• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MASHLE: Magic and Muscles Discussion Thread

You can request for it to be calced in the Calculation Request Thread.

Fair warning though that, like I said, there's already anti-feats/contradictions with Mash being supersonic in this very same fight, a Transonic character was moving explicitly faster than him. And he repeatedly struggled with Transonic attacks and had to rely on the advantage of his reflexes sensing sound to anticipate Macaron's attacks.
Even if this gets calculated at supersonic or higher, it might just end up being an outlier anyways. Mash being supersonic means he shouldn't have had any problems tagging Macaron when he got in range with him, that feat actually implies movement speed.

You can request for it to be calced in the Calculation Request Thread.

Fair warning though that, like I said, there's already anti-feats/contradictions with Mash being supersonic in this very same fight, a Transonic character was moving explicitly faster than him.
Even if this gets calculated at supersonic or higher, it might just end up being an outlier anyways.

I have This calc too

Even then we'd be relying on a character statement from a character that's weaker and slower than them. This same character contradicts this statement in Chapter 61 when they explicitly stated that Mash is not as fast as sound, or not fast enough to catch someone who moves at the speed of sound, on top of two other, stronger characters agreeing with him. So it's safe to say we can't rely on their statements, at least in this particular fight.
It is absolutely true that Finn is weaker and slower than Mash, but in the series, the author tend to have people like him be the one to explain things to we the audience when other stronger characters couldn’t see what happen.

It is absolutely true that Finn is weaker and slower than Mash, but in the series, the author tend to have people like him be the one to explain things to we the audience when other stronger characters couldn’t see what happen.
Vinn said if Mash Must be move Faster than speed Of sound for evading those Sound Surround Orchestra too.

It's wrong. The fact that this is hypersonic is already complete absurdity.
Silva didn't react to its detonation velocity, there's nothing that suggests that.
Silva heard Dot casting his spell, and Explom spell acts like a projectile. It's an aim dodging more than anything. Silva doesn't even have to be as fast as the movement of Dot's Explom to dodge it, as always with long range projectile dodging.
On top of that, there was a thread about detonation velocity of bombs being iffy to use.

Besides, a mook like Silva is in no way faster than Macaron.
I know, that's typically how a lot of stories work. Which is why, as I pointed out, Finn contradicted himself later on, with both Dot and Lance agreeing with him. That combined with what we actually see in Mash being unable to tag a transonic Macaron, it's quite obvious which speed rating is more consistent.
We shouldn't take all of their comments at face value, they're evaluated the same as any other character statements. I wasn't saying Finn is entirely unreliable.

Anyways, I can be quite blunt when I get in arguments.
I assure you that I'm not being overtly serious or stiff, if I ever sound rude I apologize for that.

Then we could scale Mash to Baseline Subsonic since he tends to move faster than eye can see. Like here, here and here.

So Mash would be “Subsonic normally (He can move faster than the eye can see) up to Supersonic (Can dig through the ground at supersonic speed)”?

Then we could scale Mash to Baseline Subsonic since he tends to move faster than eye can see. Like here, here and here.

So Mash would be “Subsonic normally (He can move faster than the eye can see) up to Supersonic (Can dig through the ground at supersonic speed)”?
I know I'm the one who originally suggested it, but rereading the fight, I really think it's an outlier if it's a legit supersonic feat.
It doesn't make sense that Mash can dig through the ground at supersonic speed, basically breaking through a solid obstacle while moving faster than sound, but would struggle tagging a transonic character without any obstacles in his way.

Does anyone other than Mash have Subsonic feats?
Mash being Subsonic normally is fine, but his speed against Macaron should put his reactions at Subsonic+ since he barely caught Macaron's clothes though that was also limiting their movement into two directions and Mash only caught Macaron's clothes, not Macaron themself.

Its not, aim dodging, he didn't expect That Dot attack him its clear how we saw him shoked when Dot Said Explomm on the panel. Its Similiar to Deidara Bomb if he said " kats" Then Bomb would Exploded.
Not expecting doesn't mean being incapable of aim dodging. Being shocked doesn't mean he didn't aim dodge either.

Silva clearly heard Dot chant the spell and was staring at his direction, it gives him more than enough time to move away from the direction of the attack or the area where the attack is gonna be.

