• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Upgrade: Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter_"Quicksilver"_Maximoff

VS Battles
Retired
I've asked an calcer over at the nf to calc a Iron Man feat for me and he nicley did it and it resluted in some pretty neat numbers, so i'm thinking we could apply the calc here to tony's profile and those who scale to him can recivie the upgrade as well

Here are the ends on the calc:

Low End: 3.253 teratons

High End: 2.112301786 petatons.

I'm open to compromises also...

Nvrmind~ ^^;

Just to repeat a bit, the results are pretty much what Peter wrote on the OP and by our chart, it's from Small Country to Continent+.

Well, I cannot see the picture in question, so it is hard for me to gauge which strength level class of armor that Iron Man was wearing at the time, and this is necessary for scaling purposes.

Yeah, NartuoForums seem to have their users keep their photos in private or something. I forgot what someone said of that and apparently, you may need to be a member there in order to see them.....i don't really know how it works like that.

There is a link of the comic of the armor that Iron Man was wearing, however?

Edit: Here.

Well, that is a much newer model than the class 85 one that fought Fin Fang Foom, but I do not know how much more raw power that it has. Perhaps it is a class 100 though? That would solve some of our scaling problems. However, the newer handbooks are more unspecific regarding the exact strength tier.

I find the high end to be more reasonable since the bomb was stated to be able to leave the coast into a crater, while the low end only uses a Nuke calculator.

We don't use nuke calculators unless nukes are actually involved, which I don't think is confirmed in this case so the low end is automatically not an option.

That said, Model 45 probably doesn't scale with most of newer models for the most part, as it is the only one with multiple arc reactors to power it and probably is Class 100 or higher in the Class 85 spectrum from that alone lest Marvel tries to be inconsistent.

SomebodyData said:
We don't use nuke calculators unless nukes are actually involved, which I don't think is confirmed in this case so the low end is automatically not an option.

That said, Model 45 probably doesn't scale with most of newer models for the most part, as it is the only one with multiple arc reactors to power it and probably is Class 100 or higher in the Class 85 spectrum from that alone lest Marvel tries to be inconsistent.
This

So, should we assume that it is of class 100, and scale other characters on that level accordingly?

More Iron Man edting, eh?

It looks too modern to be that of an older Iron Man suit. I'd put it among those of his Class 100 ones. What of SD's Idea of a key of this, tho?

Looks good. Would it be better if we make a new key like this:

Key: Pre-Extremis Armor|Extremis Armor, Bleeding Edge Armor, Model 45|Hulkbuster|Thorbuster

Bleeding Edge and Extremis are the same key as Model 45 because three of them are Class 100,

I am uncertain. Iron Man is listed as a level 6 in strength/power in the newer handbooks, but that goes from class 75 to class 100, so it is very unspecific. However, I think that it seems reasonable that such a newer model would be much higher than the class 85 old one that we currently scale him from.

Well, it might be best to simply list keys for the armors that we have calculated feats/statistics for: The red and silver class 70 armor that fought Terrax, the class 85 one that fought Fin Fang Foom, and the likely class 100 one that performed the new feat within this thread.

However, I am not good with remembering Iron Man's armor model names, so I would appreciate help with this.

Okay. I think that would make it model 8, model 9, and model 45 then.

Which result of this calculation was preferred and accepted by the OBD, btw?

Hmm. Ant, do you recall at least a few or so that are Class 100-ish that can scale to Tony/Iron Man here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back