• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

Damn
Mftl+ for real?
But innocent zero seem still suprised by mash speed, so it likely wouldn't be scale to him i guess?
Now? We have to wait for the next chapter, the only thing I saw was Mash Blitzing IZ.

But at some point it will probably scale . I don't think the final villain will be defeated by Mash's "base" form.

----------

Now I'm going to be boring.

Why did IZ suddenly use a spell he considers weak on Mash? Yes, the author did this to show Mash's speed, but otherwise it makes no sense. IZ could have simply stopped time with Timez Unmove which would have been more efficient.

IZ still has a lot to use, space magic, summons and thirds. I hope the author is not forgetting these skills.

Now? We have to wait for the next chapter, the only thing I saw was Mash Blitzing IZ.

But at some point it will probably scale . I don't think the final villain will be defeated by Mash's "base" form.

----------

Now I'm going to be boring.

Why did IZ suddenly use a spell he considers weak on Mash? Yes, the author did this to show Mash's speed, but otherwise it makes no sense. IZ could have simply stopped time with Timez Unmove which would have been more efficient.

IZ still has a lot to use, space magic, summons and thirds. I hope the author is not forgetting these skills.
I think they called the needle spell weak.

It's probably going to escalate soon, with IZ using Summons then Thirds.

I think they called the needle spell weak.
He says "That weak spell should be enough" after using the Timez Rate, then immediately sends the random guy's spell back to him using his finger.

So yes, he called the Timez Rate spell weak.

I find it amusing Finn being impressed that IZ can slow down time. As if the guy didn't have 3 different types of personal magic (having shown 2), with his personal magic being time and manipulating it in several different ways so far.
It's probably going to escalate soon, with IZ using Summons then Thirds.
Speaking of skills that for some reason (we know why) he's not using.

What happened to your passive shield that ages everything that touches it? You know, he could have used that moment to stop Mash from hitting him.

He says "That weak spell should be enough" after using the Timez Rate, then immediately sends the random guy's spell back to him using his finger.

So yes, he called the Timez Rate spell weak.

I find it amusing Finn being impressed that IZ can slow down time. As if the guy didn't have 3 different types of personal magic (having shown 2), with his personal magic being time and manipulating it in several different ways so far.

Speaking of skills that for some reason (we know why) he's not using.

What happened to your passive shield that ages everything that touches it? You know, he could have used that moment to stop Mash from hitting him.
IZ is referring to the Needle spell the random guy used. He's saying his own spell should be weak enough to kill him.

As far as I know you can only use anime stuff for feats deadlines.
Which means the Lance crater can't be used? Even if the anime is called "a complete (definitive) adaptation"?

Would be fun if someone calced it though. Same with the Big Bang Dash. I mean, really, Mash never used it against Margarette, so maybe that can be supersonic....

Which means the Lance crater can't be used? Even if the anime is called "a complete (definitive) adaptation"?

Would be fun if someone calced it though. Same with the Big Bang Dash. I mean, really, Mash never used it against Margarette, so maybe that can be supersonic....
I think it depends from case to case. The OPM anime for example is only used for deadlines and not for deeds. However Mob Psycho 100 as far as I know can use anime feats because of "one's artistic limitation" or something.

It probably won't be something that can be used. But I don't know all the wiki rules so I'm not sure.

When Mashle entered this arc was there an announcement like "final arc" or something? Although it looks like it's at the end, it doesn't feel like the end of the manga.

There are a lot of things that need to be explored further. The Master Canes, those witches (from the Wizard of Oz) who are mentioned out of nowhere to level up a character (Meliadoul) even though we know almost nothing about them (in the style of Record of Ragnarok), Dark Partisan by Rayne and that god who appeared recently.

There must be more loose ends out there. But right now the guys are up against the most powerful sorcerer in the world (until there's a retcon). So only if gods and demons are presented to have a more "natural" scale of power.

When Mashle entered this arc was there an announcement like "final arc" or something? Although it looks like it's at the end, it doesn't feel like the end of the manga.

There are a lot of things that need to be explored further. The Master Canes, those witches (from the Wizard of Oz) who are mentioned out of nowhere to level up a character (Meliadoul) even though we know almost nothing about them (in the style of Record of Ragnarok), Dark Partisan by Rayne and that god who appeared recently.

There must be more loose ends out there. But right now the guys are up against the most powerful sorcerer in the world (until there's a retcon). So only if gods and demons are presented to have a more "natural" scale of power.
According to Volume 11, the author said starting with Volume 12, they would be entering the final stretch. So, I do believe this is the final arc.

