• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: The Infinite Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind, I thought that the other thread of what we are talking about, maybe a website bug I guess. Can be ignored.
I thought I sent it there instead, lol

Apologies

Last edited:
Never mind, I thought that the other thread of what we are talking about, maybe a website bug I guess. Can be ignored.
I thought I sent it there instead, lol

Apologies
Is it that LOTR thread with Eru?

If so, you must mistaken it for that one.

Granted, there is the Arceus’s CRT too.

Regardless of my mistake here, if we add a note or a clarification that @Eficiente has told me about it here, it would clear some misunderstanding.
I am talking about this one
The Universe is believed to be Boundless | Fantastic Four (1998) Annual 2001
They are at the beginnings of all things (as the scan says), ie the beginning of time, when Eternity was created. Who thought the universe to be boundless at the beginning of time? Nobody, because sentient living beings came later, then they thought the universe to be boundless, and were wrong, as it says there. The "is" in "There is/was an end" can also be taken in as "in the present", after Eternity was created to make the universe boundless, if so meaning that in the present there is an end to the universe even far after Eternity made it boundless.
“Our universe – thought to be boundless. But… As with all things, there is/was an end. (He said that at the edge of Eternity) In response, Eternity was created. And where one Eternity would ensure a boundless universe-- --A Multi-Eternity would ensure a boundless multiverse.”

The universe always has an end/limit, Eternity always makes it boundless by continuously increasing its limits. One thing doesn't remove the other, otherwise, there wouldn't be people who wrongly thought the universe to be boundless, and it wouldn't have an end to their present.

So would something like the following draft text be acceptable to add to our Marvel Comics verse page? And if so, would somebody here be willing to embed links to the relevant scans within it afterwards please?

"We consider the part of the Marvel universe that is possible for characters to travel within to have been proven to be finite, and to at the very least have a radius of 1 trillion lightyears.

This is due to that it has very explicitly been established to have a border called The Crunch, to have a center that Thanos was once transported to after being deprived of a cosmic cube, and to have been reduced to 1/10th of its original size during the Reckoning War storyline.

However, given the many, but unproven and recurrently likely allegorical, statements regarding that the entirety of the universe as a whole is infinite, we consider the complete universal space-time continuum to be literally endless in all spatial directions."

(I may have forgotten the exact established size above, so feel free to correct it in that case.)
I still maintain all of my arguments earlier in this thread regarding the part of the universal continuum that characters can travel in to be much more convincingly proven to be finite. However, I have no problem with compromising by stating that the spatial directions continue to infinity beyond that.
They are at the beginnings of all things (as the scan says), ie the beginning of time, when Eternity was created. Who thought the universe to be boundless at the beginning of time? Nobody, because sentient living beings came later, then they thought the universe to be boundless, and were wrong, as it says there. The "is" in "There is/was an end" can also be taken in as "in the present", after Eternity was created to make the universe boundless, if so meaning that in the present there is an end to the universe even far after Eternity made it boundless.

It's not easy to get at first.
So how do you think that we should adjust the wording of my suggestion more specifically?
@Dread @Kulf_Boba @Eficiente @Eseseso @Firestorm808 @Maverick_Zero_X @Newendigo @Vasco @Stefano4444 @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer @Hellbeast @XSOULOFCINDERX @Hasty12345 @Lightning_XXI @NHTkenshin2 @KLOL506 @NaturalDestroyer

Is my suggested solution here acceptable for you?

I am still going with Ant's suggestion of the observable portion being finite 1-trillion-light years in diameter and the void surrounding it being infinite. And that we should be more strict and thorough about when we consider this infinite void being traversed. We should prolly make some criteria in this case when this happens, like the wording involved or somesuch, which would certainly ease up finding out who qualifies for infinite speed in those cases.

Thank you for the support. Would this slight adjustment be fine?

"We consider the part of the Marvel universe that is possible for characters to travel within to have been proven to be finite, and to at the very least have a radius of 1 trillion lightyears.

This is due to that it has very explicitly been established to have a border called The Crunch, to have a center that Thanos was once transported to after being deprived of a cosmic cube, and to have been reduced to 1/10th of its original size during the Reckoning War storyline.

However, given the many, but unproven and recurrently likely allegorical, statements regarding that the entirety of the universe as a whole is infinite, we also consider the complete universal space-time continuum to be literally endless in all spatial directions via the void that should logically surround The Crunch border."

Last edited:
It is fine as long as you add the references at the end. So people can see it and check themselves. Also, change the term “endless” to “infinite”. More fitting in my opinion. The nothingness surrounding is infinite.
I handled the wording change.

Is somebody else willing to find all of the exact issue references please? In worst case I can handle it though, except for the ones for Thanos and the Marvel universe being at least 1 trillion lightyears in radius.

It is fine as long as you add the references at the end. So people can see it and check themselves. Also, change the term “endless” to “infinite”. More fitting in my opinion. The nothingness surrounding is infinite.
"endless" and "infinite" are literally the same thing tho, "having no end" or "having no limit". It doesn't matter which one sounds more badass because at the end of the day they mean the same thing, anyone saying otherwise is blatantly denying the English language.

