• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs. Kirby Rematch

Id say Inconclusive both are packed with hax abilities such as kirby's copy abilities, friend hearts etc. And Mario's passive ressurection, passive force field creation, flipping in and out of dimensions (3D to 2D), etc. It can go both ways but I'd say inconclusive imo

Sir Ovens said:
Mario has a 4-A key, why not just use that?
4-A Kirby one-shots Mario easily.

On the other hand 3-C Mario doesn't one-shot 4-A Kirby

Funny enough, Kirby resists almost all of Mario's Hax. (reality warping, spatial manip, time manip, soul manip (kind of) transmutation, existence erasure, and possession) are resisted by Kirby alone (without optional equipment) Mario does have passive resurrection, but since both have optional equipment, Kirby has resurrection too instantly. despite them being in different tiers, it's not a 1 shot due too Kirby far into 4-A and having high-mid Regenerationn. Pretty sure Kirby just takes over Mario with either body puppetry, empathic manip, morality manip, or possession. voting for Kirby.

Why was the original match removed again? I get why the matches for Mario's tier 4 key were removed but what changed that got his other matches removed? Anyway, not much seems diffrent from the original match aside from Kirby not getting one-shot, so poyo FRA.

I know, but that still makes me wonder why it was removed on Mario's page since 3-C Mario was used and not much (if anything) seems to have changed to that key and the match since the original fight.

That.one.mofo said:
Funny enough, Kirby resists almost all of Mario's Hax. (reality warping, spatial manip, time manip, soul manip (kind of) transmutation, existence erasure, and possession) are resisted by Kirby alone (without optional equipment) Mario does have passive resurrection, but since both have optional equipment, Kirby has resurrection too instantly. despite them being in different tiers, it's not a 1 shot due too Kirby far into 4-A and having high-mid Regenerationn. Pretty sure Kirby just takes over Mario with either body puppetry, empathic manip, morality manip, or possession. voting for Kirby.
Kirby regen can be easily stopped by soul_manipulation/sealing via catch card which kirby isnt resistant too. And how would kirby land a hit if mario teleport to 2D to 3D at will instantly? (He can also stay in that dimension as long as he wants) even if he would lose the he would just restart time and the entire battle via retry clock (that enables Mario to restart the entire battle he participates in if he's defeated) and probability manipulation makes it even more difficult to land a hit from mario via close call or lucky day. Overall, they both have wincons and both can get incap numbers of ways so my vote still stays Inconclusive

I feel like Kirby has more hax here that works, especially with their friend hearts which I've heard are pretty in-character for Kirby to use. Resurrection + regen don't help against morality manip, dunno if retry clocks would work either, but I think that Kirby would at least use a wincon before Mario does.

How do the Friend Hearts work? Do they have to come into contact with the opponent?

Would a forcefield help against that? Said forcefield also protects against intangible attacks.

Yes force field works as well as flipping between dimensions at will and probability manipulation mario can mostly dodge kirby attacks with both and He can incap with AOE sleep via sleepy sheep or soul_manipulation/sealing via catch card and retry clock will work if hes defeated that's how it works itll just constantly restart the battle giving mario multiple chances to change up his battle strategy

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
And Mario's passive ressurection, passive force field creation, flipping in and out of dimensions (3D to 2D)
  • Ressurection is not going to do anything against Kirby's 2 most common ways to deal with foes (inhaling them or turning them in friends). When have you even seen base Kirby going to hit anyone?
  • Forcefields do nothing to getting its user inhaled and having an energy heart enter its body.
  • Flipping dimensions is useless, they are already in 3-D and going from that to 2-D makes Mario dodge nothing here.
NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Kirby regen can be easily stopped by soul_manipulation/sealing via catch card which kirby isnt resistant too. And how would kirby land a hit if mario teleport to 2D to 3D at will instantly? (He can also stay in that dimension as long as he wants) even if he would lose the he would just restart time and the entire battle via retry clock (that enables Mario to restart the entire battle he participates in if he's defeated) and probability manipulation makes it even more difficult to land a hit from mario via close call or lucky day.
Kirby can just destroy the catch card as it isn't on the same level as Mario. Again, he's not getting killed, let alone with his higher AP. Probability manipulation is good but it may or may not work.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
He can incap with AOE sleep via sleepy sheep
Sleep manip is a form of mind manip, which Kirby resists.

A lot of things were repeated over and over again, giving some impression of a lot of things in Mario's favor. When listing things well he has more things that has him lose here than stuff to win, I lot of the useless stuff he can do was just ignored because reasons. Not to mention what Kirby can do.

1.Sleep is a form of mind manipulation? If he gets slept he gets slept sure he resistance to mind but he can get slept dont know where mind gets mixed up with sleep. If he doesnt have resistance to sleep hes gonna get slept regardless.

2.Same level? It doesn't need to be on the same level since it ignores durability. How can he destroy catch card if they haven't been shown to get destroyed nor any knowledge whatsoever of the catch cards? If he had knowledge to the catch cards it may be possible but not likely. Also this is 3C vs 4A one or the other isnt gonna one shot anybody

3.Also inhale isnt gonna do much since mario can teleport from different dimensions with ease and stay in 2D and return to 3d whenever he wants cause kirby isnt gonna be able to hit mario in the plane of existence (2D)

Why can't Kirby just inhale the Catch Card, it'll just send it to another dimension and not actually hit him.

Kirby can fight if his soul is sealed but not his body, so that's a wincon for Mario, I still feel on the side of Kirby with A few more win cons that are used IC.

DatOneWeeb said:
Hmm, well I think you guys might wanna stop the thread in a bit. Mario might get Passive Fate Manipulation.
Mario

mate

buddy

pal

Why did you go the path of Archie Sonic

There's so many paths you can take and Archie Sonic was not the correct path

You guys should be trying to fix something as basic as his Standard Equipment and that of most characters in the verse, not try to get him to have Passive Fate Manipulation.

Sleep Manip can also be due to Soul Manip and physical fatigue (Bio Manip & Statistics Reduction), both of those are very rare and need to be specified in context to be those powers, the standard is Mind Manip. Not display of words with lack of reasoning takes that away.

Can someone show me a video of how the Catch Card works in the practice? Either I got false info about it or the idea of hitting some attack in front of you is too much.

Flipping dimensions is useless for the same reasons said above, which weren't tackled, a lot of words were just used to talk about the flipping dimensions again. Even then, Mario's not going to do that as his body is fluttered by air, if he was that competent all of his foes who did similar things weren't have been able to do the same, such as Bowser with his Gravity Manip.

Eficiente said:
You guys should be trying to fix something as basic as his Standard Equipment and that of most characters in the verse, not try to get him to have Passive Fate Manipulation.
Stuff like this is why i usually preffer to stay out of the Mario franchise. I get that the characters can be hard to quantify since they are somewhat inconsistant, but sometimes it feels like people are kinda pulling stuff out of nowhere.

I am going to eventually try to clean up his profile more. His standard equipment will most likely be his hammer, along possibly a few minor power-ups that he's been able to carry at the start. Along with his base form key as that needs some cleaning up. I would argue right now but I'd rather not since a certain new ability will be a total game changer.

Like I said before, Mario's standard equipment should consist of items he's seen with often. No one-off powerups like gold flowers, super carrots, RPG equipment, but stuff he's used consistently.

But this isn't a Mario CRT, let's discuss the match with the stuff he has on the profile as it is now.

Back