• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Link (Majora's Mask)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting Link. Mario's possession wouldn't work and his best haxes beyond that are his duplication, Transmutation and Instant Death Attacks. Link also has duplication, Transmutation, ohko Attacks and much more.

Edit: I don't know how Link's duplication works and Mario's is pretty good. This wouldn't change much in the best of the cases for Mario since Link has much more to offer.

Speed was never stated to be equalized. :/

Speed unequalized:

Mario speedblitzes Link to oblivion, and one-shots him, too.

Speed equalized:

Mario is literally over a thousand times stronger... High-end High 4-C against Link's baseline. Even with upgrades, nothing of his can multiply his durability over a thousand times. So, the second Mario's breath brushes against Link, he's dead.

Now, we just need to talk about whether or not his breath would be able to catch Link.

Talking of hax, yes, Link has more to offer. But Mario resists all of his elemental manipulation, plus more. His precognition is useless, so he has no idea of what Mario will be using, and with so many power-ups, the plumber is actually pretty unpredictable. Furthermore, Link has never resisted possession, so all Mario needs to do is knock his hat off his head--not hard, and Link has never resisted transmutation on Mario's level. Mario's transmutation works on Bowser, who is also over a thousand times stronger than Link. He may resist weaker transmutation, but nothing on Mario's level, so if he gets hit, he's turning to gold, period. Shoot, if Mario just dons the Vanish Cap, he can turn intangible for 25 seconds; much more than enough time to run over and hit Link once. And while Link has the Lens of Truth, there's also no telling if he would flash it right over Mario before he gets hit, or if he'd even think to use it right away. Links exploits things first; then, he uses that thing's weakness. But there would be no exploitation if Mario just up and disappears without a trace. Both have time stop, so that's a null point, too. From there, there isn't much else Link has that can get by Mario's advantages, and most of his hax Mario has encountered before. He may not resist them, but he's well aware of how to deal with them, while Link hasn't faced too much that's akin to Mario. Furthermore, Mario's time travel is way superior to Link's, so he has no advantage in that department, either.

I'd say Mario takes this. And really easily.

I'm pretty sure speed is equalized, otherwise Mario would blitz (though he's also Sub-Relativistic so Link can also speed blitz, so yeah, speed equalized).

Mario doesn't have anything that makes him resistant to Time Stop and Link has Time Paradox Immunity, something Mario doesn't so his Time Travel won't do much at all. I also don't see Mario resistant to Existance Erasure so one Ancient Arrow = Bye Mario. Link also has 2 forms of Immortality while Mario doesn't and he also has Resurrection so Mario will take a very long time trying to kill Link, if he even can due to Immortality.

While Mario tries to find ways to kill Link, Link would have already Time Stopped, Mario would have eaten an Ancient Arrow to the face or he gets BFR'd.

@Zelda: First, Mario blitzes, since by default, that means we go with the highest stats. It's in the rules.

Also, Link doesn't have any resistance to time stop either, so those powers are null. Also, Link's immortality is useless here; he has type 2, which is basically intense resilience to physical pain. Doesn't let him survive being turned to bloodpaste with a poke. And type 7 is undead, but Mario's killed undead enemies before and destroyed a soul, so that doesn't change anything, either. And look at it like this: Link must rely on getting in an ability that Mario also has in order to get existence erasure and win. Mario can turn intangible to avoid such an assault, turn intangible and poke him, speedblitz him, possess him by knocking his hat off and having Cappy boomerang back, turn him to gold, or heck, even use time stop himself and poke Link as much as he wants. Link can only use resurrection once, and it's instant, so Vanish Cap would still be in affect and he can just kill him again, which would be before Link's resurrection runs its cool down period.

So, in short, Mario has way more ways to win this than vice versa. Assuming Link gets this one little, very specific set-up and wins over all other odds against him says Mario wins this pretty easily.

Mario has Sub-Relativistic and MFTL+

Sub-Relativistic = Link blitzes (Relativistic)

MFTL+ = Mario blitzes (MFTL+)

Which one is it? It ultimately doesn't matter because one will just end up blitzing the other which is why speed being equalized would be a better idea, at least I think so.

In standard battle assumptions:

Character version: The strongest canon versio of a character is used, that we have listed. The strongest version being defined as the one with the highest tier; if there are multiple versions with the same tier, then the most recent version.

Thus, we would assume Mario is at MFTL+, since it's the highest.

Either way, even with speed equalized, I simply don't see Link winning this solely because he "has more hax." Look into scenarios that could play out, look into how simple they are, look at how those must be used, etc.

