• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

Did the author forget that the Darkness spell erases things? Since Margarette survived.

And if someone speaks "Darkness is different from Dark". So... did the author forget that IZ has Dark's magic that erases things?

----------------------
Also, normal time stop affected everyone

1 - Those who are present are only Wahlberg level or Top Tier sorcerers when they have summons and etc.

2 - IZ's time stop has one more layer.

3 - The author forgot the statement he made a few chapters ago that high level sorcerers resist the stop of time

Did the author forget that the Darkness spell erases things? Since Margarette survived.
Mash was also hit and wasn't erased
And if someone speaks "Darkness is different from Dark". So... did the author forget that IZ has Dark's magic that erases things?
I mean when IZ nuked the city, there was steam meaning it didn't erase, rather vaporize the area.
----------------------
Also, normal time stop affected everyone

1 - Those who are present are only Wahlberg level or Top Tier sorcerers when they have summons and etc.

2 - IZ's time stop has one more layer.

3 - The author forgot the statement he made a few chapters ago that high level sorcerers resist the stop of time
Ooooor IZ has become so powerful that weakness has been nulled

Yo
IMG_6532.jpg
IMG_6533.jpg

Now I will be honest: Zero vs Mash was the worst fight of the series.

The lack of creativity is immense, especially for a character with as many powers as Zero. The battle doesn't felt real and sounded more like something completely artificial, at no point do you really go into the thing and say "Well, it is indeed a fair battle," because Hajime's fuckery is clearly limiting Zero's abilities

It's not a matter of powerscaling here, I don't really care about that aspect, but the battle itself was a disappointment. Fights like against Doom or even Abyss were cooler and more exciting since both were clearly not being limited during the fight just to make the plot work

Imo, Hajime accidentally created a villain so powerful that he didn't know how to make a character who only uses muscles win, and therefore made a fight so limited

The lack of creativity is immense, especially for a character with as many powers as Zero. The battle doesn't felt real and sounded more like something completely artificial, at no point do you really go into the thing and say "Well, it is indeed a fair battle," because Hajime's fuckery is clearly limiting Zero's abilities

It's not a matter of powerscaling here, I don't really care about that aspect, but the battle itself was a disappointment. Fights like against Doom or even Abyss were cooler and more exciting since both were clearly not being limited during the fight just to make the plot work

Imo, Hajime accidentally created a villain so powerful that he didn't know how to make a character who only uses muscles win, and therefore made a fight so limited
I actually think the opposite, this is one of the best fights. It may not be the best at an action standpoint, but the pure emotions here are the best from the series.

Literally IZ not using seconds, invocations and thirds for 99% of the fight.

Now that he invoked. And of course, the forgotten powers because yes like the passive shield of time.

I don't care for powerscaling in the manga itself. So I don't mind big AP feats or speed.
What I would like most is how the author would use his imagination and creativity for Mash to beat IZ. I even said that I would like Mash to be helped during the fight and not win alone (how is it kind of happening?)

But this thing about leaving IZ so strong and forgetting to use powers is being pretty horrible.
I am still wonder why Innocent Zero not using any single space magic that he steal when he fight mash
Mash has passive plot manipulation that destabilizes and limits IZ's powers.

Mash is confirmed. like a creature of Chaos?

I actually think the opposite, this is one of the best fights. It may not be the best at an action standpoint, but the pure emotions here are the best from the series.
The only real emotion I felt in the fight was when IZ hit his head on the rock and "Died", I laughed my ass off.

Otherwise, nothing.

I am still wonder why Innocent Zero not using any single space magic that he steal when he fight mash
Seriously now.

There's a lot IZ has that he's not using.

Time Magic - He uses.

Darkness Magic - Used, but now it's just "ki blast" since it's not erasing things from existence anymore. Or now everything and everyone has resistance to it. So almost useless.

Space Magic - I never saw her again, she went into space.

Wands of the Beginnings - Never appeared again, nor does it seem to exist anymore.

Seconds, summons and thirds - Only used now, after several chapters and transformations.

I loved everyone coming together, it shows the impact Mash has had on everyone, a nice way to tie all of that together
I thought that was cool, mainly because IZ couldn't resist some hax because "yes". Like that guy who gets hurt and hurts IZ. In addition to Abel being able to use his magic on him.

In an emotional aspect, I liked it. I think Mash does a little too well on some characters in this regard.

Not everyone, I just hated what they did to Domina. His first kill was pretty quick and anti-climactic. A few frames later and everything was resolved, there was no time for thinking or grief. Bringing him back to just get beaten up was even worse.

