• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Upgrade: Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh really? I recall you putting Thing on a lower Class level in the last Iron Man thread.

Eh, it's fine. Would like a hand on updating the appropriate characters from here tho......Weekly~

Well, according to the 1980s handbook, the Thing is class 85, and Rhino class 80, but the 1990s Master Edition placed them in class 90, as it was more unspecific. However, we have to use a less precise power-scaling, for practical purposes.

Anyway, Colossus and Namor were both listed as class 100 in the Master Edition.

Only Iron Man, Colossus, Namor, and likely Ultron, I think.

Well, for practical purposes, I would appreciate if somebody could insert statistics keys for the model 8, model 9, and model 45 versions of the Iron Man armor, with links to the relevant calculations.

(You can find the two old links in this page.)

That would be fine, yes, but I am too busy with the daily backlog to do so myself.

No, we use the high end of the actual calculation.

Given that this was done by a very experienced calculator, I think that it is best if we use the current version.

Never mind. I will try to update the Iron Man page properly.

Okay. I have now updated the pages Marvel Character Statistics Scaling, Iron Man (Marvel Comics), Namor (Marvel Comics), and Colossus (Marvel Comics).

However, we have a bit of a problem. With so many keys for Iron Man, I do not know how to rate all of his speed and lifting strength tiers, as we do not have exact measurements in this area for each of the mentioned armors. Hence, the Iron Man profile is currently incomplete in these areas.

In addition, I would appreciate if somebody could render and update the following image: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:Iron_Man_Armor_Model_36.jpg

Thanks to Dark649 for rendering the image. Anyway, like I mentioned, help with suggestions for how to solve the problem with the lifting strength amd speed keys would be appreciated.

Lifting Strength: "Unknow, very much higher than Class G+" (Uses a significantly superior armor to that of the Armor Model 8, has multiple arc reactors processing it)

Speed: Possibly Sub-Relativistic combat speed with armor, Hypersonic flight speed (Is capable of going Mach 10 in Sub-Warp Speed mode), FTL to an unknown degree in space flight speed (Warp speed mode was specifically designed for interplanetary travel), Higher overall with Saturn V extension armor

Key: Armor 45

Note:
Armors like the Bleeding Edge (At least according to Asyulus), also have multiple arc reactors, which should make it around the same AP and Durability wise, but lacks Saturn V and the various speed modes of Armor 45.

^This is what I could think of for Armor 45 for now, and I've noticed that this armor has slower flight speed in sub-warp mode than his normal flight speed with other armors. Do we take this as an inconsistency or do we assume it's to make way for Warp speed (Which kinda makes sense)

Also, I'll check up on Armor 9, though I doubt lifting strength and speed wise it'll be that much higher than Armor 8.

I honestly do not know much about the specifics of the different Iron Man armors, beyond the strength/power levels ratings, so I am not much help I'm afraid. Perhaps Matthew can help?

I really don't know that much about all Iron Man's different armors, but the general idea I have is that they each are meant to be superior in power to the previous one. Sorry if I cannot be of much help.

Continent level Iron Man looks fine, though;

I do not think we need the different tabbers or keys as tony only uses one amor which always him to morph into any of his previous armors he has made before

Well, the problem is that lifting strength and speed have 3 keys, and the other statistics have 5. It looks sloppy.

Should we only use the 6-A, High 5-A, and 4-B statistics after all?

Question: Why is Tony missing the +? The result is just under High 6-A and, looking back yet again by our current AP chart, he should have it as the high end is deep on the high end of 6-A.

I dunno about that, the profile feels kind incomplete without these suits (kinda like removing Goku's earlier stats and simply placing the stats of SSB instead), especially since so many other profiles scale to their feats.

We could always add the older armor tabs to feats and specify which armor they come from, to help with scaling tho.

@Cross, huh, that's a good question, we probably just forgot that's all.

SomebodyData said:
I dunno about that, the profile feels kind incomplete without these suits (kinda like removing Goku's earlier stats and simply placing the stats of SSB instead), especially since so many other profiles scale to their feats.
We could always add the older armor tabs to feats and specify which armor they come from, to help with scaling tho.

@Cross, huh, that's a good question, we probably just forgot that's all.
sounds like a pla

Yeah, you guys didn't take that bit into consideration. I mean when we're doing this, i at least try to check the AP char to see where it lands. If it's anywhere near the high end of a tier, we know it should be granted a plus. Isn't that what we're supposed to do when giving characters a + after a tier?

But yes, he should have it on there along with anyone that scales him to this armor.

@CrossverseCrisis Sorry. I forgot. Feel free to add the + sign to the profiles of Iron Man, Namor, Colossus, and Ultron.

Ultron's profile is really inaccurate I feel.

Vivi / Classic Game Guys once made a Respect Video for Ultron and showed all his instances of beating the entirety of the Avengers' with ease. I wanna research the character.

Well, his main assets are his sheer durability, and energy projection capabilities, not his physical strength.

His punch has been compared to the strikes of Mjolnir, and he has physically overpowered both Thor and Hulk on numerous occasions, so not really.

I do not recall that he has out-wrestled them. A much weaker version of the Hulk smashed a hole in him during the Secret Wars, but he won with energy blasts.

The 1980s Deluxe edition handbook placed him as class 15, and the 1990s Master edition at class 25. However, the current handbook has possibly upgraded him to class 100.

There was the Sokovia Avengers story, in which Thor was unable to cause damage however.

Ultron has consistent showings of being superior to the likes of angry Hulk and Thor in all his bodies. Ignoring all that because the Handbook says otherwise is dishonest and would be spreading false information.

Well, again, Marvel is the king of inconsistency in terms of power-scaling, which is why we use the handbooks and individual feats in combination.

Anyway, it is better if you post the scans directly within this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back