• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs rainbow dash

So this is a thing we're doing, huh? Always love a fight I never see coming.

Rainbow seems like she's completely outplayed here. There's no elemental manipulation she has that Mario doesn't have as well, he also has forcefields and even attack reflection to keep a lot of damage off of himself where Rainbow only has a forcefield option, and while she has a BFR Mario also has BFR options, in fact more than one.

Mario on the other hand has time manipulations, durability negating attacks, stat boosting, an auto resurrection, probability manipulation, a pretty decent regen, ways the heal, invulnerability options, death manips, soul manips.

He even resists Personification, leaving the only major ability Rainbow has that Mario doesn't being sealing.

Mario's just got a lot more powers, a lot more win cons, and if they're bloodlusted it's likely he'll come right out the gate spamming time stops/slowdowns or some other devastating hax to get this over with as soon as possible. I think Mario takes this.

(Also, not sure what the AP difference is, I think Mario's at 8 FOE, but I can't find anything for MLP other than a scaling chain. But I don't think the AP matters as much either, powers and hax really seem to take the win here)

Well, unless Mario has a form of invulnerability, regen, or other damage negating abilities in base (I'm seeing some "limited" invulnerability but it doesn't really elaborate), he gets one-shot with the upgrades to MLP.

They got upgraded to 4-B. We didn't allow calcs for 4-B MLP for a few reasons, I argued against them and convinced people to allow them.

Mario has two types. The Zone Speed is the slow time one, while others like the Stopwatch are total timestops. There's also apparently a Battle Card with timestop abilities, but there's so many of those I can't quite find it.

Sleep Manipulation comes from the Lullaby Star Power. Can't find a video showcase, but here's a screenshot. Very simple musical ability that puts opponents to sleep. There's Also Sleepy Sheep, which is shown in this video

That Video Also shows the Capture Card right afterwards, which is the only Soul Manip I know for sure Mario has, the card's description even says "A card that catches an enemy's soul" which...yeah, that's a creepy description. Doubles as 'Sealing' too..So I was wrong about Mario not having Sealing, whoops.

As for invulribilities, Mario's got a bunch of ways. The classic Super Stars, of course, along with all the other 'invincible' power ups that make Mario almost entirely imprevious, though a few situations do negate the invincible power-ups such as falling off the stage so...take that for whatever level of Game Mechanics you will. Vanish Cap makes him intangible when he's wearing it. Gaurd Shell DX nullifies damage. Even if he does get Oneshotted he has the 1-Up Glove that gives him a passive resurection.

And ontop of explaining those, he still does have a lot of really great abilities otherwise. Durability negating attacks, 'insta-kill' moves, BFRs, Transumutation into gold, Probability Manipulations that make his opponents sometimes just straight up miss, stat changes, Mario's just got a tone he can do in Base thanks to having all sorts of really wacky gear.

However, now that Rainbow Dash and the MLP gang are in the Kilofoe range, that's a hefty AP advantage over Mario's 10 Foe (If I'm finally getting Base Mario's AP right...), so my question becomes how many of these Hax are negated by an AP differance? A few durability negating ones probably shouldn't, and are deadly combined with timestop, so Mario would still have a chance. ESPECIALLY Bloodlusted where he's not going to mess around and just go for his best options, so if enough of his Hax are still valid Mario might be able to completely ignore MLP's new massive AP advantage.

Before forming a proper response, how many of these moves does Mario need to activate? Are any of them permanent? And considering it's basically an upgraded form of the Magic of Friendship: I doubt the 1-up glove will work. Grogar has resurrection and it's implied he couldn't bring back Sombra a second time (likely due to the Magic of Friendship)

I have another argument, but I may need to do a CRT.

It might take a while to break up everything Mario can do into 'activate' and 'passive', there's a mountain of things Mario does. The most importaint ones though are that Mario starts with Gaurd Shell DX and 1-Up Glove already passively in effect. Also 'implied' isn't a very good argument, especially if we're not going to list it on the MLP pages that they can negate ressurections. You're probably going to need to CRT that and get it approved before we can use that as a debate topic here.

For now, though, I have to retract my vote entirely just because of my issue with AP. AP negates how certain hax work and how potent they really are, and the gap is now huge. So I can't honestly tell if Mario's Hax still work. If they do, he has a fighting chance and we can argue from there, if they don't...Well, total AP stomp.

I'm inclined to say durability negating abilities, like durability ignoring attacks, soul manips, sealing, sleep...all those kinds of things means Mario still has wincons here, but I'm not sure if the sheer differance means they're applicable any more or not. So I guess I'm nuteral now for the time being?

It depends on how the dura ignoring ignores durability. But I'm willing to bet soul manipulation isn't resistable by AP. Neither is sleep manipulation either.

The Durability Ignoring are some attacks that just outright ignore defensive stats in the RPG games, the one I can find in this massive list right now just goes right for an 'insta-kill' by 'destroying' the foe instantly.

...So, again, take that for whatever level of game mechanics you think is appropriate, and how we should compare that to an AP differance.

Back