Yo
IMG_6532.jpg
IMG_6533.jpg
so i did the typical scaling to earth's diameter by fitting a circle around it, getting the schwarzschild radius of the black hole, then doing the other standard math and it ended up being around 2.27 Quettatons, High 5-A.

makes sense since he said he was gonna destroy the planet

i can put it in a blog if need be but this was just rough math

so i did the typical scaling to earth's diameter by fitting a circle around it, getting the schwarzschild radius of the black hole, then doing the other standard math and it ended up being around 2.27 Quettatons, High 5-A.

makes sense since he said he was gonna destroy the planet

i can put it in a blog if need be but this was just rough math
I'm pretty sure it's not a black hole.

It's not called that.

It doesn't suck anything around.

And neither does it come from a real source or phenomenon or one that mimics something like a black hole.

Weakned Zero with Summons = 5-B durability > Weakned Zero
Do we accept that seconds, summons and thirds increase the user's durability? Since when?

And if you're talking about him "surviving", I understand, but why separate him weakened with summons and without summons if he would have the same durability?

If the next chapter was the final end of the fight. I will be very disappointed.

Mash's final fight would start at 153 and end at 159. About 7 chapters. It may seem like a lot, but really in terms of "fight", there really wasn't much. Most of the time it was IZ doing "ki blasts" with sometimes using time magic (I won't even consider Darkness magic because it was downgraded to generic energy blast instead of legal EE) and Mash dodging and landing 4 punches on IZ ( If this punch now is the final one).

On an emotional level, some moments were nice, especially that final part.

But I'm sorry, but I expect 2 things from Mashle, cool fights and comedy mostly. And the final fight was pretty much anything.

IZ had tons of different skills and Mash could get support from his friends (like he did a little bit towards the end). I expected it to be one of the more creative fights in the series, but it was extremely simple.

Space magic wasn't even used. Seriously, I really wonder if Hajime forgot that IZ had this power instead of "I didn't use it because of the script".

In terms of fighting, IZ vs. Wahlberg was a thousand times better. There you could see how powerful and skilled IZ was with JUST time magic. He humiliated Wahlberg and maintained his presence as the ultimate villain.

Seriously, now, what's to stop IZ from reversing time to before those wounds? He's done it before and now he's a thousand times more powerful.

If the author couldn't deal with such a powerful character, he should have left him only with time magic and not others (in fact, that's almost what happened, since space magic didn't even appear and darkness magic was downgraded to only "ki blasts", plus the wand of beginnings has disappeared)

If the next chapter was the final end of the fight. I will be very disappointed.

Mash's final fight would start at 153 and end at 159. About 7 chapters. It may seem like a lot, but really in terms of "fight", there really wasn't much. Most of the time it was IZ doing "ki blasts" with sometimes using time magic (I won't even consider Darkness magic because it was downgraded to generic energy blast instead of legal EE) and Mash dodging and landing 4 punches on IZ ( If this punch now is the final one).

On an emotional level, some moments were nice, especially that final part.

But I'm sorry, but I expect 2 things from Mashle, cool fights and comedy mostly. And the final fight was pretty much anything.

IZ had tons of different skills and Mash could get support from his friends (like he did a little bit towards the end). I expected it to be one of the more creative fights in the series, but it was extremely simple.

Space magic wasn't even used. Seriously, I really wonder if Hajime forgot that IZ had this power instead of "I didn't use it because of the script".

In terms of fighting, IZ vs. Wahlberg was a thousand times better. There you could see how powerful and skilled IZ was with JUST time magic. He humiliated Wahlberg and maintained his presence as the ultimate villain.

Seriously, now, what's to stop IZ from reversing time to before those wounds? He's done it before and now he's a thousand times more powerful.

If the author couldn't deal with such a powerful character, he should have left him only with time magic and not others (in fact, that's almost what happened, since space magic didn't even appear and darkness magic was downgraded to only "ki blasts", plus the wand of beginnings has disappeared)
For the record, IZ mainly using Dark Magic only can be seen as reasonable, since because he's under the eclipse Dark Magic is at its most powerful

For the record, IZ mainly using Dark Magic only can be seen as reasonable, since because he's under the eclipse Dark Magic is at its most powerful
The problem is not that he uses Darkness magic in abundance, the problem is that he has been downgraded to random power attacks, like ki blast.

Either the author forgot that it has EE or now everyone resists EE, and it's powerful and interesting magic, narratively blows away random bursts of power that the villain has.

What difference would it make to the narrative if IZ never had Darkness Magic and his power bursts were from his time magic or something? None, as EE no longer matters in the narrative. The special property of magic is completely narratively unused.

Yeah, the author ended up giving IZ too much and failed to do everything he could with it.

Dude got like 3 transformations that pretty much just gave him stat boosts and the ability to use wandless magic, and his final attack was just Big Planet Buster Unga Bunga outta nowhere.

Was expecting the hax and abilities to get more explored like your average secondth and thirds, but seems like we just went Dragon Ball.

Back