And no, Explomb works as a projectile. We literally see in the next page of the Silva fight how Explomb is basically an exploding fireball sent towards a certain direction by Dot.
We see it again in the fight against the Magnus Goons.
And again.

The only time Explomb doesn't work as a projectile is with Explobomb, where Dot casts a magic circle that explodes.

Other than that, my previous comment already debunks the already obviously absurd idea of Silva being hypersonic.

You ignored the Feats on Silva Case he couldn't even Dodge the Bigger Explom, why? Cuz He didn't do aim dodging on the same place same Distance even he on the midle of the Explosions mean he didn't even try to evading those Explosions

The argument that Macaron is only Speed of sound sounds ridiculous. We even have an mftl+ character even though the punch is only stated to be Speed of light.

You ignored the Feats on Silva Case he couldn't even Dodge the Bigger Explom, why? Cuz He didn't do aim dodging on the same place same Distance even he on the midle of the Explosions mean he didn't even try to evading those Explosions
I didn't ignore it, I have the scan in the last comment, I just didn't include the next page that showed the explosion, only the page where the same explomb is shown as a PROJECTILE.
I don't even know what you're trying to say here. It sure doesn't support any of the asinine arguments about hypersonic Silva.

The argument that Macaron is only Speed of sound sounds ridiculous. We even have an mftl+ character even though the punch is only stated to be Speed of light.
There is no "argument" about Macaron only being speed of sound. Macaron is speed of sound with Metamorphosis. I repeat, Macaron is explicitly stated to be moving at the speed of sound, literally. He travels via NOISE. Read Chapter 60 of Mashle: Magic and Muscles in case anyone is confused.

You have no evidences supporting any obtuse arguments that Macaron, who claims to be SOUND ITSELF, who is described to have MAGIC THAT ALLOWS HIM TO TRAVEL VIA NOISE, MEANING HE IS LITERALLY MOVING AT THE SPEED OF SOUND, is anything but.

And again, I don't even know what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that Macaron's sound is faster than sound? Sounds good, my guy, that makes 100% sense and is totally gonna get approved.

Whichever character from a different verse you're talking about has zero relevance in this discussion about Mashle.

Macaron is speed of sound with Metamorphosis. I repeat, Macaron is explicitly stated to be moving at the speed of sound, literally. He travels via NOISE.
No, He scales to Mash who can move faster Than Speed Of Sound, Even though Macaron is stated to move with the speed of sound Literally, Mash has already exceeded the speed of the real sound.
Read Chapter 60 of Mashle: Magic and Muscles
So you're implying that I'm not reading that chapter already?
Are you saying that Macaron's sound is faster than sound?
Are you trying to say that Macaron's does not travel at the speed of sound?

No, He scales to Mash who can move faster Than Speed Of Sound, Even though Macaron is stated to move with the speed of sound Literally, Mash has already exceeded the speed of the real sound.
Macaron is transonic. He moves via noise/sound.
Mash cannot catch him. Therefore, Mash is not faster than sound.
I feel like I'm talking to a wall.
So you're implying that I'm not reading that chapter already?
Based on your comments, it's giving me doubts that you did.
If you did, I recommend rereading it.
Are you trying to say that Macaron's does not travel at the speed of sound?
Are you doing this on purpose? How on earth did you even reach that conclusion?
I'm trying to be really patient here. Please reread my comments, carefully, with attention.
I will copy it here in my reply for you to see clearly:
There is no "argument" about Macaron only being speed of sound. Macaron is speed of sound with Metamorphosis. I repeat, Macaron is explicitly stated to be moving at the speed of sound, literally. He travels via NOISE. Read Chapter 60 of Mashle: Magic and Muscles in case anyone is confused.

You have no evidences supporting any obtuse arguments that Macaron, who claims to be SOUND ITSELF, who is described to have MAGIC THAT ALLOWS HIM TO TRAVEL VIA NOISE, MEANING HE IS LITERALLY MOVING AT THE SPEED OF SOUND, is anything but.

Therefore, Mash is not faster than sound.
Explain This.
0059-008.png
0059-013.png
0059-014.png

...I am fully convince that you did not actually read any of my original comments, did you?
Like I said, it's an OUTLIER AT BEST. With only Finn making an assumption that he moves faster than sound.
On top of that, Mash probably didn't need to be supersonic to perform the feat anyways.
Macaron's attack didn't begin immediately after he summoned the instruments, and we can see Mash looking at the ground before the attack, making it more possible that he didn't need to have supersonic speed to perform the feat as he could've moved beforehand.

