• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Invisible Woman Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose that changing the wording to "staggered She-Hulk" or "almost knocked out She-Hulk" could work as a compromise solution, but Qawsedf234 is correct in that more than one example of this tier would be preferable.

Dialogue clearly implies she does
It doesn't, since Sue remarks She-Hulk is tougher than she thought and even while being suffocated she crawls out of a giant hole.

It's not that difficult of a change either, just say "Can harm She-Hulk or "Notably staggered She-Hulk"". It's changing one sentence, not rewriting the profile.
I genuinely don't get this scrutiny, it's ridiculous
You don't get scrutizing characters that have been in print longer than the vast majority of the user base has been alive?

I'm going by consistency. If she went through a training arc and that's her only relevant feat before our cut off point, sure it's useable. But trying to fault me for being critical about a character with a single proposed justification that has existed for quite some time makes no sense.

It doesn't, since Sue remarks She-Hulk is tougher than she thought and even while being suffocated she crawls out of a giant hole.
And She-Hulk is stuttering about and crawling on the ground. Again, you're extending what is literally Jen's stamina feat, read the page, to somehow her durability. She's affected greatly.
It's not that difficult of a change either, just say "Can harm She-Hulk or "Notably staggered She-Hulk"". It's changing one sentence, not rewriting the profile.
And that erases an upscale. You're the one up in arms over it.
You don't get scrutizing characters that have been in print longer than the vast majority of the user base has been alive?
I am older than 10, shocking I know, and she only and these forcefields for ten years up to this point. You're spewing falsehoods and keep pounding on them, it literally isn't the duration you're claiming
I'm going by consistency. If she went through a training arc and that's her only relevant feat before our cut off point, sure it's useable. But trying to fault me for being critical about a character with a single proposed justification that has existed for quite some time makes no sense.
...no it's still dumb because you're not producing an antifeat, I said twice already she didn't have forcefields until the 70s and even then only once or twice she uses it offensively, at this point you're either not properly reading my arguments or you're doing it on purpose, and I am being fairly clear for it to not be the former.

You could even try claim any readership authority over it, you don't, you just say "character old", like, recognise that's completely an appeal to semantics there, man

Can't we just keep the Modern profile with maybe a note that after FF #284 Sue became more confident/powerful since I can attest that she really didn't use her powers offensively against name characters before the mid/late 80's, she would occasionally push fodder aside but that's about it, her main uses of her force fields were to create shields, create simple constructs or to contain opponents.

Can't we just keep the Modern profile with maybe a note that after FF #284 Sue became more confident/powerful since I can attest that she really didn't use her powers offensively against name characters before the mid/late 80's, she would occasionally push fodder aside but that's about it, her main uses of her force fields were to create shields, create simple constructs or to contain opponents.
we aren't arguing the removal of Modern key :V

It should also be noted that Sue didn't appear (even if she did appear she wasn't part of the action just as a supporting character for Reed) in comics for long gaps when Crystal and Medusa replaced her on the team before the 80's.

no it's still dumb because you're not producing an antifeat,
I agrees with the rating, I was examining my original point about being hesitant about the rating. It's why in that comment I said if that's her only offensive force field feat after an in-universe training thing it's fine to use.
And that erases an upscale
My issue wasn't over the at least rating. Just the wording of the justification.

again, we are :V
I thought you were going to add a 2-A rating for her blasting apart Celestial Armor on two occasions.

Okay. That is probably fine to apply then.

1. I'm glad her forcefields tanking Celestial blasts is finally being used.

2. Aren't Dr. Doom's forcefields stated on his profile to be tougher than her's?

His stuff being stronger should likely be removed. Seems like a one off statement to me. But if anything, it will scale to her very early history and not later down - since hers > doom for a long time now.

His stuff being stronger should likely be removed. Seems like a one off statement to me. But if anything, it will scale to her very early history and not later down - since hers > doom for a long time now.
Makes sense. Would be pretty weird for Doom to have stronger forcefields than the woman whose main power is to make force fields.

Sue stated an Aoe attack from Doom was more powerful than her force field not his force field. Sue has had multiple amps after that as well as her passive amping due to absorbing cosmic radiation from the atmosphere

Done, thanks y'all for helping.

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back