• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I will like to discuss the validity of 3 accepted calcs on this page. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mash_Burnedead?so=search

The first being this calc. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...es068/Mash_is_one_fast_guy#Distance_Mash_Swam
Not only are the measurements weird. The speed lines all vary in size, differing in comparison to the POV. The thickness of each speed line should be measured separately and compared to it's length to find a more accurate distance. I also disagree with the timeframe, which assumes he blitz the Shark during this scene which is baseless. The shark has already been shown capable of perceiving him traveling a much shorter distance, and even then he never reacts to him swimming fast. Him not moving around after seeing this doesn't depict he couldn't perceive any of this movement. The timeframe should be 3 to 5 seconds at max.

The second and third being these calcs
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LIFE_OF_KING/Mashle_-_Mash_throws_a_scorpion https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LIFE_OF_KING/Mashle_-_Mash_throws_a_giant_(Rework)

Both calcs share the same faulty reasoning, that faulty reasoning being "This is a stationary manga, simply because two objects are shown at the same time doesn't mean it took the same time for both to reach a certain distance. If mash is throwing this thing then it's impossible for it to have reached the sky at the same time of him finishing his throw. When he finishes the movement his arm is stationary meaning the scorpion is moving at an entirely different velocity."
For the third calculation it's impossible for the chain to be moving at the same velocity as his arm, as the force of him lifting it would have to traverse over 6km and giving the nature of the chains, they would have to lift overtime. It's not like a stick which is all connected and would be moved at same time it's built more like a string which takes time to travel.

We see on panel that the chain is moving in different locations which contradict the idea of it happening in the same timeframe of him lifting his arm, as this depicts the chains moving in different ways while moving up instead of the entire thing being pulled up at once. A timeframe of 3 to 5 seconds is more appropriate.

. I also disagree with the timeframe, which assumes he blitz the Shark during this scene which is baseless. The shark has already been shown capable of perceiving him traveling a much shorter distance, and even then he never reacts to him swimming fast. Him not moving around after seeing this doesn't depict he couldn't perceive any of this movement. The timeframe should be 3 to 5 seconds at max.
Mash literally FTE to him, he stated it himself.

VS Battles Wiki Forum

WrongIdea21

• Hello and welcome to this forum.

To read all of the information that you will need regarding our rules and conventions please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • WARNING UPDATE!!!!

Based on information from one of our hacked members, it seems like the hackers are brute-force cracking accounts with weak passwords.

As such, both they and everybody else here, especially staff members, need to use sufficiently strong passwords that consist of at least 17 to 18 letters, numbers, and symbols in combination, and preferably use two-factor authentication as well.

However, the previous warning remains to NOT under any circumstances click on any suspicious links in this forum, to Telegram or otherwise, and to not quote any posts containing such links.

Rather, quickly report such posts here instead.

Please click here for further information or questions.
  • We have promoted new VS Battles staff members.

Please click here to help make them feel welcome.

Mash calcs​

WATCH
[IMG alt="TimmyTurnero"]https://vsbattles.com/data/avatars/m/11/11053.jpg?1669365707[/IMG]

TimmyTurnero

I will like to discuss the validity of 3 accepted calcs on this page. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mash_Burnedead?so=search

The first being this calc. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...es068/Mash_is_one_fast_guy#Distance_Mash_Swam
Not only are the measurements weird. The speed lines all vary in size, differing in comparison to the POV. The thickness of each speed line should be measured separately and compared to it's length to find a more accurate distance. I also disagree with the timeframe, which assumes he blitz the Shark during this scene which is baseless. The shark has already been shown capable of perceiving him traveling a much shorter distance, and even then he never reacts to him swimming fast. Him not moving around after seeing this doesn't depict he couldn't perceive any of this movement. The timeframe should be 3 to 5 seconds at max.

The second and third being these calcs
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LIFE_OF_KING/Mashle_-_Mash_throws_a_scorpion https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LIFE_OF_KING/Mashle_-_Mash_throws_a_giant_(Rework)

Both calcs share the same faulty reasoning, that faulty reasoning being "This is a stationary manga, simply because two objects are shown at the same time doesn't mean it took the same time for both to reach a certain distance. If mash is throwing this thing then it's impossible for it to have reached the sky at the same time of him finishing his throw. When he finishes the movement his arm is stationary meaning the scorpion is moving at an entirely different velocity."
For the third calculation it's impossible for the chain to be moving at the same velocity as his arm, as the force of him lifting it would have to traverse over 6km and giving the nature of the chains, they would have to lift overtime. It's not like a stick which is all connected and would be moved at same time it's built more like a string which takes time to travel.