According to Volume 11, the author said starting with Volume 12, they would be entering the final stretch. So, I do believe this is the final arc.
I hope he makes a Part 2 like Chaisaw Man or a new manga in the same universe. It can even be with other characters to better explore the world. But Mashle isn't that big of a sales thing anymore, so that's pretty unlikely.

Yeah, it is

At least is gotten this powerful in its short run. Solos Black Clover would have said One Piece but that's getting downgraded
Nothing stays changed forever. Someday Mashle will have a massive Downgrade thread.

It's inevitable.

I hope he makes a Part 2 like Chaisaw Man or a new manga in the same universe. It can even be with other characters to better explore the world. But Mashle isn't that big of a sales thing anymore, so that's pretty unlikely.
It still sells almost 100,000 copies per volume, thats big
Nothing stays changed forever. Someday Mashle will have a massive Downgrade thread.

It's inevitable.
Maybe

It still sells almost 100,000 copies per volume, thats big
The problem is that we are talking about Shonen Jump. 100k would be a cool ok might not cancel. And even then he doesn't reach 100k easily.

Mashle's latest volume, 16 made 65k in 13 days (data from Apr 10-16) and in the latest update from Apr 17-23, Mashle dropped out of the top 50 sales for that week. And the last place number 50 made 11k of sales in the week, that is, Mashle sold less than 11k.

Mashle is in probably the most famous Japanese magazine in the world and still has difficulty reaching 100k.

Making a comparison with, for example, Record of Ragnarok. Monthly manga, from a not very famous magazine (mainly in the west), from the third volume, reached 100k easily. The last volume of RoR made 145k in 14 days and the anime was something relatively negative for the manga.

If Mashle was from a lesser known magazine and was selling this much, then you could say he's big.

Hey, it's at the end of it's lifespan. It's selling more than half the magazine. It's current circulation is, what, 6 million right now? For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this volume is an improvement over the last one, so its showing growth with the anime.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure this volume is an improvement over the last one, so its showing growth with the anime.
We have to wait the third and fourth week of this volume.

But Mashle is on a slight descent that started from Volume 9 onwards.

In the fourth week of Volume 9, the volume made 121k sales in total. And in the fourth week of Volume 15, the volume made 78k in total.

I hope the anime helps.

We have to wait the third and fourth week of this volume.

But Mashle is on a slight descent that started from Volume 9 onwards.

In the fourth week of Volume 9, the volume made 121k sales in total. And in the fourth week of Volume 15, the volume made 78k in total.

I hope the anime helps.
Its been past the 3rd week and volume 16 reached the mark of volume 15. Week 4 should be better and will probably reach 80-85K

You know that moment when Doom uses his mirror magic for the first time (chapter 139)? When Doom does the illusions, they are said to move at lightning speed in the English translation, and in a fan translation from my country, it was translated to "speed of light".

So I went to take a look at raw.

a.png

鏡の魔法
Mirror Magic
あの肉体を活かして相互に作用し合い何倍もの力を発揮している...
Taking advantage of that body, they interact with each other and demonstrate their power multiply times...
マッシュ・ バーンデッドの完全なる上位互換
It's completely compatible with Mash Burndead
本体以外は全部幻影確率は5分の1
All of it but the real body have a 1 in 5 chance of being a illusion.
しかもどれも本体と同じ超スピード
In addition to that, all of them have the same super speed as the real body

On the bright side, it can no longer be used as an anti-feat argument. Saying they can't be that fast because "lightning speed".
The downside is that it's less of a concrete statement of speed in the manga. Concretely we only have the speed of sound, everything else is through calculations.

Curious, why does moving in time slow grant mftl+ speed. I have been looking for info on this here, but u have seen nothing. It would be cool is someone could explain.

Only reason he's even FTL+ was because the original result was ludicrously higher and mods were bothered by it. (the math itself was fine and would be even higher using their other suggeste method.)

By the way, doesn't Black clover have a Grand Cross style mobile game? Maybe someday they can collaborate with Mashle and have playable Mashle characters.

Like Grand Cross and its collaborators.
Maybe. I just want the special report and card game.

Honestly, Mashle characters would probably be super rare to roll, because they'd have to be good as crossover characters.

I noticed for the Hell's Paradise profiles, they are starting to use anime feats for the scaling. I remember someone asking about that in here. It seems like it's okay to use unless the person doing is breaking the rules?

I noticed for the Hell's Paradise profiles, they are starting to use anime feats for the scaling. I remember someone asking about that in here. It seems like it's okay to use unless the person doing is breaking the rules?
As I said, normally it is not used, it depends on each verse and the context. Just someone more experienced on the wiki or a staff member to know whether or not you can use stuff from Mashle's anime.

Back