• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - Cosmology Upgrade

I still think that rating the Negative Zone that high seems far too inconsistent with how it is generally portrayed as an anti-universe filled with extremely hostile three-dimensional creatures.

Anyway, I am definitely still in favour of splitting Marvel's cosmology to before and after when Reed Richards recreated the Marvel multiverse with the Ultimate Nullifier during the Abraxas story in the early 2000s, as I think was accepted during The_Impress' old revision thread for splitting the Marvel cosmology, if I do not misremember.

It was roughly when Joe Quesada started hiring people who made very drastic changes to the tone and content of the stories, and had very different approaches to the cosmology as a whole, so it acts more as a convenient era shift that works better than saying Pre-Quesada and Post-Quesada.

I still think that rating the Negative Zone that high seems far too inconsistent with how it is generally portrayed as an anti-universe filled with extremely hostile three-dimensional creatures.

Anyway, I am definitely still in favour of splitting Marvel's cosmology to before and after when Reed Richards recreated the Marvel multiverse with the Ultimate Nullifier during the Abraxas story in the early 2000s, as I think was accepted during The_Impress' old revision thread for splitting the Marvel cosmology, if I do not misremember.
Once again you are commenting disconnectedly with sophistry, there is enough evidence there to show that in any era of any writer the Negative Zone is at the very least High 1-B, but supposedly because you read 2 chapters of some run without even understanding the whole, they are just 3-D structures based on what you said.

The cosmology is separated into more than two phases, and is still consistently High 1-B. Anyhow, that's why both Marvel and DC Comics are a mess on this forum, most staff who don't understand anything, and like in your case, which is what has happened in several threads in the past, don't even read the material, and just keep saying what you want, and then send the excuse that "you're too busy, and don't have time to evaluate all the scans dumped in the blog".

For the record, I have read many thousand Marvel comicbooks over the years, and the Negative Zone and its denizens, including Blastaar and Annihilus, who are supposedly among the most powerful beings within it, has never been portrayed at the scale that you claim in any of them, but I will ask some members whose expertise I trust to help out here, so we will see if anything happens.

Asgard, which is one of the infinitesimally small dimensions in the universe, is outside of a group of infinite dimensions that exist in an infinite number of mathematical dimensions, which easily makes it extraordinary. If one infinitesimal plane is outversal, imagine the infinite number of outversal dimensions in the Marvel universe. A universe in Marvel is easily Extraversal.
I find it difficult to interpret these scans in the context of spatial dimensions. The text says "He decided it was time to investigate an odd thing he'd noticed about the universe. Namely that it was many-layered, composed of seemingly endless dimensions, indeed, it is a multiverse." and then travels to various realms. This appears to very clearly indicate that the word "dimensions" refers to realms, not spatial dimensions. I am assuming "spatial" was your intended meaning of "mathematical" dimensions.

The following scan says "infinite dimensional gulfs" which I suppose could be spatial dimensions, but again this interpretation seems somewhat counter-intuitive. With regard to the earlier scans, it seems like these gulfs are referring to the infinite realms, not spatial dimensions.

The Dark Dimension is one of the Dimensions in the universe, and has an infinite number of dimensions within it. The dimensions within the Dark Dimension were enormous, each one endlessly boundless. This alone makes the Dark Dimension multiversal in size. The Dark Dimension is also beyond the concept of space and time, which makes it a level of Complex Multiverse in size.
I can't cosign this assessment either. It seems to be referring to realms that Dormammu has absorbed into the dark dimension, and "beyond the concept of space and time" seems like a really generous assessment. The text says "Exists in a void of time and the laws of physics. Any light there is cold; it can be seen but it doesn't radiate energy." This doesn't read like transcendence to me at all. The Dark Dimension has an unfamiliar nature (time doesn't pass) but if there's light there and people can go there without issue, that seems like all it is.

The dimensions in the scan are definitely not spatial. "The dimensions of infinity are endless. You could never hope to find him" "There are dimensions without end in this universe, and none can know which one will claim Dr Strange." This is definitely realms, why would a specific single spatial dimension claim Dr Strange? Why would Dormammu be able to "hide" in other spatial dimensions?

Yup, the Marvel universe is definitely extraversal in size.
These atoms aren't universal in size. They're literally infinitely small.

And a planet in Marvel is outversal, because it's platonic.
This is extremely unsupported even by the scans given.

I really don't feel like the scans support anything qualitatively beyond an infinite multiverse.

Thank you for helping out, Deagonx. Our main issue here seems to be the scale of The Negative Zone.

Back