In any case, the things below contradicts any wank about erroneous supersonic/hypersonic claims, in case some people might have missed it or are ignoring it.​

Finn CONTRADICTS his previous statement, saying Mash is not as fast as/not fast enough to catch Transonic Macaron. Dot and Lance AGREES with him.

Mash FAILS to capture a Transonic Macaron MULTIPLE TIMES who easily tags him MULTIPLE TIMES.

Please don't ignore what actually happens in the manga in favor for skewed instances just to give characters inflated stats.​

Or at least try to explain how Macaron and Mash are faster than sound despite the manga saying otherwise.

Mash was only able to tag Macaron by using his WITS and INGENUITY to COPE AGAINST THE SPEED DISADVANTAGE

1. He uses his insane reflexes to take advantage of the properties of sound, perceiving Macaron's attack BEFORE IT OCCURRED by sensing sound waves by the wall.​

2. He distracts Macaron and prevents them from casting magic by putting Tartar Sauce on their hand.

3. He blocks Macaron's main escape route by flipping the stage, so that Macaron can only move right or left. He then employs a feint to trick Macaron into moving to his desired direction. Even then, Mash BARELY catches Macaron and only really tags his clothes with his pinky finger by outstretching his arms as fast as possible, meaning Mash OBVIOUSLY isn't as fast as a transonic Macaron, if it wasn't explicit already throughout the chapters.​

You don't have to raise your letters like you a crazy attention
he could've moved beforehand.
0059-013.png

He Stated that Mash dug in the ground before the sound hit him.
In any case, the things below contradicts any wank about erroneous supersonic/hypersonic claims, in case some people might have missed it or are ignoring it.
Now you accuse people who disagree with you wangking something?
Finn CONTRADICTS his previous statement, saying Mash is not as fast as/not fast enough to catch Transonic Macaron. Dot and Lance AGREES with him.
That's Means Macaron is Fast enough to Mash who can react to his sound.

Mash FAILS to capture a Transonic Macaron MULTIPLE TIMES who easily tags him MULTIPLE TIMES.​

Its because He makes Distance and afterimages/
He uses his insane reflexes to take advantage of the properties of sound, perceiving Macaron's attack BEFORE IT OCCURRED by sensing sound waves by the wall.
Mean he reacted to the wave who move at different sound speed.
He distracts Macaron and prevents them from casting magic by putting Tartar Sauce on their hand.
Can give tartar sauce to people who move at the speed of sound without that person knowing, impressive.
He blocks Macaron's main escape route by flipping the stage, so that Macaron can only move right or left. He then employs a feint to trick Macaron into moving to his desired direction. Even then, Mash BARELY catches Macaron and only really tags his clothes with his pinky finger by outstretching his arms as fast as possible, meaning Mash OBVIOUSLY isn't as fast as a transonic Macaron, if it wasn't explicit already throughout the chapters.
He's not just transonic.

I agree. Mash would be Baseline Subsonic, most likely higher if we could calculate some of his faster than the eye can see feats he have
He should probably be Subsonic+ even if he's Subsonic casually. I don't entirely remember but there were times when Mash would face someone who would be as fast as him like that Eye dude in the Magnus elitist group, but Mash would use his MUSCLE MAGIC TM to deal and defeat them, so he can go faster.
He's below Transonic but not

You don't have to raise your letters like you a crazy attention
No, it's necessary because we keep on going in circles because you keep repeating the same debunked "arguments" and you don't really read my comments and try to understand them, or else why would you even ask me about something I didn't even say?
You clearly need big letters to catch your attention.
He Stated that Mash dug in the ground before the sound hit him.
FFS did you even read my comment? You obviously didn't. You're clearly stonewalling at this point and that's not allowed in this forum.
Now you accuse people who disagree with you wangking something?
I said supersonic/hypersonic claims are wank. Which is true, if you bothered to read my comment.
That's Means Macaron is Fast enough to Mash who can react to his sound.
What are you even talking about?
Its because He makes Distance and afterimages/
Again, what are you even talking about?
He doesn't "make distances". What the hell does that even mean?
Anything that's subsonic and above can create afterimages FYI. Afterimages is just an effect of Macaron being Transonic.
Mean he reacted to the wave who move at different sound speed.
I highly suggest you please read the scans I posted for the love of god.
He used his reflexes, his sense of touch to feel the vibrations caused by the soundwaves travelling in the ground. That doesn't mean he's above the speed of sound, if that's what you're desperately and incorrectly trying to say, in fact it's the opposite. The scans makes that painfully clear.
Can give tartar sauce to people who move at the speed of sound without that person knowing, impressive.
... I can't even.
Alright, I'll tell you this significant peace of information that Macaron is not only shocked but was also stationary and wasn't moving at all, which is why Mash was able to do that. Furthermore, Macaron is only stated to travel at the speed of sound.
He's not just transonic.
According to you. Unfortunately, the manga Mashle: Magic and Muscles tells otherwise.