But whatever, as long as everyone gets the intention and the meaning across.

Well, I originall used the word "endless" instead of "infinite" because it sounds a bit unimaginative and basic to use the same word several times in the same sentence.

Thank you for the support. Would this slight adjustment be fine?

However, given the many, but unproven and recurrently likely allegorical, statements regarding that the entirety of the universe as a whole is infinite, we also consider the complete universal space-time continuum to be literally infinite in all spatial directions via the void that should logically surround The Crunch border."
Totally agree with Antvasima.

"endless" and "infinite" are literally the same thing tho, "having no end" or "having no limit". It doesn't matter which one sounds more badass because at the end of the day they mean the same thing, anyone saying otherwise is blatantly denying the English language.

But whatever, as long as everyone gets the intention and the meaning across.
Well, I originall used the word "endless" instead of "infinite" because it sounds a bit unimaginative and basic to use the same word several times in the same sentence.
I am cognizant that both terms have no significant difference, but in terms of size description, in my opinion “infinite” has more value for better understanding.
But I am fine with both.

I agree with your suggestion.
Thank you to you as well.
I am cognizant that both terms have no significant difference, but in terms of size description, in my opinion “infinite” has more value for better understanding.
But I am fine with both.
Okay. I will change back the second "infinite" in the relevant sentence to "endless" then.

Is somebody here willing to find the issue references for the Marvel universe being at least 1 trillion lightyears in radius and Thanos ending up in the center of the universe after using a cosmic cube please?

Ant’s suggestion makes sense to me.
Is somebody here willing to find the issue references for the Marvel universe being at least 1 trillion lightyears in radius and Thanos ending up in the center of the universe after using a cosmic cube please?
In Avengers (Vol. 8) #26 Starbrand’s Cosmic Awareness senses things as far as 1 trillion light-years away. Not sure about the Thanos one.

Thank you very much for the help.

The Crunch is from Thanos issues #7-12 2004, Annihilation: Prologue (2006), Annihilation #1 (2006), and Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #2 (2007).

The Marvel universe having been reduced to 1/10th of its original size was established during the Reckoning War event, but I do not recall which exact issues.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Reckoning_War

Investigation help would be very appreciated.

Also, can somebody investigate Thanos being stranded in the middle of the Marvel universe please?

If i understand correctly, we will agree that the Marvel's universe its spatially infinite, however the characters that can travel across it will only be consider to have fly across finite distances?
Only for those characters that do not fully traverse the infinite void or their statements don't involve the entirety of the universe via some way or other.

Yap, and this is much commonsensical and as far veracious to the scaling. If there are some issues with some evidence that may sound suspicious, we will give a possibly rating for infinite speed.

How about if I insert this text into our Marvel Comics verse page then?

"We consider the part of the Marvel universe that is possible for characters to travel within to have been proven to be finite, and to at the very least have a radius of 1 trillion lightyears.<ref name="Starbrand">Avengers #26 (2019)</ref>

This is due to that it has very explicitly been established to have a border called The Crunch,<ref name="The Crunch">Thanos issues #7-12 (2004); Annihilation: Prologue (2006); Annihilation #1 (2006); Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #2 (2007)</ref> to have a center that Thanos was once transported to after being deprived of a cosmic cube,<ref name="Center of the universe">Warlock #10 (1975)</ref> and to have been reduced to 1/10th of its original size during the Reckoning War storyline.<ref name="Reckoning War">Fantastic Four: Reckoning War Alpha #1 (2022); Fantastic Four #40-45 (2022); Reckoning War: Trial of the Watcher #1 (2022)</ref>

However, given the many, but unproven and recurrently likely allegorical, statements regarding that the entirety of the universe as a whole is infinite, we also consider the complete universal space-time continuum to be literally endless in all spatial directions via the void that should logically surround The Crunch border."

Last edited:
However, where in the verse page is it best if I insert that text, and should it be a new section with a new title, or part of an already existing section?

How about if I insert this text into our Marvel Comics verse page then?

"We consider the part of the Marvel universe that is possible for characters to travel within to have been proven to be finite, and to at the very least have a radius of 1 trillion lightyears.<ref name="Starbrand">Avengers #26 (2019)</ref>

This is due to that it has very explicitly been established to have a border called The Crunch,<ref name="The Crunch">Thanos issues #7-12 (2004); Annihilation: Prologue (2006); Annihilation #1 (2006); Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #2 (2007)</ref> to have a center that Thanos was once transported to after being deprived of a cosmic cube,<ref name="Center of the universe">Warlock #10 (1975)</ref> and to have been reduced to 1/10th of its original size during the Reckoning War storyline.<ref name="Reckoning War">Fantastic Four: Reckoning War Alpha #1 (2022); Fantastic Four #40-45 (2022); Reckoning War: Trial of the Watcher #1 (2022)</ref>

Yes, I would be good if it is inserted in the verse page.

"galaxy and low multiversal" section seems to serve different purpose entirely than the topic of this thread (inconsistencies among characters and standards to scale them rather than anything related to cosmology), so different section makes sense imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back