• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired

The above listed blog goes into detail on the subject of the revision, and discussion on it is to be focused here.

In summary, the blog aims to revise scaling standards to the current 4-Bs within Marvel Comics, effectively downgrading a majority of the verse.

Points to resolve right now are:
*Validity of the matter presented within the blog.
*Characters who do or do not fall within the criteria to scale to 4-Bs

We've discussed this ad nauseum for about a week now, and I think all the kinks have been worked out. I fully support these changes.

I glanced through a few of the scans and had problems with some of them initially, but I more or less agree with the sentiment of the revision. I'll probably have a more solid reply later.

I agree with most of this minus things like 5-A Gamora and other stuff that I'm not knowledgeable on, looks suspicious to me but I remain neutral.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, from what I remember of the blog that I read earlier.

Anyhow just for the base standards being proposed, who agrees with them, and who disagrees (preferably with reason as to how)

I'd looked through this yesterday and argued some character stuff should be different from a previous edition, but it seems fine now.

I feel Zark knows my input on this already but I'll just say it anyway

While I'd say there's a lot more discussion needed to properly sort out each individual character, I completely agree with the base proposal being presented here, so you have my go ahead on that subject specifically.

So my issues with some of the mentioned scaling
  • Juggernaut: There's no indication that he doesn't scale to 4-B when he has Cyttorak. He's physically matched amped Hulks and one of his more famous fights is going against Thor and nearly winning.
  • Red She-Hulk: Her scaling at all to WB Hulk is incorrect. The entire story arc was her fulling her own wish to make Banner happy, which gave her an amp in order to battle WB Hulk forever in the Dark Dimension. After the story arc there's never been an indication that she's on a serious Hulk's level from what I remember. Even if you want to discount all of the wish thing, it was noted by Banner that she had enough rage to match his own and she let it all out, something that's not typical for her power.
  • She-Hulk: His first key is based on scaling to an amped version of a character who fought an amped version of a character who stomped She-Hulk, despite only fighting Red She-Hulk when she was unamped. In other words its not a good key justification.

Other stuff looks fine at the moment

I agree with a lot of this but I've due have some concerns.

1. I don't see a point in giving characters like Silver Surfer and Thor (or anyone whose actually one level with them) 5-A ratings because they hold back. They are essentially big fish in a small pond. Just because they hold back as to not cause severe amounts of collateral damage or death, doesn't mean we should rate them weaker. As characters who define 4-B, they can preform 5-A feats like nothing. Them holding back is simply a weakness that should be noted in their profiles to explain their struggles with far weaker characters. It's little different from Superman, who holds back tremendously.

2. Juggernaut should definitely have a variable tier. His power waxes and wanes with Cyttorak's favor, something that Cyttorak has stated a few different occasions. He's even called Colossus a better host due to Colossus always getting into fights unlike Cain, whose criminal activity and mindset forced him to hide for long periods of time or would go good for a while. So, he should be similar to Hulk in terms of tiering. That goes for Colossus as well during his time as Juggernaut.

3. I agree with Qawsedf234 about She-Hulk and Red She-Hulk.

I'll wait for more input and other perspectives before commenting further. Also, just to note, I'm back at my job now. So my time is gonna be more limited compared to last several months due to having balance free time, work and school. It may take me a while to respond to anything.

Characters again, could be discussed after the standards have been properly written.

Though yes I do agree with C2's proposal of Juggernaut and Qawsedf's proposal of Red She-Hulk and She-Hulk

Also their holding back is moreso like Super Saiyan forms, where Surfer and Thor usually have some dramatic effects for them powering up.

Even then I think because people aren't... the smartest, it's better to just list it for scaling purposes, as a majority of their cast would be turned tierless then.

I agree with the assessment of Red She-Hulk as well, although the Juggernaut only almost defeated Thor when the latter was badly weakened. In a later fight by the same writer, after Thor negated Juggernaut's forcefield, Juggernaut was badly outmatched.

Also their holding back is moreso like Super Saiyan forms, where Surfer and Thor usually have some dramatic effects for them powering up.

Even then I think because people aren't... the smartest, it's better to just list it for scaling purposes, as a majority of their cast would be turned tierless then.
Agreed.

I can't help but notice Thanos isn't in the blog
Anyone who isn't in the blog is not getting their statistics changed within the base proposal.

Also currently a Bureaucrat, 3 Admins, 3 Discussion Moderators, 3 Knowledgeable Members and many members and verse supporters have agreed to the base standards listed on the blog, so I think adding the base standards to the Power Scaling rules for Marvel and DC Comics OR the Marvel Comics verse page is fine?

I agree with the assessment of Red She-Hulk as well, although the Juggernaut only almost defeated Thor when the latter was badly weakened. In a later fight by the same writer, after Thor negated Juggernaut's forcefield, Juggernaut was badly outmatched.
Somebody will have to mention that Red She-Hulk only kept up with the Worldbreaker Hulk because of a magic wish in a footnote in her profile page btw.

I think not Power-Scaling as of now, that will require a similiar CRT on DC's end, for the time being I can format the wording and add it under an Explanation section within the Verse Page itself

Okay. That seems fine to me.

Please remember to inform me about any further Marvel and DC Comics revisions btw.

K, I'll add it today-ish

I think I informed of this revision a long while back to the wiki, because I distinctly remember KLOL being in support of it.

Okay. Please write a list of the EXACT titles for the wiki pages that you need unlocked for editing here, so my automated script can handle it.

Nothing I need unlocked, actually.

This is just going on the verse page.

Okay. So you won't apply the revisions to widespread character statistics yet?

Yes, because that is to be discussed right now.

Okay everyone now we can discuss individual character queries as to who scales or not with the accepted standards now live on the verse page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back