• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

Why do I get the impression that the author is going to forget it exists and just give spells with different names for this new form of IZ?
I wouldn't be surprised TBH. The author sucks when it comes to remembering certain things. Either forgets or just skips over it entirely.

I wouldn't be surprised TBH. The author sucks when it comes to remembering certain things. Either forgets or just skips over it entirely.
Speaking of forgotten things.

Where is the Wand of Beginnings? The one IZ was using and the one Mash broke was his normal one (with the Roman numerals) and now he's suddenly pulled out a whole new wand from you-know-where.

Cade a Wand of Beginnings? He stuck it in the do you know where? It's not possible.

Speaking of forgotten things.

Where is the Wand of Beginnings? The one IZ was using and the one Mash broke was his normal one (with the Roman numerals) and now he's suddenly pulled out a whole new wand from you-know-where.

Cade a Wand of Beginnings? He stuck it in the do you know where? It's not possible.
It's less about forgetting and more about not elaborating more than once. A lot of things are mentioned once, explaind that time, and then not brought up again expecting the reader to just remember.

Doesn't the wand mold for the user?
But why out of nowhere? As you said, he used this wand to attack the city, why for some reason just out of nowhere and without an explanation, would the Wand of Beginnings transform into his ancient wand visually?

If not, we can just say that it was transformed by the ritual.
See chapter 143, he was using his ancient ancient wand before and after the ritual. No Wand of Beginnings.

Also, it was used when IZ nuked the city.
I think that was the last time he used that wand.

But why out of nowhere? As you said, he used this wand to attack the city, why for some reason just out of nowhere and without an explanation, would the Wand of Beginnings transform into his ancient wand visually?
We're talking about the guy that forgets to draw marks, I'd say it's just easier for Komoto to just draw it that way

We're talking about the guy that forgets to draw marks, I'd say it's just easier for Komoto to just draw it that way
Since chapter 113 the Wand of Beginnings doesn't appear, I think he just forgot about its existence.

EDIT: Not drawing marks is normal, it's something simple and fast that can be forgotten. Toyotaro forgets to draw beards and stuff. The problem is that the Wand of Beginnings is an important piece of the plot. An entire arc was made because of wanting to get this wand. And now she is simply forgotten and not used.

Black Partisan moment
I don't know which is worse.

The Wand of Beginnings had more plot around it.

The Black Partisan was just a thing that appeared out of nowhere and disappeared out of nowhere.

But I think the worst is the Black Partisan, since the Wand of Beginnings is just a Power Boost, the Black Partisan deals a bigger hax. I think?

Because Dark and Black magic are different things and I don't know if they have the same properties. Since it is also something that is never explained.

I don't know which is worse.

The Wand of Beginnings had more plot around it.

The Black Partisan was just a thing that appeared out of nowhere and disappeared out of nowhere.

But I think the worst is the Black Partisan, since the Wand of Beginnings is just a Power Boost, the Black Partisan deals a bigger hax. I think?

Because Dark and Black magic are different things and I don't know if they have the same properties. Since it is also something that is never explained.
At least Kaldo has black magic with his sword

Scorpion feat is even crazier in the anime, with some cloud splitting
I just checked. I find it less impactful than in the manga and it was very, very simple. Also, it looks like the scorpion is smaller. See minute 12:31 and compare with page 4 of chapter 15.

Yes, I like to complain about things.

I'm not watching the anime, the soundtrack and the main fights are at least well animated? Not fluid, but at least better than the Record of Ragnarok anime.

Mash got so strong that he accidentally killed Zero lmao
No, it was the stone. God tier stone.

89e1ede2b060a76807b7b102af6048f18d02be9917c2f7d63fc8b70c18d54e7f-1.gif

Back