• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario powers

Imaginym said:
If I may ask, is there an official stance on the notion of Mario scaling to Dream World Antasma?
During a boss fight with Antasma in the Dream World, Antasma will repeatedly take Dreamy Luigi -who normally powers up Mario- away from Mario, putting him in an orb, of a type that Antasma can eat for a power-up, which Mario CAN break to free & regain Dreamy Luigi, but Mario can still damage not only said orbs, but Antasma, too, without Dreamy Luigi.
Azzy kinda said the Antasma feat isnt legit

>Turned Raphael Raven into a constellation

>Constellation consists of a single star

Umm yeah, that needs to be changed

Hopefully DRB will have the time to commit to this thread soon.

Dino Ranger Black addressed the Raphael the Raven thing earlier in this thread.

Raphael Raven's can remain, however. If he truly were a single star, rather than a constellation, there would be no need for an alignment for him. After all, a constellation is group of stars forming a recognizable pattern. Not a single one. The rest of the stars forming the image could be far from a viewable distance, with the one in the middle simply being closer than others.

I mean, this makes sense to me. But this isn't the only 4-A feat that exists, and this Raphael Raven isn't the only person Yoshi scales to, so I suppose his justification could change.

Well, that is Dino Ranger Black's interpretation of it. I didn't initially put it on my blog as a 4-A feat, I did it as a High 4-C feat. I was just listing all of the tier 4 feats I could find in the Marioverse, and showing that 4-A isn't inconsistent in the verse.

Not really. He said that Wiggler saying that he looks at the stars in the sky at night in Tiny Huge Island is invalid.

Well, where else would Wiggler look at them? And what else would Wiggler be looking at? At night time, Tiny Huge Island, a realm created by Bowser, has a background full of stars.

Dino Ranger Black opted for me to keep the Dreamy Luigi and Antasma feats as being relevant. While I listed them, I previously noted that they might not be relevant, but then I took the notes off because he said they still were. You can see that Dino Ranger Black addressed the Dreamy Luigi feat earlier in the thread.

King Boo did create the realm, and he also manipulated it.

I agree the fake Millennium Star thing might be a bit speculatory...

But the Paper Mario thing, even if it is "cartoony" doesn't really discredit it.

The paper mache (aka fake) planetoids present during Paper Mario's "feat" kinda gives me the impression that the stars in the background are aesthetic.

I mean, you can see a clear difference between the texture of paper in the other things and the texture of the background.

Let's also not forget that Paper Mario is a book character and that his attacks looking paper-like should generally be because he comes from a book world.

Back