• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: Scarlet Witch (HOM) Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yeah, I forgot to think, about this but Wanda get the ap low 1-c from the opposite action which opposite action is to remove the power mutants and bring back.

Wanda will get a low 1-c ap, is that a bit exaggerated?
My opposite action was simply to address your intial OP argument that, two forces being opposite isnโ€™t a good enough argument to claim that they are not equivalent.

As it stands, The marvel comic depicted the phoenix and chaos magic as being balanced with each other, with the ying and yang sign, a common human concept. And not to mention we have a statement of tony claiming they they are both powerful together.

This is enough evidence to claim they share equivalence in power.

To suggest that they donโ€™t, youd have to provide an example that shows that chaos magic is not equal to power to the phoenix.

My opposite action was simply to address your intial OP argument that, two forces being opposite isnโ€™t a good enough argument to claim that they are not equivalent.

As it stands, The marvel comic depicted the phoenix and chaos magic as being balanced with each other, with the ying and yang sign, a common human concept. And not to mention we have a statement of tony claiming they they are both powerful together.

This is enough evidence to claim they share equivalence in power.

To suggest that they donโ€™t, youd have to provide an example that shows that chaos magic is not equal to power to the phoenix.
If duality is strong and weak but both are opposites. And you're saying they both have the same ap?
I think it's the ability not the character's ap ๐Ÿ˜

The entire event wasn't talking about power, it's all about destruction and rebirth mainly talking about the mutants race, chaos magic erased the mutants and Phoenix can bring them back according to scott summers. This is mainly what Tony was talking about based on the story that's why he used the yin and yang analogy not about AP or anything that would make them truly equivalent to each other.
Even according to Scott summers the main reason of the phoenix coming was to revive the mutants race, cause the chaos magic erased most of them, This is nothing about both battling each other and wasn't even shown just Chaos erased most mutants and Phoenix acting as a counter force to revive the mutant after causing destruction which is stated by Scott summers.

If duality is strong and weak but both are opposites. And you're saying they both have the same ap?
I think it's the ability not the character's ap ๐Ÿ˜
Strong and weak can be a duality, but in this case, we have knowledgeable character claiming that they are both powerful.

My point was that opposites can have equivalent power, not that they always do or always dont.

I would suggest removing the Low 1-C part of her HOM Key, except IIRC her HoM key scales above her "normal" key, which has a Low 1-C maximum for fighting the abstract being known as Chaos, and for seemingly erasing the Phoenix Force from existence alongside Hope Summers.
if this is true, then she gets low 1-c in the HOM key regardless

Well, it seems more like a supporting feat as I agree that it seems much more like range than raw power.

I agree with the reasoning, but I know very little about Wanda in general, so if this doesn't change her tier but the reasoning is still sound, then we should change the justification to reflect that.

I agree with the reasoning, but I know very little about Wanda in general, so if this doesn't change her tier but the reasoning is still sound, then we should change the justification to reflect that.
That seems reasonable to me.

Is somebody here willing to help out with that please?

That seems reasonable to me.

Is somebody here willing to help out with that please?
I would still very much appreciate some help with applying this change.

@Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @Ehnkr2beboh @Elizio33 @LordTracer @MarvelFanatic119 @catzlaflame @Gasper @Maverick_Zero_X @Lightning_XXI @Deagonx @Vasco @Eseseso @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer @Alonik @LuciferX @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Tllmbrg @Dark-Carioca @ObberGobb

Avengers (2018) 51#
image.png

Show that Hom is superior Base. but if true, she'll only get tier 2-A.

if the thread ends. can you add new key such as Post HoM. and that scan is reason for new key to her get tier 2-a.
Isnt she already by definition? Amped by Life force isnt that enough of an argument?

I don't know how credible this is both Thor and Wanda with also help from Avengers and X-men could barely pull a win against 1/5 phoenix force Namor. But it's been constantly believed Wanda can damage the phoenix.
The point is they at some point had the power to do so also i think thats a weak argument Thor fought the phoenix during the phoenix tornament together with a few avengers and they were doing just fine. Can we really go by low ends when Thor has many inconsistent levels because of "limits himself"? You could say Thor choose not to kill Namor.

Isnt she already by definition? Amped by Life force isnt that enough of an argument?
Please show scan, if Wanda combining with Life force makes Wanda more powerful. IIRC it's makes you one with the creator only.

Edit: Sorry. I didn't read her profile in detail. my fault.

Last edited:
Please show scan, if Wanda combining with Life force makes Wanda more powerful. IIRC it's makes you one with the creator only
What? You would have to prove she become weaker after being amped because as far as we know Hom Wanda is at least as powerful as her base self, so unless you have any scan proving she somehow lost part of her base powers when she was amped then she is at least as powerful as base self.
Her wiki paga already let's clear by stating in her "when amplified by the life force" key
"All previous abilities enchanced to an exponentially greater extent"

I don't know how credible this is both Thor and Wanda with also help from Avengers and X-men could barely pull a win against 1/5 phoenix force Namor. But it's been constantly believed Wanda can damage the phoenix.
Thor has the Odinforce nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back