• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Link (Majora's Mask)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still going Mario. Over a thousand times stronger, this Link has no counter to Vanish Cap, and for my previous reasons, Mario's transmutation is still an issue for Link. Link's time manipulation is countered by Mario's, and Mario's time travel is still far superior to Link's. To add more onto that, this Link doesn't have time paradox immunity, so Mario's time travel can affect him.

With that said, Link is left with the options of mind reading and mind control, but the latter would only work if it was Boo Mario (which isn't likely to happen and is highly situational), and the former only delays the inevitable.

Mario ftra.

But wasn't his time travel eventually rejected or something?

Mario's stronger and more durable. Plus, Link may be tactical, but he doesn't bust out the big guns first. Mario is more prome to do that. For those reasons, I'm picking Mario.

Plus a lot of Link's abilities are BS imo but what cam I do?

Metal Mario875 said:
Eficiente said:
But wasn't his time travel eventually rejected or something?
Apparently not.
It's still on his profile, so it's usable.

uh no its still there just not combat applicable since we have no idea how he does it or what limitations it may or may not have.

Non-combat applicable? OOC?

Mario used it by jumping because Bowser time traveled back to change the past and make himself win against Yoshi. Mario wanted to ensure that didn't happen by giving Yoshi power-ups whenever he struggled.

He wasn't bloodlusted, so it's in-character should he need to use it, and he used it pretty easily to turn the tables on Bowser, so I don't see why it's not combat applicable.

But anyway, that's derailing. We'll have to make another thread if we want to discuss that.

Mario wins. Link has more hax, but the good haxes he does have Mario has. Mario is so much stronger than Link to the point Link's hax really doesn't matter. Mario also has a more varied arsenal than Link and his arsenal can be argued to be more useful since he can turn intangible and turn invincible for an unlimited amount of time. I'm really starting to questio the way fights are settled. Most of the reasoning people use to declare a winner are vague, and have been debunked by other people. For example Bill Cipher VS Asriel Dreemurr, while Bill's hax is way more useful people kept saying Asriel wins. I think people should give more info for why a charcter wins.

Luke Merod said:
Mario wins. Link has more hax, but the good haxes he does have Mario has. Mario is so much stronger than Link to the point Link's hax really doesn't matter. Mario also has a more varied arsenal than Link and his arsenal can be argued to be more useful since he can turn intangible and turn invincible for an unlimited amount of time. I'm really starting to questio the way fights are settled. Most of the reasoning people use to declare a winner are vague, and have been debunked by other people. For example Bill Cipher VS Asriel Dreemurr, while Bill's hax is way more useful people kept saying Asriel wins. I think people should give more info for why a charcter wins.
The reason Asriel won is because he can nullify anything Bill can do just by standing there. But that's off topic so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back