• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Blaz Blue Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any updated notes on anything for Chronophantasma and Central Fiction, cause I believe Ever stopped at Continuum Shift in regards to his BB blog

The calculation for Izanami's feat is in fact in the blog luckily. We have everything else I believe.

There are hax things that need to be revised, however that can be sorted out later.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The calculation for Izanami's feat is in fact in the blog luckily. We have everything else I believe.
There are hax things that need to be revised, however that can be sorted out later.
What in particular do you mean in regards to hax?

Things like Conceptual Soul Damage and expanding on Phenomena Intervention. Things like that.

Didn't Ever already go over Conceptual Soul Damage? Since they did bring up in the Ragna vs Hyde thread that Phenomena Intervention could not undo the soul damage Ragna inflicts.

which looks to be the reasoning behind it being labaled as conceptual damage.

Also I was looking through remix hearts for feats,and abilities. It looks like Noel, Makoto, and Tsubaki are able to make barriers early into there first year at the Nol's training academy. So that might make creating barriers an early skill for Ars Magus users.

I already disagreed about Black Beast being Low 5-B. But if we cut the key to different parts each game and power-up, I can agree on that.

This seems fine to me as well. Thank you for the help.

I'll make it when I finish Monster Hunter. Also I'm reviewing why they are scaled. It's.... Pretty bad so far. I'll put large text surrounding it. Wait.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
Azrael restricted should be 6-B. Unrestricted should be At least 6-B+, possibly Low 5-B.
If restricted Azrael is 6-B, he is probably the strongest 6-B in the series. No one has been able to take him on and win by themselves (Kagura won against him twice due to outside interference with Kokonoe in CP and Jin using his Astral on him in CF).

Wouldn't true azure Ragna be above the master unit he created a timeline where the master units reality warping couldn't affect it and I do remember the game saying that the true azure is above the master unit

Yeah, Ragna by the end overrided the Master Unit when he created the timeline to prevent it from enterfering.

Now that I can copy and paste, don't ask why, here is my opinion.

Low 6-B/6-B Criticism
Okay, first of all, who tanked Takemigatsuchi's beam anyway? No one did. Even if we count Rachel, she did it with Tsukuyomi Unit, that doesn't count. Mu-12 only survived by cocoon, and even then she get damaged. Not just that cocoon is non-combat applicable and not scale to herself, she doesn't have it in the first place. It won't count either. Why would it be the potential feat to be scaled if no one can or have reason to be scaled by that shot? No one actually killed Takemigatsuchi in his weakened state. Or fought him. Nu-13 only interacted with him once he's freed. And she didn't even fought him.

I suggested Low 6-B because of the plot of Variable Heart, when they had an ability to smelt Takemigatsuchi out of them, so they should have half of power, which is 5.6 Teratons, then scale to Mid-tier. The problem is, we treat Takemigatsuchi for some reason, to be Low 5-B even if I disagreed. Mai and Platinum feat is now not the same, they're now half of Izanami's 7 zettaton feat, which make them 3.5 Zettatons. Mid-tier become Low 5-B. It's insane. If we scale this way, Mid-tier now merge to High-tier, it doesn't even need to be called Mid-tier anymore. Another route is scale it by Nine, but Nine is High-tier so there's that. I see no other way to scale it to any Mid-tier ever.

Low 5-B Black Beast and Takemigatsuchi is a bad idea
Someone might suggest that Low 5-B Mai should be a thing, which isn't totally should, this will turn Calamity Trigger Ragna comparable to Post-Idea Engine Ragna, almost comparable to Chronophantasma Ragna, etc. This also undermine the idea to not scale every character to one feat, that's why Matthew did that one thread about it anyway. This also makes several plot holes and assumption as well. Like how was the Takemigatsuchi's blast threat to all of them if they can totally tank it, how was Mu-12 without cocoon killed by Takemigatsuchi's blast if she's Low 5-B in Ibukido and Full-powered Azrael and 100% will be stronger than Susano'o and Izanami by multipliers. Which is pretty consistent btw. You know, all of this.