Mario simply has to put on a hat to become intangible, while Link has to draw back his bow, aim an arrow, and successfully hit his target, which isn't guaranteed in speed equalized. With Vanish Mario, Link can't see him nor touch him, so it's actually safe to assume Mario could land the hit without problems.

@Metal Mario875 Link can move around in frozen time. Mario doesn't have Time Stop nor does he have a resistance to it.

Link has two ways of resurrection: Mipha's Grace and the Fairies, which Link can have more then one. Link straight up doesn't care about intangibility as he can turn intangible himself (while invincible at the same time with the Magic Cape) and has been able to hurt and kill intangible beings with a stick. Plus Link has ways to be able to see intangible beings and or sense them, so again, Link doesn't care about intangibility.

Ultimately it doesn't matter since Mario speed blitzes due to speed not being equalized so Link won't be able to do anything.

Basically it comes down to this:

Speed equalized: Link haxes the win. His hax is extremely versatile and has much more in his disposal then Mario in terms of it and there is no way Mario will be able to deal with so much hax or all of it.

Speed unequalized: Mario blitzes due to being MFTL+, simple as that. If the round is going unequalized, Mario wins.

@Cal: See, now that's assuming Link would immediately think to use it. Link likes to exploit weaknesses before using something; it says so on his profile. If he doesn't know what Mario actually did to just... disappear, he's not gonna go, "Oh, he's intangible. Gotta just negate that real quick."

@Zelda: If Link could move in frozen time, then he'd either have resistance to time stop, or infinite speed, neither of which does he have. Also, Link has, what, five Fairies, am I right? So, kill him six times in 25 seconds... or, just, you know, break all the Fairy bottles once he realizes what they are... Shoot, Link's Fairies and such have never resurrected him from literal bloodpaste, so who's to say it'd even work? I am still with Vanish Mario on this one. And Mario does have time stop using the Battle Cards. I'll quote his profile: "Mario can utilize cards with special effects to give himself an advantage in battle. Effects can range from increasing his attack, defense, and speed, doing the exact opposite to his opponent, recovering health, nullifying damage, or stopping time."

Also, it's kinda sad, since it's not on his profile, but Mario has two methods of resurrection, too. And he can legit carry 198 of them, since they're items (Retry Clocks and Earlier Times), which would allow him to resurrect 198 times. Might make a CRT sometime about that. Also, Link doesn't have intangibility on his profile anywhere; he only has invisibility, but that power is limited, since he can still be heard and touched. With intangibility, you can't be touched.

Buddy, you claimed twice that he doesn't have on there where it's quite said that he had it on there. I promise I didn't say that to be mean o anything.

The real cal howard said:
Buddy, you claimed twice that he doesn't have on there where it's quite said that he had it on there. I promise I didn't say that to be mean or anything.
What? What do you mean?

I said he doesn't have intangibility. I'm not wrong. And I said he doesn't have resistance to time stop or have infinite speed. I'm not wrong there either.

What did I say?

Who doesn't have intangibility? Link? Because he does. The Magic Cape grants him invisibility, invincibility and intagibility.

And why are you saying that Link doesn't have Time Stop immunity when Mario can't stop time himself? Link can stop time, it's one of his main hax abilities. Mario cannot. Brining up that Link doesn't have Time Stop Immunity against a character who doesn't have the ability to stop time himself is a moot point.

Only invisibility is mentioned, so the other stuff simply isn't there. Unless you allow me to bring up powers of Mario's not on his profile, I'm not going to let you do the same. We go by the profiles.

I literally took the quote and emboldened it for you that Mario could stop time. It's on his profile. Link's "immunity to time stop" isn't. That simple.

Then why isn't Time Stop in his abilities then? And for how long can he stop time?

But again, all of this is pointless because Mario doesn't need any of this due to his speed if unequalized is still the main speed of battle. Mario wins regardless.

Good question. I would assume "time manipulation" is supposed to cover that, but I really don't see why anyone would choose that over "time stop," which is what the power actually is. Furthermore, I don't recall other times Mario messed with time other than when he time traveled, so you have a point yourself. Regardless, it is mentioned somewhere. Also, it's a locked profile, so it's definitely something an admin approved of.

True. Should this be closed, then?

If it remains unequalized, then yes it should be closed. Link has no chance of winning against someone who makes Relativisitc look like a snail moving on Molasses.

Going with Link, while Mario is much stronger in terms of raw power, Link is far more haxed and is the more tactical of the two. So yeah, Link for reasons above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back