• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulo.junior.969 said:
Yeah, that's why I'm voting inconclusive, I have no idea which one is going to land a hit first, Mario could simply throw a fireball.

I think Twilight casting a spell on Mario is gonna take a short time thna a fireball under speed equalized. since her only requires line of sight an essentially thought.

and to bring it up, Twilight is able to negate certain shapeshifting, being classified as power nullifcation, would Mario's powerups that transform him count as such?

Cause if she COULD she make it so he would have no method of flying after her an she could gain range advantage through flight.

By the way,i noticed in super Mario odyssey,Mario has an invisible hat which makes him invisible with basically unlimited time,but ITS NOT 100% invisible,the shadow of Mario is still visible,its called invisible hat.

This should be added to Mario profile.

dammit stop brining up Mario Odyssey stuff up so bluntly!

If you absolutely must link to it so I can keep myself from being spoiled in my own damn thread made before its release.

yes plese, I'd like to experience what seems to be one of the best Mario to come out in awhile on my own terms while still being ablr to enjoy this site as a frequent user.

Can't wait to play it funny this thread was made when both characters were about to get new material just a funny coincidence I noticed

Also, how is my reasoning extremely flawed? Apparently, the vanish cap gives the same powers, and that arguement is fine.

Noahkaismith said:
Dude, can you even "spoil" a Mario game? You already know the basic plot. Bowser kidnaps Peach, and Mario saves her. Shocker.

theres more than just "plot" to a game.

Noahkaismith said:
Also, how is my reasoning extremely flawed? Apparently, the vanish cap gives the same powers, and that arguement is fine.
yeah the problem is no one brought that as their main reason for why Mario would win.

Noahkaismith said:
Yeah, there's gameplay mechanics. Spoilers! Mario has a magic hat. Oh, and he jumps on stuff.

WORLDS, powers, enemies, tons of stuff, if you intentionally spoil anything to spite me I will ask for you to be banned for harassment. I want to go in that game blind to experience the game itself not see stuff about it on a forum.

Just buy the damn game already. Heck, if you didn't wanted people to talk about Mario, you shouldn't even be in a thread about Mario.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Just buy the damn game already. Heck, if you didn't wanted people to talk about Mario, you shouldn't even be in a thread about Mario.
I would if I ha the damn money. and NUMBER ONE this is MY THREAD, and TWO I made this well before the game was close to release. Hell this is continue of an even OLDER thread that reached 400+ posts.

You could close the thread and open again after you played the game, but if you're doing a fight that uses a character, don't be surprised when people start talking about this character.

OR you could simply refrain from talking about content openly in this thread from a brand new game as per my initial request.

look this is getting off topic, just keep Odyssey related stuff IF they could give Mario an advantage properly hid and stuff.

Ok, if you say so, but i don't think we should stop talking about new abilities that Mario gained just because you didn't play the game yet, if something in Odyssey gives Mario an advantage, it would be unfair not to mention it just because of that.

AquaWaifu said:
WORLDS, powers, enemies, tons of stuff, if you intentionally spoil anything to spite me I will ask for you to be banned for harassment. I want to go in that game blind to experience the game itself not see stuff about it on a forum.
Don't jump to assumptions.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Ok, if you say so, but i don't think we should stop talking about new abilities that Mario gained just because you didn't play the game yet, if something in Odyssey gives Mario an advantage, it would be unfair not to mention it just because of that.

if it comes up just state it as brief as possible.

Noahkaismith said:
I was taking a precaution cause it seemed like it could've lead to that.

Im sorry. I just really dont want to close this thread or get spoile about the game. I like chatting here about this battle.

Noahkaismith said:
The only thing that's relevant is that Mario has possesion now, and I assume you already knew that.

by the looks of it since Cappy isnt part of standard equipment its up to OPs to include him, and well I dont for this match at least. Mario doesnt need it to win.

The hell he isnt. Cappy is a sentient being, and unless he's added to that as he is NOT just some standard item or power up I will not consider him in this.

Besides, its not like without it he's doomed to lose anyway.

Looking it over, i have to agree with Mario probably edging out total victory, not only is he more experienced, but he does have a pretty decent amount of hax advantages over Twilight.

Gonna go with Mario 7/10.

Jared1111 said:
Looking it over, i have to agree with Mario probably edging out total victory, not only is he more experienced, but he does have a pretty decent amount of hax advantages over Twilight.
Gonna go with Mario 7/10.

what hax advantages?

using mushrooms is useless as Twilight can undo it, and arguably most of his other transforming powerups.

Twilight has bioligical and mind manipulation the latter which Mario has absolutely no resistance to.

and most of his manipulation is honestly pretty basic, cloud manip is just being able to make clouds he creates as platforms, and eartth manip is literally him turning into a rolling boulder....against a flying enemy. metal manipulation he....becomes metal.

If Mario is winning this its due to his higher strength, not any hax advantage or "experience"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back