• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario's age?.....idk

Yes we know how old his games are like for instance:

Mario is 34 in gaming years today, but he has the exact same look from the beginning.

Also in SMG1 the story says Every one hundred years, shining stardust falls on the mushroom kingdom http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Galaxy

Then in SMG2 another 100 years happened again http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Galaxy_2

So is mario 100 years old? 200? Idk. Maybe Unknown? is Mario even human? Who knows?

Well Ash Ketchum is clearly human but he's been 10 for 15 years+ (real world time) now.

The universe resets at the end of SMG1, so the same festival happens at the beginning of SMG2.

I don't know what Rosalina was expecting.

well the only verification for Marios age is from super smash bros melee (japans version) which hints at Marios age being 26

Mario is 26. However since he has 1-Up copies I think it's safe to assume he doesn't age.

Marionaruto1 said:
well the only verification for Marios age is from super smash bros melee (japans version) which hints at Marios age being 26
Smash bros doesn't count for Nintendo characters

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Marionaruto1 said:

It's the only real source we have though, and it is made by Nintendo

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Marionaruto1 said:
the trophies from the game can be used as canon source material since the creators of the game are the only ones that write and approve the description on the trophies.

IMO here's Mario's bio

Born in the Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi's Island and Partners in Time happens

Moved to Brooklyn at a young age (hence him not remembering the Kingdom)

Back to the Kingdom

LordXcano said:
IMO here's Mario's bio

Back to the Kingdom
Hmm im not certain the Brooklyn is canon

I think Nintendo just doesn't give a toss where Mario's from, or about Mario lore in general. They prefer to leave the toss-giving to the fans.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
LordXcano said:
IMO here's Mario's bio

Back to the Kingdom
Hmm I'm not certain the Brooklyn is canon
Brooklyn is canon since that's where donkey kong/94, wrecking crew, and Mario bros take place before Mario goes to the mushroom kingdom.

Hmm I'm not certain the Brooklyn is canon

Brooklyn is canon since that's where donkey kong/94, wrecking crew, and Mario bros take place before Mario goes to the mushroom kingdom.

I know that im wondering his age since he doesn't age at all. It was a minor type fail

Mario is considered 26 physically, tho I forgot how 100 years had to have passed for Star Bits to fly again, so either this is a plot fail, or Mario is OLD. Probably the former.

or you know Mario's just lucky that in his lifetime the star festival just happened since the game specifically says Shimmering stardust falls on the Mushroom Kingdom once a century. That time had come again..." pretty sure Mario was naturally just lucky to be born when the star festival was going to happen in his lifetime.

I mean, note that Mario doesn't seem to have aged a day even though the Donkey Kong he fought in '81 is all old and wrinkly now. I know the average lifespan of a gorilla is only about 40 years, but still.

pretty sure Mario grew older from donkey kong cranky kong may have been in his late 20s during the timeline since there was a donkey kong child with Mario during his baby years. thus growing into 26 as of now

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Alradion said:
Mario is Star Child, and don't human.
Not human? Because the world that they live in is nothing like earth especially when they showed it in the end of SMG1

The world we live although it may seem, is not Earth , you can see it clearly at the start of Super Mario Galaxy . It is a much smaller planet than Earth.

Alradion said:
NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Alradion said:
Mario is Star Child, and don't human.
Not human? Because the world that they live in is nothing like earth especially when they showed it in the end of SMG1

The world we live although it may seem, is not Earth , you can see it clearly at the start of Super Mario Galaxy . It is a much smaller planet than Earth.
its actually bigger than u think...

Back