at least

This is amazing. I who was talking to Ever about this beforehand of course agree. Great job picking up where he left off Gar!

Anime-thumbs-up-gif-7

God tier of the verse, Amaterasu, Takamagahara, etc are kinda weird to be Low 5-B. I believe we need to turn it to Unknown but eh, what do you guys think?

I did a quick recalc changing the distance from 500 km to 100 km, I got 868.882 tons, which is 8-A+

@Gargoyle, I can name a lot of 5-A characters out there, the problem is just the fact that it's a big tier where a lot of characters in that tier aren't necessarily equal to each other.

BLAZBLUE CHRONOPHANTASMA Kokonoe Astral Finish-0
BLAZBLUE CHRONOPHANTASMA Kokonoe Astral Finish-0

How do you respond to this? It shows that it's consistent for mid tiers to be planet level

HomestuckLover1 said:
Kokonoe's Astral Finish is also 5-A range though, making it consistent.
Kokonoe is a Mid Tier in the verse and a non canon 5A finisher is moot when Hades Izanami struggles for Low 5B

Gargoyle One said:
HomestuckLover1 said:
Kokonoe's Astral Finish is also 5-A range though, making it consistent.
Kokonoe is a Mid Tier in the verse and a non canon 5A finisher is moot when Hades Izanami struggles for Low 5B
Hades has one low end feat so it has to bring everyone else down? This makes no sense to me. It's like saying that because a star level Bowser has trouble tossing a castle sized cannonball, that suddenly none of the star level feats count

You say "Low End" and that's not what I'm talking about

I'm talking about how it is non canon, and completely contradicted by someone Kokonoe is a fodder too performing a lower end feat

Also Bowser not tossing a castle when he has numerous feats above that is the outlier

I really don't see why everyone scaled to Kokonoe. She's a Mid-tier, possibly High-tier. Also I believe Calamity Trigger High-tier like CT Jin, Ragna, etc should Low 6-B, possibly 6-B, not 6-B altogether. Scaling from Mai and Platinum in Variable Heart which takes place just after Ikaruga War. With both of them in the Kiln, they have the ability to create Takemigatsuchi so they should have one half of the power. In a bad ending Ragna turned into Black Beast but we don't know if it's as powerful as OG Black Beast unlike Mai's Takemigatsuchi.

Last I checked, Astral's aren't even canon to begin with unless shown in story like Black Onslaught.

Okay I do have a quick questions. Wouldn't Makoto,and Mai scale to Kagura who seems to fit into the 6B part of the cast? As well should we put the master unit's durability to 6B since Take-Mikazuchi was apparently going to destroy it before Rachel shopped it?

Gargoyle One said:
Takamagahara is Low 2C
Except the possibilities might be totally existed because XBlaze and Bloodedge Experience is a thing? I mean, Es looks like she's after the Code Embryo storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back