• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's talk about black holes (Mashle)

Right, I noticed that the current Top-Tier to God-Tier scaling chain is very fragile. It's based 100% on multipliers, which I hate, but are somehow legitimate. But I think it is possible to change that
This is Lance, and he creates black holes. Now, whether they are legitimate or not I don't know. The goal here is to know if there is enough evidence for them to be legitimate, if so, the use of multipliers will decrease by more than 70% (And would also upgrade the verse)
That's it, I don't know if that is proof enough. If yes, good, if no, that's it

Last edited:
The Lance's god that creates the black holes is called "God of Stars, Nemesis". This would indicate that Hajime (Author of the manga) was aware of the celestial bodies and how strong black holes are when he created the spell
Okay but everyone knows black holes are strong. This doesn't mean he knows what specific properties they have are outside of really strong gravity. Also, what she shows for their strength is absolutely pathetic in comparison to real black holes.

The effect they have on the environment is way, way too small for their size. AND THE FACT THAT THERE'S MULTIPLE. They aren't doing anything even near what they should be doing. Lifting up a few rocks isn't "absorbing everything around it"

These things would be shredding apart the planet.

Good. But I guess they are just extremely weak because nothing is happening to the surrounding area at all.

The black holes probably don't end up destroying the planet because they are inherently made of magic. Canonically, the more concentrated the magical power is in a area, the greater the power
So they are just a collection of mana? Yeah, I don't think they should qualify as real black holes.

Okay but everyone knows black holes are strong. This doesn't mean he knows what specific properties they have are outside of really strong gravity. Also, what she shows for their strength is absolutely pathetic in comparison to real black holes.

The effect they have on the environment is way, way too small for their size. AND THE FACT THAT THERE'S MULTIPLE. They aren't doing anything even near what they should be doing. Lifting up a few rocks isn't "absorbing everything around it"

Good. But I guess they are just extremely weak because nothing is happening to the surrounding area at all.

So they are just a collection of mana? Yeah, I don't think they should qualify as real black holes.
I was just writing a message, but that says almost everything I think.
-----------------

What's more, these spheres are never called black holes or even compared to one.

As you said, they don't "absorb everything around", they just lift the stones underneath them (and that doesn't always happen).

Besides, absorbing isn't the only thing it does. It paralyzes attacks in the air with gravity, as well as repels those same attacks at high speed. I guess black holes don't do that kind of thing.

But I'm not an expert on what may or may not be considered a real black hole in fiction.

So, unrelated to the verse, but related to black holes

What if black holes of the same size were placed on a giant planet, one that dwarfs Earth. Would that solve an issue of the planet getting shredde?

Okay but everyone knows black holes are strong. This doesn't mean he knows what specific properties they have are outside of really strong gravity
Who creates the black holes comes from a god called the "god of stars", which would make things very convenient considering the ability Lance controls and what kind of magic is used. Also, Hajime knows about the properties to some extent, since he is aware of what happens when two black holes come close together (They generate gravitational waves, something that no matter where you research, will mention how dense a body needs to be for this to happen)
The effect they have on the environment is way, way too small for their size. AND THE FACT THAT THERE'S MULTIPLE. They aren't doing anything even near what they should be doing. Lifting up a few rocks isn't "absorbing everything around it
Fair, but I have explained about how magic system works. The smaller the area of concentrated magic, the greater the focus of power. Lance has total control over his gravity, so would make a little of sense
But I guess they are just extremely weak because nothing is happening to the surrounding area at all.
Isn't possible to create a weak gravity wave, you need at least something as danse as a neutron star to do so

Even if the black hole proposition is denied, could I use a method using the density of a neutron star or something like that? I doubt that the result would be anything close to Tier 5 anyway

Who creates the black holes comes from a god called the "god of stars", which would make things very convenient considering the ability Lance controls and what kind of magic is used. Also, Hajime knows about the properties to some extent, since he is aware of what happens when two black holes come close together (They generate gravitational waves, something that no matter where you research, will mention how dense a body needs to be for this to happen)

Fair, but I have explained about how magic system works. The smaller the area of concentrated magic, the greater the focus of power. Lance has total control over his gravity, so would make a little of sense

Isn't possible to create a weak gravity wave, you need at least something as danse as a neutron star to do so

Even if the black hole proposition is denied, could I use a method using the density of a neutron star or something like that? I doubt that the result would be anything close to Tier 5 anyway
The name of the ability doesn't mean anything.

He has gravity abilities so it isn't out of the ordinary for him to be capable of making gravity waves.

Using neutron star density would be even worse. There's absolutely no evidence for that either.

So the thing is black, create gravity waves and its generated by high concentration of gravity, and yet can't be calculated by any means?

Back