Now, it's impossible for Takemigatsuchi to not scale to Black Beast. At the end of 2107, when the Beast returned, Seven and Eight called Takemikazuchi on the battlefield, and managed to take some power from Celica, enough to make just one shot that made the Beast to escape from there. They have history and they have feats to back it up. Not to mention Takemigatsuchi is specifically made to take down Black Beast. Also yeah, that statement means Takemigatsuchi barely had magic element.

Black Beast to Izanami however, was never shown. Black Beast never fought Izanami, at least I can't recall it. Also can we talk about scaling we have to make when we make it Low 5-B aside from Takemigatsuchi problem? Calamity Trigger Ragna, aside from scaling from Variable Heart Mai, will scale to 20% Hakumen, who scales to Terumi, who fought against Black Beast, who fought 100% Hakumen? And comparable to him? Low 5-B Ragna at very start? Full 7 zettaton at that? Hakumen thing also doesn't make sense. The fight is decisive so Black Beast being 6-B while Hakumen and possibly Jubei being Low 5-B makes some sense. This also doesn't create some really confusing scaling. Again, it was never shown, only said. It can totally be hyperbole if not outlier.

Solutio
The best I can think and approve is Black Beast being 6-B, not Low 5-B. It will create the scaling some cohesion. This will also make 6-B feat scalable. Basically creating a Mid-tier possible. Six Heroes besides Hakumen and Terumi will be At least 6-B, possibly Low 5-B. Terumi will get a power escalation. Central Fiction Terumi is superior to his Continuum Shift self after all, he fought Ragna at the Blue who can hold off Susano'o while he got ****** by Post-Idea Engine Ragna at Continuum Shift.

Second option which is lot more extreme, basically ignoring the Mai feat as outlier and dropping everyone who doesn't scale to Low 5-B to 7-C. Yes, it includes Restricted Azrael, Kagura and Hazama. It's downplay but at the same time, it's a safe bet.

The third option is accept Low 5-B Mai. I told you guys why it ain't an option. It will be a mess.

We don't all agreed on who scales to what yet. I already debunked Low 5-B Black Beast so it affects a lot of people.

Terumi's plan at the end of central fiction was to get people to fear him where he could surpass the black beast in power and in one of the blazblue novels we do see hakumen and the black beast fight as equals nine even said that hakumen is the only one who could really go toe to toe with the black beast

That's one of the reasons why Terumi will get multiple keys. Again, Black Beast being Low 5-B creates scaling fuckfest. He went toe-to-toe but it was ultimately decisive. Hell, Black Beast wasn't even Full-powered since Ragna destroyed the mind, leaving Hakumen to destroy the body. Nine's statement just only removes possibly Low 5-B to the rest of six Heroes.

Just finished the part of the novel this was the first against the black beast so the heart was still intact hakumen was going toe to toe but was eventually overwhelmed so the rest of the six hero's had to jump in

Terumi admits that the beast is stronger then him even with the susano unit

Ragna needed Jin's help to get him out of the susano unit he didn't do it by himself

Black Beast scaling to Low 5-B makes everything nonsensical. At best that will lower 100% Hakumen, also why is 100% Hakumen Low 5-B anyway? Defeating Black Beast? That's 6-B.

Again, Central Fiction Terumi gets his own key so it won't affect Phase Shift guys at all. Ragna was able to keep up with Susano'o. Defeated no. Scalable yes.

How about I just ask Ever seeing as he was the one who decided most of this? Because, now we have another mess that I feel like we are overthinking..

In Act 2? So does everyone else ever. That won't count or everyone is Low 5-B.
We have a statement from Rachel saying hakumen at full strength would have a hard time fighting her izanmi at her best is low 5-B

In Act 2? So does everyone else ever. That won't count or everyone is Low 5-B.
We have a statement from Rachel saying hakumen at full strength would have a hard time fighting her izanmi at her best is low 5-B

You can ask Ever about it if you wish, yes.

And when did she said that? I've never heard of it. Also btw, I think Ragna handled Izanami better than Hakumen. He stabbed her and all

Dragonmasterxyz said:
How about I just ask Ever seeing as he was the one who decided most of this? Because, now we have another mess that I feel like we are overthinking..
Ever is kinda gone isn't he?

I can just ask him on Discord. That's where we talk seeing as he isn't gonna be on site for like another month or so.

Okay. You can copy the relevant parts of what he says and paste it here, if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back