• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
1. This has already been done and it's only a month old.

2. He ain't a rip off if he's superior.

3. Martian Manhunter can't mind screw him via the void and in the end his speed simply delays the inevitable as he can never kill Sentry.

Anyway, Sentry wins and kills him with Matter Manipulation

Sentry being Superman ripoff is an old joke. And ripoff has nothing to do with superior or inferior, it's about which character was made earlier and then the concept was copied

By that logic Henry Ford ripped off Benz.

I'm afraid we have two different definitions of rip off. IMO a rip off is the exact same idea with minimal difference, Sentry is better in every possible way except for speed which only serves to have a loss on Supes's profile instead of it being a stomp.

What has ripoff being has to do with being stronger? You can steal a song and remake it to be better, it's still a copy. And as I said, Sentry being Superman ripoff is an old joke in comic community, which you don't know I assume. Anyway, we're getting off topic here

Oh I know, hence the semi-serious-but-for-the-most-part-sarcastic banter between you and I.

No, I'd say it's not a ripoff if the song is better.

However you're right, we are off topic.

Vote?

EDIT: Oh crap....I just realized MM has no resistance to matter manipulation OR Reality Warping...Unlike Supes

But can the sentry do that before mm telepathy makes sentry unstable / rekts his mind because mm telepathy is way superior

I make the assumption you missed the part where I mentioned the void where people can't enter his mind unless you want to be trapped in eternal black.

TLDR No it's shit compared to Sentry's abilities.

mm has way better tp feats then sentry. Also you can't say sentry is completely immune to any and all telepathy regardless of how strong it is.

No I can't, but when Sentry quite literally has a void in his brain that will transport someone who inhabits it into an air of black, to say MM can just magically get through that you also can't say.

Also mind resistance =/= telepathy.

Well yeah someone could have very good mind resistance and no tp. But what are sentry feats of tanking tp?

All of them are in his page.

I doubt MMs telepathy is as good as Doctor Starnge, who's illusions and telepathy got restated by Sentry.

I know the Avengers mentioned how he kind mind attack all of them including Thor, but I can't find a scan.

It's nothing Sentry can't handle even if it is slightly stronger, given how easily he resisted Strange

Gargoyle 1 said:
How does he compare to Strange?
Atom can connect to the Overmonitor's mind with his quantum sense. AP wise Atom is as strong as classic doctor strange.

I don't think speed would be much of a factor here. It depends on whether MM can overpower Sentry with TP.

The void is a dark force whose powers come from the negative zone that inhabitants sentry's mind, its constanlty trying to take over sentry's and sentry has to fight him off mentally whenever the void decides to take over his mind

I think that's one of his PIS moments honestly, because I'm pretty sure a interdimensional being is resistant or straight out immune against a simple "hax" from a solar system level charater

Martian Manhunter has also Mind Controlled cosmic characters like Vishnu. His telepathy is completely broken. He has soloed Justice League numerous times without much effort

It's no more PIS than Sentry's feats against Molecule Man. Both are feats that play off the character's strengths and power sets. Multiple instances of broken mind control, just means he has broken mind control. I don't see anything questionable here, other than saying The Void, and making that an argument, unless he reisisted telepathy of that magnitude.if he has, I will ammend my opinion.

Voting Martian Manhunter now. He will read Sentry's mind, see what danger he is in with regards to a physical confrontation, and then take control.

Back