He should probably be Subsonic+ even if he's Subsonic casually. I don't entirely remember but there were times when Mash would face someone who would be as fast as him like that Eye dude in the Magnus elitist group, but Mash would use his MUSCLE MAGIC TM to deal and defeat them, so he can go faster.
He's below Transonic but not

No, it's necessary because we keep on going in circles because you keep repeating the same debunked "arguments" and you don't really read my comments and try to understand them, or else why would you even ask me about something I didn't even say?
You clearly need big letters to catch your attention.

FFS did you even read my comment? You obviously didn't. You're clearly stonewalling at this point and that's not allowed in this forum.

I said supersonic/hypersonic claims are wank. Which is true, if you bothered to read my comment.

What are you even talking about?

Again, what are you even talking about?
He doesn't "make distances". What the hell does that even mean?
Anything that's subsonic and above can create afterimages FYI. Afterimages is just an effect of Macaron being Transonic.

I highly suggest you please read the scans I posted for the love of god.
He used his reflexes, his sense of touch to feel the vibrations caused by the soundwaves travelling in the ground. That doesn't mean he's above the speed of sound, if that's what you're desperately and incorrectly trying to say, in fact it's the opposite. The scans makes that painfully clear.

... I can't even.

Alright, I'll tell you this significant peace of information that Macaron is not only shocked but was also stationary and wasn't moving at all, which is why Mash was able to do that. Furthermore, Macaron is only stated to travel at the speed of sound.

According to you. Unfortunately, the manga Mashle: Magic and Muscles tells otherwise.
It's Funny you said I didn't read your comment even though I do quote it, it just proves how rough you are at this game. whatever, that's enough for now. maybe next time there will be evidence to substantiate what I said.

It's Funny you said I didn't read your comment even though I do quote it, it just proves how rough you are at this game. whatever, that's enough for now. maybe next time there will be evidence to substantiate what I said.
When I said you didn't read my comment, I meant you weren't reading it completely and understanding it.

Why else would you ask me if I don't think Macaron is transonic, when all of my posts are based on the fact that Macaron's movement speed is transonic? You either didn't read my comments in their entirety, or you're doing this intentionally to stonewall.

Look, if Mash is actually confirmed in-universe to have undisputable supersonic feats in the future, that's great! It wouldn't be surprising if we reach that point of speed levels. If it happens, then we'll add that.
There are simply way too many contradictions for that for now, where characters being transonic and slower are much more consistent than anything else.

I wonder what what this forbidden spell is about. And this Innocent Zero erase his entire face and resembled it back, that is kinda creepy.

Mash has a serious problem with cream puff

Innocent Zero's Magic is called Timez, he can stop time, so whatever ability he's using is probably some really good time hax ability that's scarier than time stop. Looking forward to what it is.

Innocent Zero's Magic is called Timez, he can stop time, so whatever ability he's using is probably some really good time hax ability that's scarier than time stop. Looking forward to what it is.
Scarier than Time Stopping? I hoping it is something powerful like Existence Erasure, Curse Manipulation or Death Manipulation

Scarier than Time Stopping? I hoping it is something powerful like Existence Erasure, Curse Manipulation or Death Manipulation
Yeah if it's something like bringing back the dead I'll be really disappointed unless he summons overpowered dead people. Since he calls it Timez: The Living Dead.

I think it's summoning or sealing and the worst thing I can imagine is that Age Acceleration makes Walhberg so old that he can't do anything, its why He call it the Living death IMO

usually don't read manga but this one is very good... Just wish it's going to become an anime.

Back