• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah no, Mario and Paper Mario are considered two totally different things

Hmm well then anyone who has voted for Mario due to thing he has because of Paper Mario like battle cards, badges etc...establish your votes again since they are not considered valid if those are the sole reason behind he vote.

Just so that everyone is clear, I do not care for the match-up. I'm only called here to address the misconception, which seems to be a big issue, that Paper Mario and Mario are not the same character when they, infact, are.

I have explained this many times before. Characters that originated from the PM games such as the Star Spirits and Goomboss actually appeared in other games such as Mario Party 5 and Super Mario 64 DS. Goomboss even refer to how he finally turned the tables on Mario since their last encounter and Toadette's trophy description establish that she's the same character in TTYD and MK games. All the characters in the Mario, regardless of their artstyle or genres, are the same characters. Nintendo only likes switching and spliting them up when a game they want to make calls for it. Paper Jam isn't a game that establish a different canon as Nintendo could care less about it.

Please stop using the co-existence of a popular alter-ego of a character to establish canoncity in a franchise where Mario can play golf with his baby counterpart. It would be like saying Bowser and Dry Bowser a different character just because of Mario Party: Island Tour where Bowser said Dry Bowser is his cousin and happens to be a seperate character in his playable appearance. Same with Metal and Gold Mario.

I should note this is confirmed by the remake of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. The monitor (Which wasn't in the original) established the blocks in the room are from Mario's past adventures. One of them is Paper Mario (N64).

Prf1
Pf2

If they really are the same exact character then why do they have seperate pages and completely different tiers?

@WeeklyBattle

For organization purposes. Back then before revisions on the verse and it's characters were made, the stats for the franchise were all over the place and completely cluttered. Nearly as inconsistent as Pokemon before their revision done by Cal and the Marvel comics. Since there are several feats with varying statistics, we decided to seperate the pages in terms of series appearance. We nearly did the same thing with his appearance in other games such as SMRPG.

if there is no canon then why dos it matter if they are brought up in other games? and what about Paper Jam? since its a continuation of M&L which is the same Mario that was in Paper Mario, but paper Jam also has Paper Mario

So you seperated the character pages in terms of series appearance but not all of the items powerups and abilities? How does that make sense?

Aren't you contradicting yourself with that question since it makes this entire conversation pointless?

And that Paper Mario in Paper Jam is an enitrely different character. He isn't the Mario that we have been following since the original PM. He's simply Mario but made of paper....literally.

@Dino The question here is why does regular Mario have access to the Cards that are exclusively in Paper Mario games? This is what everyone is concerned about.

Battle cards are in paper Jam and Color Splash, both have paper mario elements an paper Mario in them

So does he get acccess to stuff like the Star Rod and badges etc? Cause if he does I have to call this a stomp since stuff like Star Rod and Power Nullification with Star beam gives Mario far too big of an advantage given his already much higher AP and many that argue him having equal or more versatility in this vs battle.

One thing about the Battle Cards, Mario has to take out his pocket or whatever, go through his collectiion and use a card, whereas Twilight can with a thought mind manip him easily or tk the cards out of his hands or even possibly teleport the cards away.but if he gets off that time manip and Twilight isnt like super high in the sky out of his reach he's got a win basically.

If ppl ate still getting confused with the separate paper Mario page could we possibly add a paper Mario to the Mario page? Imo I never thought why it was separate due to "cluttered" I mean look at Kirby page hehehe. But that's just an opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back