We see on panel that the chain is moving in different locations which contradict the idea of it happening in the same timeframe of him lifting his arm, as this depicts the chains moving in different ways while moving up instead of the entire thing being pulled up at once. A timeframe of 3 to 5 seconds is more appropriate
Agree.

Mash literally FTE to him, he stated it himself.
He doesn’t state this, what? When did he say “Mash is faster than my perception”? All he says is that he doesn’t see Mash at that current moment, and given that he’s swimming behind him it’s very possible that he outstripped his viewing range. He himself perceives Mash dashing behind him and points out that he’s swimming fast. This contradicts the belief that he’s being blitz.

He doesn’t state this, what? When did he say “Mash is faster than my perception”? All he says is that he doesn’t see Mash at that current moment, and given that he’s swimming behind him it’s very possible that he outstripped his viewing range. He himself perceives Mash dashing behind him and points out that he’s swimming fast. This contradicts the belief that he’s being blitz.
You should understand the context that he saying " he can't shake the feeling that something go passed him at incredible speed " and " can't see Mash anywhere".
He even compares the blur that swam past him to 10Km per hour, which is no where near the 219km/hour the calc assumes he’s moving.
Nah, he implying that no human can swim that fast and he should percive Mash's movement but he don't.

Im going to be honest, i feel like using 5 seconds, and even 3 seconds, is too slow for the scorpion calc. Upon witnessing it, Silva was left flabbergasted and thought he was going to get killed by Mash.

For the Giant, I am neutral on it. While the chain does make things iffy, there's a cleat indicator that the Giant itself was shown to go in a straight line when thrown up into the air. I also feel like the suggested timeframes are too slow, as the giant looking like a speck in the sky would make odd sense. Also, I don't know if it would mean anything, but the Giant was also at risk of destroying the city.

Im going to be honest, i feel like using 5 seconds, and even 3 seconds, is too slow for the scorpion calc. Upon witnessing it, Silva was left flabbergasted and thought he was going to get killed by Mash.
I’d be surprised at some lifting a giant scorpion too. I dont think that’s a good argument against the timeframes, as this is the best way without making absurb assumptions. We have no way of knowing how long it took.
For the Giant, I am neutral on it. While the chain does make things iffy, there's a cleat indicator that the Giant itself was shown to go in a straight line when thrown up into the air. I also feel like the suggested timeframes are too slow, as the giant looking like a speck in the sky would make odd sense. Also, I don't know if it would mean anything, but the Giant was also at risk of destroying the city.
I don’t disagree with it being thrown in a straight line, I disagree with the logic of the chain being treated like a straight foward solid, despite it being slanky and traveling wonky. Assumed the force of him lifting the chain instantly traversed the chain and forced it to move alongside his own arm movement is jusr incorrect.

I think powerscaling has clouded people’s mental view on sizes, the height this giant was thrown is damn near the size of Mount Everest.
Mount Everest dwarfs a building this tall
Burj_Khalifa_SOM_exterior_(c)_Nick_Merrick_for_Hedrich_Blessing_(9).jpg

The height the giant is thrown is over 8 times the size of this building. Assuming a chain over 8x longer than this building is moving in a straight like with no time in between for the force to actually traverse the chain and travels upwards in a straight line (the manga panel contradicts this) is just ridiculous

I’d be surprised at some lifting a giant scorpion too. I dont think that’s a good argument against the timeframes, as this is the best way without making absurb assumptions. We have no way of knowing how long it took.
Eh, fair point I supposed. There's always other calcs like Lance's huge cratering and Mash caduallt diflecting a forest busting blast from Brad.
I don’t disagree with it being thrown in a straight line, I disagree with the logic of the chain being treated like a straight foward solid, despite it being slanky and traveling wonky.
I honestly don't know how that would chanhe much, could you explain im simpler terms?
Assumed the force of him lifting the chain instantly traversed the chain and forced it to move alongside his own arm movement is jusr incorrect.
I see. But wasn't the chain straight when Mash was playing tug of war with the giant?
I think powerscaling has clouded people’s mental view on sizes, the height this giant was thrown is damn near the size of Mount Everest.
Mount Everest dwarfs a building this tall
Burj_Khalifa_SOM_exterior_(c)_Nick_Merrick_for_Hedrich_Blessing_(9).jpg
That is indeed huge. It's hard to imagine the sizes in manga without a real life equivalent, and this puts that into perspective
The height the giant is thrown is over 8 times the size of this building. Assuming a chain over 8x longer than this building is moving in a straight like with no time in between for the force to actually traverse the chain and travels upwards in a straight line (the manga panel contradicts this) is just ridiculous
Yeah, that does sound bizarre

I'll concede to the swimming feat for now, but it's agreeable that the timeframe for Mash's throwing feats are inflated correct?

Back