• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
1. Pre-AoU Hulk's Thunder Clap was able to cause a sonic boom. Scales to nearly everyone.

2. Hela was able to catch Thor's hammer, and Hulk reacted to it in the Avengers. Hela also reacted, albeit over-time, to Thor's lightning. They should get MHS ratings.

3. Hela has jumped into the light of the Bifrost and intercepted Thor and Loki, making her MFTL+.

Most likely representation. Even taking MFTL+ speed out of consideration, we don't know why Hela was able to move faster in the Bifrost than Thor and Loki.

Actually Pre-AoU Hulk reacting to Mjolnir might not be legit, because if so, barely superhuman characters like Captain America would scale.

I am still retaining my stance about what I said earlier.

"If I'm being honest, I don't think Mjolnirs speed is always constant. He can make it turn, change directions and that too to an extent of complete 180 degrees and that obviously means the hammer stops momentarily, hence change of speed. Mjolnirs speed changes according to Thors will. Saying that it 'always' flies at its maximum speed would be fallacious imo.

It should be determined on a case by case basis."

Regarding 3, it's not an outlier. As Ant said, it's mis-interpretation.

Speed is relative. Thor, Loki and Hela reacting to each other inside a spaceship doesn't mean they scale to the speed of spaceship. Same with bifrost.

1. So... Transonic combat speed. Hmm. Makes sense, since iirc, Abomination caught a missile that got calced at Subsonic+. The upgrade didn't go anywhere though.

2. Catching the hammer, unless it was flying to/from space won't be MHS, unless it has been agreed upon when I wasn't looking. If it is, can anyone link me to it?

3. Me running from car to car in a moving train won't make me faster than the train. If anything, that only shows that Hela has some degree of flight or what resembles it.

Oh, and what do you guys think of this? Yeah, or nah?

Surtur mcu

1. Ok

2. I'm not sure, what I know is it is listed on Thor's profile that he has MHS throwing speed. You can ask Matthew Schroeder, I believe he edited the page.

3. Two people on a motorcycles, if one shoots back with a gun we would have to add the speed of movement of the person and the one of the bullet, if the person behind throws forward we have to subtract (more or less so)

1) I think Hulk's Thunderclap grants him Transonic Attack speed, but since characters can't really dodge it, I don't think it can scale to Combat speed, possibly Reaction speed at most.

2) I agree with Gemmy that, unless there is a way to determine the hammer was using its space traveling speed it wouldn't really be the MHS calc.

3) I also agree with Gemmy that fight within the Bifrost is akin to fighting within a train for normal humans, and speed does not scale.

The hammer's throwing speed is roughly equal to Quicksilver anyway, who's MHS. And isn't the thunderclap combat speed, since Hulk's moving his arms?

Sonic booms are definitely created due to speed.

But I was always under the impression that Hulk's thunderclap produces shock wave instead of sonic boom, which should be an effect of AP as it's produced after Hulk strikes his hands together, not because he moves his hand really fast.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
The hammer's throwing speed is roughly equal to Quicksilver anyway, who's MHS. And isn't the thunderclap combat speed, since Hulk's moving his arms?
I don't think Pietro can run that fast in a confined environment like that, not to mention the twists and turns that he has to move in. He tends to run at highway speeds for the most part too.

I don't think 3 is an outlier, hela, is supposed to get stronger the longer she's on Asgard, additionally she's never pushed beyond casual, in the film. Until Surtur arrives, where she trys but gives up.

Transonic, MHS and lightspeed are hilariously far apart. Casual as she is, if she had that high reflexes, she won't even be hit at all.

Once we have footage of Thor vs Hela I'm pretty confident we'll reach MHS speed.

Also Ragnarok shows that Thor can control Mjolnir in mid-air. During his fight with Surtur he makes Mjolnir perform many quick and sharp turns, halts it in mid-air, and has Mjolnir spin around him forming a protective shield essentially.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Anyway shouldn't Thor have MHS+ attack speed for shooting lightning?
Definitely

Why is the MHS catching feat coming up again and again with no one giving links to the thread it was agreed upon? Last I remember, it was hot dispute and none else.

I agree with Transonic because iirc, Abomination has a Subsonic+ feat. MHS+ lightning for Thor is good too.

Yes, most media have to depict extreme levels of superhuman speed in a manner that the audience can follow for the sake of story convenience. This is irrelevant for our purposes though.

...This thread is for speed...not AP. What's the point in bringing up a feat that's already been calced, accepted and added in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back